Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No Home, Only a House

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, there's something that's really been bothering me for some time and I need to get it off my chest.

Now, my mom owns an adult foster care home. Someone (over 18) needs to be here all the time. When I was younger it didn't really bother me. My mom worked most days. Oh, did I mention that this thing is IN out house. Downstairs is work, upstairs is home. anyways, as I got older my mom started hiring more people or giving existing workers more hours. By the time I was twelve my mom only worked Sundays. That was fine though, people didn't botehr me as much. Now my mom is in school. someone is here everyday. Mostly (Five days a week) it's this woman who brings her 3 year old daughter. She also tends to bring her brother and sister who are around my age.

Now I hate to go into my own living room. They're there all day (till 4:30) and i feel really self concious. When here brother is here I feel akward coming out in my PJ's. I used to get to wander the house in a big T-shirt for crying out loud! Now I only feel good fully dressed. Also, Bella, her daughter, is very loud. Loud noises bother me, so do lots of people being around. Not trying to be a b****, but I really wish they would get out of my house sometimes. I mean, this place doesn't even seem like home to me anymore. It's just a house that holds bad feelings. I feel better at school, which is saying something because my social skills are close to zero.

Our house itself is even different. Nothing is where is used to be.

Also, they use the TV upstairs all day. So I have to wait until 4:30 to watch TV or play video games.

I have to stick it out for the rest of the summer then two years. I'm not sure if I can take only a house and not a home for that long.....

Posted

Thats a very odd situation, I admit I've never heard of anyone with the same problem as you have but I understand it must be frustrating to have these people and possibly strangers living in your own home. If you don't mind me asking how old are you now?

I would suggest talking to your mum about never being able to watch tv or play video games during the day - but aren't you at school during the day anyway?

Whats there to be uncomfortable about in your PJs anyway? haha I'm the complete opposite. Whenever I'm at home I put my PJs on, no matter who is around! cos they're just so comfortable

Posted

I'm thirteen and I'd feel really guilty about talking to my mom about this because she has school (she's in the nursing program and she's always loaded with homework) and that's the reason there are people here more days than usual.

I guess the PJ thing is the fact her brother and sister are a year older and my age. It just feels a litte strange walking around in the stuff I sleep with people that are around my age that I don't know. If they're a few years younger or older, I don't mind.

Right now summer is on, but when school starts it's still going to be pretty different. It's going to be rather strange to have to go to my room to get some peace and quiet after a long day. It used to be our house was almost always very quiet.

Posted

Well,that sucks

Posted

*weak smile* welcome to my world :(