Voice Actors Needed

90 posts in this topic

Posted

I was talking about this on the chat the other day and I've finally written the script for the first chunk of the Intro movie, no you can't see the whole script (for one thing, it's entitled with the final name for Zelda2d, which I'm still keeping secret).

Anyway, at this stage I need two voice actors, one male, one female, for Rusl and Midna. Anyone who wants to have a go is free to, just attach the voice clip to the message, if there are any problems with this, just PM me.

Anyway, the two lines that I need at the moment are:

RUSL

(This is a flashback to the Twilight Princess Opening Scene)

Rusl:

Posted

Well... I'd be willing to try....

But...........errrrrmmmmm.......uhhhhh...I need a microphone... so I'm gonna go buy one...erm... soon.

Also, Is it possible for boys to do Girls parts, and girls do boys?

Just a question...

Yours Truely,

:triforce:

Mr.Triforce

Posted

I thought you were going to have young Link, but, I guess not. I could do a voice for young Link, if you're going to have him in it. Well I'll try.

Posted

I can try out the Rusl voice sometime. When would you like that in by?

Posted

Well... I'd be willing to try....

But...........errrrrmmmmm.......uhhhhh...I need a microphone... so I'm gonna go buy one...erm... soon.

Also, Is it possible for boys to do Girls parts, and girls do boys?

Just a question...

Yours Truely,

:triforce:

Mr.Triforce

You can try if you want, but it's gotta sound right for me to choose it

and Link doesn't have a voice in the Zelda game and I'm keeping that the case here

You can submit voices whenever you want, it will probabbly be a while before it's ready and I really need them, I'll choose one once I have a big enough selection

Posted

Ahem, you sure you want voice acting Gingerlink?

Voice acting tends to either make or break a game, as with most flash movies.

If you get good voice actors, than thats great. But voice acting usually doesn't turn out too well unless its professionally done.

If I were you, keep in mind I'm lazy, I'd use text boxes.

Posted

Very few flash movies leave out voice acting, with the movie side of things it's something that nearly always needs to be done. If I have plenty of people who actually try out, hopefully there will be a few who will really be able to add something to the cut scenes and the whole game :D

I'd probabbly keep the text boxes as well though, in case people's speakers aren't working

Posted

I'm getting a microphone tommorow,

as soon as I have it I will post my tryout for Rusl.

Though I must warn you, my voice does sound slightly Canadian. Reguardless of the fact that I have no connection to the place itself. :embarrassed:

Posted

Here's the voice file. I can use different voices, but hopefully this one will suffice. It's in a .wav file though. If you want it converted to another format, just let me know.

Zelda_project_voice_over_Rusl.wav

Posted

Pretty good, but you start to murmur a lot at the end and I'm not sure whether the echo effect does any favours :P

Don't feel offended by anything, I'm just providing contructive criticism

Posted

I can redo that then, if you want, nand not put an echo effect on it.

Edit: I recorded a remake, if that's fine. Here's the recording.

Zelda_project_voice_over_Rusl_2.wav

Posted

I could try Rusl's line as soon as I get home...I'm from Mississippi,and I have sort of a southern accent,and I sound older than I am.People on XboxLive argued with me for two hours when I said I was 12,saying I was 21.No,I'm not kidding.Either way,Rusl is from Ordon,which is in the southern edge of Hyrule.I guess it would make sense to give him a southern accent,but I don't really know how to record my voice over a microphone.

Posted

To record your voice, go to "All Programs", then to "Accessories", then "Entertainment", then last "Sound Recorder".

Posted

Sorry, the microphone isn't compatible with my computer.

I'll see if I can't get a new one by tommorow. If I can I'll post it here.

Posted

To record your voice, go to "All Programs", then to "Accessories", then "Entertainment", then last "Sound Recorder".

Thanks.I'll record it as soon as I get home,which will be either in two weeks or sometime before that.