Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which HP Dumbledore Do You Think Is Better?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, my dad and I decided to watch the first Harry Potter yesterday night, and I had forgotten how much I loved (and still love) that movie. When I saw the Dumbledore in that movie, I was kind of sad because I had remembered that the actor had died before they made the third movie (R.I.P), thats why they got a new Dumbledore. Then I thought to myself, which Dumbledore was better? Now, people all have their reasons to which one is better, like for me, the old actor who played Dumbledore was more along the lines of the books (in my opinion), and, he was just plain awesome lol, so I liked him better.

What about you guys?

Posted

i like the old dumbledore better

Posted

The old Dumbledore was better. He had this Dumbledore feeling around him. This other guy doesn't.

Posted

Richard Harris was Dumbledore, really.

JKR has said that "Dumbledore is kindess itself" and what we've see with Michael is everything but that

Posted

i like the old one

Posted

Awesome, every person who left a post said it was the old Dumbledore ^^ I guess Michael Gambon is ok, you gotts give props for the guy for being in 3 movies so far, but the old Dumbledore, just seemed,,wel..more Dumbledore lol. No other way to explain it lol :joy: *sigh* He had to die so early in the series :cry:

Posted

He died before Dumbledore became an important part of the story.

Posted

He died before Dumbledore became an important part of the story.

I think Dumbledore has alwyas been important.

Posted

Yeah, but he really comes in as a true main charater in the later books. Harry does so much with him in book 6.

Posted

The old one was awesome, the new one isn't nearly as cool. Almost scary.

Posted

OLD one ftw!

he was much better...

Moving this to entertainment section...

Posted

The new one isn't nearly as cool. Almost scary.

You're right! The other day I was talking with some of my friends in the Harry Potter fans club about this.

We remembered what Lupin says "The dementors makes you remember your worst memories" and then we said that, after The Goblet of Fire, Harry was going to remember Dumbledore when he met a Dementor with scenes like "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET HARRY?" while he's shacking Harry... That was scary :embarrassed:

Posted

Old one pwnes the New one. :pwned:

Posted

Old one's better

Posted

OMG I know! The new Dumbledore scared me in GoF (Goblet of Fire) when he got Harry Potter's name from the Goblet and he was shouting, I saw it in the movies and I jumped :embarrassed: And I loved the old Dumbledore's lines in the first and second movie, the ones near the end ^^ Also, I would have loved to see the old Dumbldore vs Voldemort in the newest movie, Dumbledore in action lol. The new Dumbledore vs Voldemort fight was pretty awesome too.

And I know this is osrt of off topic, but when I saw the ending of the 4th movie with Voldemort and Harry, the first time the people got introduced to Voldemort, at first I thought 'This is Voldemort? He''s not acting..sinister enough..or something'. I wasnt wildly excited when I first saw him in the movie, but he's pretty good.

Also, they should have not given Voldemort a nose in the first movie, since in the books he has slits for a nose and it made no sense lol

And I wished they at least made the new Dumbledore look a little more alike to the old one. I mean, yeah, I guess Michael Gambon is a good actor, but after Richard Harris died and Michael stepped in, he was completely different. He did not have the maroon robes, he did not have a white beard or hair. If I were him, I'de put on the maroon robes and dye his hair and beard white.

WOW that was a long post lol :embarrassed: