Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which do YOU think will be more groundbreaking?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

These games both have AWESOME graphics, INCREDIBLE gameplay, and are BOTH the third game in an ongoing Sci - Fi Series. But only ONE will come out on top!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to put in SSBB, but then there wouldn't be much competition and debating, now, would there?

So which side do YOU choose?

Posted

Halo3,of course.There's more...freedom in the Halo franchise than the MP franchise.And plus,Halo3 is going to be more hyped than MP3 because it's supposivly the last in the franchise,and MP3 isn't.Plus,with Halo3 having a 3D sky with cloud layers and everything,there will be alot more things that can be done in it.This will add more strategic feel,and will be GROUNDBREAKING.or should I say 'cloudbreaking'?[ok,lame pun.]

Posted

I really don't see how a 3d sky adds much to the game, sure it's a pretty cool little thing, but it's not exactly a game selling point...

Posted

I really don't see how a 3d sky adds much to the game, sure it's a pretty cool little thing, but it's not exactly a game selling point...

I guess you're right,but think.You're in a banshee.You're close to the ground,were everyone has rocket launchers and machine guns.You are about to engage another banshee in a dogfight.What do you do?You take it to the sky.Then no one on the ground can shoot you...and,plus,you can drive and stuff in Halo. :D

Posted

I guess you're right,but think.You're in a banshee.You're close to the ground,were everyone has rocket launchers and machine guns.You are about to engage another banshee in a dogfight.What do you do?You take it to the sky.Then no one on the ground can shoot you...and,plus,you can drive and stuff in Halo. :D

Then who voted "tie?"

Oh, and if you've read a previous Issue of Nitendo Power, Yes, MP3 IS the last in the Metroid Prime series.

Posted

You know,on a site were most people hate Microsoft and are all for Nintendo,I'm suprised that Halo3 actually manages to get a tie with MP3...I was thinking that "Everybody's going to vote MP3 because they hate Microsoft", but look.And,once you think about it,Halo isn't Microsoft.Microsoft's just the rich basterds that publish it.Bungie didn't make it for Microsoft at first.In fact,they were going to make it an RTS.I don't think Microsoft told Bungie to make it an FPS,but I think they made a deal with Bungie to get them to make it the Xbox's flagship title.Microsoft's like,rich.Really rich.So rich it's just UNGODLY.You'd have to have a mental disability to turn down that deal.

Posted

And we're back....on topic. :biggrin:

Posted

and....quit with the pointless posts, we were on topic anyway...

I think the reason for the tie is purely the humongous amount of hype surrounding halo 3, wheras metroid prime 3, yet less hyped, will also be an awesome game, the hype balances out with the fact some of the members are against microsft (although not THAT many). On any non Nintendo based site I think it's quite obvious that halo 3 would thoroughly beat MP3 purely down to hype...

Posted

I think Halo 3 will be more groundbreaking, because I've seen more hype for it then Metroid, so I basically agree with Gingerlink. That being said, I havent seen alot of Metroid hype, and on top of that, their making a Halo movie with real people (which I think is gonna suck personally, I saw the trailer, not one of the best trailers I've ever seen)

But I love Microsoft and Nintendo equally! :) *does not want to start a fight here*

Posted

KEEP 'EM UP!!!!!! :D

Posted

Well I choose Other. There's plenty much more hype for Halo 3 than MP3, but they're both special in their own way, MP in its platforming/shooting/scanning way, and Halo in its weapon variety/vehicles/whatever else way (No, I don't play Halo). So what exactly is meant by groundbreaking?

Posted

I just had a very weird dream.I know there's a topic for that in the open floor,but this regards Halo3.Apparently,In Halo3,there will be a bonus feature/minigame.Custom Elevators.That means you can make an elevator to do WHATEVER YOU WANT,and it can go as HIGH AS YOU WANT.So if you the elevator TO GO ALL THE WAY UP OUT OF EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE AND HAVE IT DROP AT 279MPH AND STOP RIGHT BEFORE IT HITS THE BOTTOM YOU CAN HAVE IT GO ALL THE WAY UP OUT OF EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE AND HAVE IT DROP AT 279MPH AND STOP RIGHT BEFORE IT HITS THE BOTTOM.Yes,I know that sounded weird.I also remember fighting some weird thing.It was harder than an eliete and a brute,but it wasn't either one.It looked sort of like an eliete,though.

Posted

I just had a very weird dream.I know there's a topic for that in the open floor,but this regards Halo3.Apparently,In Halo3,there will be a bonus feature/minigame.Custom Elevators.That means you can make an elevator to do WHATEVER YOU WANT,and it can go as HIGH AS YOU WANT.So if you the elevator TO GO ALL THE WAY UP OUT OF EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE AND HAVE IT DROP AT 279MPH AND STOP RIGHT BEFORE IT HITS THE BOTTOM YOU CAN HAVE IT GO ALL THE WAY UP OUT OF EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE AND HAVE IT DROP AT 279MPH AND STOP RIGHT BEFORE IT HITS THE BOTTOM.Yes,I know that sounded weird.I also remember fighting some weird thing.It was harder than an eliete and a brute,but it wasn't either one.It looked sort of like an eliete,though.

As much as I dislike them, I doubt, however awesome it may be, that M - Soft will include that feature. :lol:

Posted

Is ground breaking is based on popularity than Halo apperantly might win, yet I think -from what it sounds, MP gonna hav a completly differently controll setup. Which, if the other FPS take on that style than, it might be mp or halo3 I don't know...