Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not In Stores, Not On Ebay, Waited A Whole Month, Until...

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Now lets see..it all began 4 years ago...or so...

*flashback*

My brother had borrowed this game called Paper Mario for N64. from his friend Kayne. Now once my brother plugged in the N64 and started playing it, I took my regular spot on the top of the stairs and stared through the railing bars at the game, and my brother didnt notice me. It was a good way to see movies and such without getting noticed ^^

Anyways, we're getting off topic. Basically, as my brother played, I became hooked on watching. My brother even let me create my own file once, and immediately I was addicted to the game. So, my brother and I played the game, and I loved it so much, it was probably my second favorite game (next to LoZ OoT). And then, when I had gotten to this cloud boss (I think he was the 6th boss or something), Kayne wanted his game back. I, of course obliged to this and gave it back to him. Years passed...

*flashback to 1 month ago*

I suddenly had this craving to play the game! I asked Brian (my brother) if he was still friends with Kayne so we could borrow it, but he was no longer keeping in touch with Kayne. So I came up with an alternative of searching used videogames stores (Microplay was my top choice). I kept checking tons of used videogame stores for around 2 weeks, but every time we called, we got the response of 'Sorry, we dont seem to have it in'. So then, we went to Ebay to buy it. We searched, and searched. Nothing. I was really becoming addicted ti playing it because I was reading my brothers old NP mags which were describing Paper Mario in them as a new game. I was quite sad :cry: .

*present day*

My brother and I decided to go shopping becuase he wanted paint for his warhammer figures. I was dragged along lol. So, we went to the warhammer place in the mall, and after, he asked if I wanted to go to a store in the mall. I suggested EB Games, because I was (and still am) looking for LoZ WW. We stepped in, and saw it sitting on the shelf. I asked if he could buy it for me, but he said it was too pricy. I tried a few ways to haggle myself in to getting it, but he still said it was too big of a price. My head hung slightly low, and we started walking out of the store....until I spotted it. There, sitting in shocase, in a glass roating box of some sort. was PAPER MARIO FOR N64!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::joy::joy: I told Brian about how long I'de been waiting, and he happily obliged to buy it for me, as long as I pay him back.

But it kind of ticks me off that it wasnt on ebay or any used game stores for a full month, and all of a sudden its sitting on showcase at this store in the mall, which is like half the size of a regular store!? :angry:

Even though I bought it, it just makes me mad :angry: AND the fact that I had to do all this crap of looking for a month >:(

Posted

Isn't WW only $20. . .

Anyway, thats crazy they didn't even have it one Ebay! But yeah, Paper Mario is an awesome game. Thousand Year Door is one of my all time favorite games.

Posted

Isn't WW only $20. . .

Anyway, thats crazy they didn't even have it one Ebay! But yeah, Paper Mario is an awesome game. Thousand Year Door is one of my all time favorite games.

Yeah, LoZ WW is about $20, but my brother spent most of the money he had on warhammer paint, and he only had like $15 left lol :embarrassed:

But its good to have the game finally :biggrin: Crap...now I gotta pay my brother like $10 now...

Posted

That game is pretty unbelievably hard. After awhile its like impossible to gain levels.

Posted

isn't it out on virtaul console now? that would've made things easier :headbang:

Posted

isn't it out on virtaul console now? that would've made things easier :headbang:

Wouldnt virtual console be more money? And I usually dont buy virtual console games unless I dont have the system, or I dont see em, which I havent seen ANY virtual console games in stores near where I live :cry:

Posted

ummm, you download the virtual console games straight onto the wii, they're not in stores...

Posted

You should be thankful you got the game, not angry about how you got it. you got there in the end and thats what counts.

Posted

ummm, you download the virtual console games straight onto the wii, they're not in stores...

. . . . . You...download them

*smacks forehead* No wonder! Jeez I'm an idiot lol

..Butif you download them into your Wii, then where do you download them from?

Posted

Man,I'm glad I kept my copy of Paper Mario.I love it.I haven't played it in a while,though.It sucks that you couldn't get it for like a month.

Posted

I think is something good that you could get it in the end!

Wow... that remembers me that I'm playing Banjo-Kazooie again, that game is one of my favorites so far... *goes to play*

Posted

Banjo kazooie i remember that game its way fun i just wish i still had banjo tooie ah well i'll just get it off of virtual console

Posted

. . . . . You...download them

*smacks forehead* No wonder! Jeez I'm an idiot lol

..Butif you download them into your Wii, then where do you download them from?

You connect your Wii to the internet and go to the Shop Channel.

I love Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo and Tooie is one of my favorite games.

Posted

You connect your Wii to the internet and go to the Shop Channel.

I love Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo and Tooie is one of my favorite games.

Well thats probably why I havent seen the shop channel, my Wii isnt connected to the internet :embarrassed: Well..yet :) Jeez I'm an idiot, thanks for tellin me guys :)

And I've never played Banjo Kazooie..sounds interesting ^^

Posted

There making a Banjo-Threeie but its for fricken Xbox 360