Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WHAT'S SO DARN SPECIAL?!

12 posts in this topic

Posted

The rule for reading this topic is no angry or flamey comments against me. Now:

Today my Dad was going on a boat trip. He asked me if I'd come, I said: "Maybe on the weekend." My Dad was going to the Rock Hall, though. "Whatever." I thought.

I go downstairs to play TP. My Dad comes down to get some stuff, and big my sister starts nagging me to come on the boat trip with my Dad. I just didn't care. My Dad said to me after a while: "Well, Michael (Oooh, I revealed my name, big suprise) *Yes, I'm slightly mad right now*, the next time you say: "I love you." to me, I'm going to ponder whether you mean it or not." , Or something along that line. HOW THE *CENSORED* IS GOING ON A STUPID BOAT TRIP WITH MY DAD A SIGN OF LOVE?! I DON'T GET IT!!!!!! IT'S A BOAT TRIP, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! WHAT'S SO SPECIAL? QUALITY TIME?! WE HAVE PLENTY OF THAT!!!!!! I...DON'T....GET IT!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me what's so special and why it's a sign of love? My Dad told me to think about, in which to add, when I asked him TWICE (A MEASELY TWICE!!!!!!) he shouted and said: "I SAID THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!" Whoa, SPAZ ATTACK!!!!!

WHAT. IS. SO. SPECIAL?

Posted

mmmmh, the trip was on the weekend right?

If so, I'm confused like you about their attitude, is weird... Maybe they were expecting an answer in the moment...

Posted

I guess your dad wanted you and him to spend quality time together rather then you playing TP. I know thats what my dad would say, he's be like:

'You'de rather play a game then come on a boat tripl?' Then that'de make me feel guilty. Then he'de leave and probably wouldnt talk to me for like half a day because of that little conversation.

Posted

Maybe he was looking forward to go and him going on that boat trip for a while, and he felt upset when you just shot him down like that. I know, because I've done it to my dad when I was younger, and now I look back and understand why my dad was upset... :nervous:

Posted

Maybe your dad looked forward to the boat trip, I don't know, it sounds kind of weird.

Posted

The rule for reading this topic is no angry or flamey comments against me. Now:

You can't make your own rules for topics, but luckily for you, that's pretty much one of the official rules anyway :D

maybe you should've come up with another reason? such as boats don't make you feel too good. How long have you had TP though, because if you only just got it, I can definately understand, but if you've had it like since near-release, I can understand how your dad feels, but I think he went a little over the top.

Posted

You can't make your own rules for topics, but luckily for you, that's pretty much one of the official rules anyway :D

maybe you should've come up with another reason? such as boats don't make you feel too good. How long have you had TP though, because if you only just got it, I can definately understand, but if you've had it like since near-release, I can understand how your dad feels, but I think he went a little over the top.

It doesnt matter whether TP is brand new or 5 years old. (the 5 year old thing is a hypothetical situation)

TP is still going to be at home - waiting for you when you get back. You can play it any time. A boat trip doesnt happen to often and it is often quite fun and worth it to take trips out with the family to (as it has been said before) make some quality time.

If your dad asked you to the mall, which you always go to, I could understand if you wanted to stay home, because the mall is really nothing too special and much like TP, you can do almost any time.

Perhaps your dad did over-react in that situation, but I can understand why he could be upset about it.

Posted

Ah...

So it was mainly because he was looking forward to quality time for the boat trip, and he got upset....because....he thought...I'd rather play a game...than go with him...... :o_o::sadlink:

G**, I feel so guilty now. How could I have been so stubborn?! :angry:

I guess the first step is apologizing. :sadlink:

Geez, I feel like such a jerk now.....:sadlink:

I don't know if I can make it up to him.....

Why was I so stubborn..... :(

Posted

Live & Learn.

Apologise and try and be more considerate next time.

Posted

Maybe you should have gone with you dad

so wait your dad wanted you to come with him then

but he was going to be away at the rock hall on the weekend

personally i feel there's alot more you aren't telling us

kids have a way of exagerating the situation

you should have gone with him

you'll appreciatie when hes gone...when it's to late

Posted

boat trips are fun, and what your dad most likely enjoys, it's like when your mom says "why don't you come shopping with me", it shows engagement with them durring their time of happyness.

therefore it is indeed a sign of love. Because i said so

Posted

HT, you're not a jerk, you just reacted while you were angry, you need sometime to cool off(yes I just spelled kool with a c) ^_^