Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yet Another Zelda Fan Fiction

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Please don't off-topic too much. Posts are appreciated, as well as ratings, but please.

Also, this is on hiatus to enable me to work on my original story.

I'll return to it, eventually.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Please don't off-topic too much. Posts are appreciated, as well as ratings, but please.

Also, this is on hiatus to enable me to work on my original story.

I'll return to it, eventually.

Sahaqiel

I think on a scale of 1 to 10 this story would be a 10 :embarrassed:

Edited by real link (see edit history)

Posted

Fantastic, sir. I do love the Deku Sprout's character. :n_n: Well-written and filled with allusions to past games, items, etc.

Good job, yar.

Posted

Fantastic, sir. I do love the Deku Sprout's character. :n_n: Well-written and filled with allusions to past games, items, etc.

Good job, yar.

indeed :D

Posted

sooooooooo whens the next chapter ready

Posted

Hmm... Maybe soon.

Maybe.

Sahaqiel

Posted

cool :joy:

Posted

Yes. Write more. >:(

Posted

Chapter 9: The Zola

Link approached the castle, mask bumping softly against his nose. The path was as guarded as ever. He had exhausted his want for adventure and merely wanted to head inside. He could possibly have a chat with Zelda in the well insulated castle. The guard stiffened at the sight of Link and asked his business there. Link lifted his mask slightly and the the guard nodded, planting his spear into the ground, signaling the gate to open. He felt full of energy, ready to run up the walls of the castle to Zelda's window without the aid of any special equipment. Reminded of the incident at the milk caf

Posted

wicked :joy:

Posted

jbfgahebughb

Hints, everywhere. Some of the more obscure things I never would've guessed. I don't think I've heard the word Zola, though, I've always assumed that they were Zoras. I see where you're going =O . Can't wait to see who it is.

Posted

Chapter 10: Dreams and a Milk Caf

Posted

Ah. I see. Slowly decapitating the mysteriousness of your Zola I am, Saha. It slowly makes more and more sense.

Posted

Chapter 11: Hyrule's Milk Merchant

The sun greeted Link through his mask's eyeholes as the morning shook him from his slumber. Scratching his ears, the lad yawned and sat up. Where was he?

Link stayed at the milk caf

Posted

Chapter 12: The Dread-Bird

At first, there was no feeling, just the blackness enveloping everything. There was no texture to this curtain of darkness. It was black. It was everything. Progressively, though, the blackness developed brightly colored lines and colorful explosions. They eventually calmed and became a large red circular glow. The circular glow was just that; a circle. It wasn't very interesting. But then, a bit of blue mixed into it. Pits started forming in the hazy circle. It was pretty to look at. But it was missing something... Just as the circle started to develop green, a voice was heard, as if from far away... It faded in and out. At first, it was incomprehensible. It became steadily clearer in this odd realm. "Link... Link..." The sphere was now an odd jumble of things, accompanied by this voice. "LINK!"

The hero, was pulled into consciousness, at which time his senses kicked in. His sense of sight told him that his eyes were facing the sun, and that he'd been sleeping with his eyes partially open. It also told him the sky was a very pretty shade of blue. His sight and touch confirmed he was sleeping with his arm partially concealing his eyes, where his green tunic was showing. His sense of smell told him he was directly on top of the familiar vehicle of LonLon Ranch, the milk wagon. Being a little agitated that his sense of taste was being left out, (He could have really gone for some fruit at that moment) his sense of hearing was bombarded for the third time that week. First Morpha's incredibly awful screeching, then the amplified snoring, now, "WAKE UP! Your arm is showing! Someone will see! Get down!" Link fumbled around until he was up and alert. He looked to his right, where a large patchwork was holding together the canvas of the milk wagon. Hopping down, Link concealed the rest of himself in his cloak, stumbling slightly on its folds.

Malon and Link had caught up on old times elsewhere the previous night, this time, bringing Epona along. They eventually crashed on the milk wagon, Link sleeping "top bunk". Malon had sent her father to Hyrule Castle with the latest shipment of milk, which she knew would cause him to take a longer-than-necessary nap, which would give Malon and Link enough time to sleep properly without his accursed snoring.

Epona was tethered next to the wagon, Malon just beside her. Link was sitting on the pavement, rubbing his eyes from under his Keaton Mask, which he had unfortunately slightly drooled on. Link turned towards a building to wipe off some of the drool inside the now damp mask with his cloak. Lights were still dancing in his eyes from sleeping while looking at the sun. Malon observed with slight irritation. "So, Link, where to?"

"Hoo! That will be decided very soon, I suspect."

"Indeed it shall! Thank you for agreeing with me mister..." Malon froze in a confused face, still trying to process where the voice was coming for and why.

Malon was able to conceive that the voice came from above her, and that she had never heard it before. She also heard very odd noises, accompanied by downward gusts of wind. Looking up, her hair flying annoyingly over her eyes, she made out the outline of a gargantuan bird, slowing down from a dive. Malon quickly moved her hair out of the way in time to see Link hold up his mask in satisfaction, and the giant fowl perch on her beloved milk wagon. It was a very large bird. The wagon almost fell over from the force of the landing. The bird stood on one foot, the other clutching the milk wagon, all the while flapping his wings, trying to gain balance. Feathers went everywhere, and the commotion had caused even the oblivious Link to turn around. Link jumped back with his arm in front as if to shield his eyes from the mundane horror that stood before him. Settling down on the wagon, trying to smooth his feathers from the recent ruffling, was Kaepora Gaebora.

Malon wasn't as phased as Link, though, and looked at him oddly. "Who is this, Link?" Kaepora puffed with pride. "I am a great guardian owl who has much wisdom to offer youths such as yourself, only I am very selective of who I share my knowledge with." Malon nodded.

"Furthermore, being one of the scarce talking fowl in this kingdom, I am completely able to communicate what I have seen in my travels. A bird's eye view is the best view, in my opinion." Malon nodded again.

"I have come to explain something to Link, here, who, as you know, is the Hero of Time. He's been called to duty once more, however, after he stumbled into this land. I observed this scene from above, hoo-hoot, but I could not aid him in his time of need because I myself had to take cover from the awful blizzard." Malon nodded a third time, but this time, sat on the pavement cross-legged. Link did the same next to her, only with his head down in disbelief and shock.

"I decided to look for him, hoot, as sometimes he isn't up-to-date with all the information I have for him. It is a very tough job to scout for him, hoot, because I have to stay in the air for very long periods of time. My wings get sore, you see?" Malon nodded again, only her expression seemed to have gotten a bit glazed. Link was sitting beside her shaking his head, masked face in his hands.

"So that brings me here, to your marvelous Castle Town. I was beginning to think he had made it, and with my excellent vision, I spotted him snoozing on your milk wagon, hoot. And that brought me to land on the very milk wagon he was situated on, unsettling your hair, which is very pretty, I must say-- I could spot it from a mile away." Malon nodded, only she didn't seem to be paying much attention.

"So you understand. Or maybe you didn't catch it all. Would you like me to explain again, hoot?" Malon had completely lost it. She was half-asleep on Link's shoulder. Link was startled by the familiar question. He turned his head slowly towards Malon, at which time she unknowingly, in a daze, sentenced Link to another lecture.

Kaepora Gaebora was beginning to unleash his almighty vocal chords that could bore the Gods, when Link interjected with a frightened yell. He implored that he see that his audience had gone to sleep. "Hoo-hoot! You should really go to bed more early, child. It is not healthy to stay up late, hoot. What was she doing staying up late, Link?" Kaepora eyed Link suspiciously. Link shook his head quickly and waved his hands, telling him that she didn't go to bed late. "Well, she must have been tired and you didn't notice it. Anyway, Link, I have things to tell you. The Gerudo Desert has been very strange lately. The thieves have been inactive and they seem to be plotting something. Just yesterday I saw them with a strange creature who was very unfit for desert life. It was a Zola, only he was in shackles. I didn't hear him say anything, but I could tell he was experiencing a lot of harsh treatment from the thieves." Link nodded.

"I would like you to go there very soon. In fact, it would be best that you leave now. I fear for the Zola's life. It didn't seem hostile at all. It is also abnormally chilly in Gerudo Valley. It's much colder than all the other areas I've visited lately." Link nodded.

"It is important that you go there without being detected. They've really upped security around there. I once saw them throw a hostile into the river leading to Lake Hylia." Link nodded, but learning from past mistakes, stood alert in case he was going to ask him if he wanted to explain again.

"Time is running short, Link. I suggest you stock up on whatever you can and get going. I have already notified Princess Zelda that you will be leaving soon. She's been very busy, trying to fix Rupee inflation and other issues. You will be leaving soon, hoot?" Link nodded. He'd wondered where Zelda has been.

"Good. Would you like me to explain again? You children always miss parts of what I'm saying." For the first time in ages, Link finally managed to say no when the question was thrust onto him. "Hoo-hoot! Excellent. Well, hero, farewell!" Kaepora Gaebora stretched his gigantic wings and took off, making the wagon rattle slightly.

Malon was still asleep on Link's shoulder. He nudged her gently. She woke up with a yawn and a stretch, hair slightly out of place from Link's shoulder. "Hmm... That was a good nap. Although I had this awful dream where an owl came down and nearly bored me to death..." Link laughed and stood up. He told her that he'd be leaving for Gerudo Valley as soon as possible. "Ooh, okay. Thanks for taking me around town, Link. I had a really great time!" Link smiled awkwardly under his mask, as he'd technically been dragged around town by her. "Oh, wait, Link, before you go, give me your empty bottles; I'll fill them for you." Link paused and asked if they'd make him mentally dull witted like the other milk. "No, no, this milk is courtesy of the cows born and raised on LonLon Ranch!" Walking to the back of the wagon, she filled his bottles by pouring milk from the bottles in the wagon into his own. "It'll rejuvenate you, but it has no hint of strength in it. Good luck, Link!" She hugged Link quickly and ran off into the alley.

~Chapter End~