Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yet Another Zelda Fan Fiction

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Chapter 17: The Obvious

The chilled fairy frantically searched the surrounding area, trying to locate where the hero had gone. Out of the corner of her eye, she seemed to notice a mobile green figure, but she couldn't seem to focus on it long enough to do anything. The climate of Hyrule in general had become quiet and balmy, the air abundant with moisture from the rainy season, clouds lazily floating on through the night sky. But the air around Hyrule Field was still very chilly due to the possessed fairy's rage. She clenched her teeth and glared at the empty space around her.

"I know you're there! Where are you hiding!?" The ice fairy's blue eyes glinted with madness and wrath, and anyone with half a mind would probably keep away from her. "I promise I won't kill you slowly!"

Still holding her scorched upper arm, the fairy hovered swiftly around the field, looking for anything that resembled Link. On the edge of her vision, something a brighter green than the fields burst into vision, with peach colored arms and an odd hat. Hovering, the enraged fairy flew forward, arm outstretched, and launched a powder blue projectile at the figure. On contact, the imposing sight froze and crumbled into chunks of ice, bright particles leeching through. The night was still, a curious sprite lingering in the atmosphere. She landed on the ground, feet making a rustling sound in the grass, which froze into fragile glass-like shards. Approaching the defeated crumbling silhouette on the crunching remains of the wintery grass, the ice fairy bent down, kneeling to get a better look.

Silence pervaded the nocturne air. Nothing stirred or existed in the presence of the ice fairy and her score. The fairy's white dress and matching hair gave an eerie glow in the moonlight, her blue skin emanating frost and malice. As the fairy's sapphire eyes scanned the remains of the offender, a sharp sound shattered the moonlit night. Shards of the sky seemed to explode as it was punctured by the sound of a taut bowstring being released, letting forth a blunt and fiery projectile. The grass glowed in awe at the arrow that streaked through the air at incredible speeds. The ice fairy's eyes spoke fear and the insect on her head was frantically squirming, screeching like mad. The fairy managed to dodge the arrow, which continued on in a determined path.

The unfortunate victim of the arrow's set path was a Zola on horseback. The pair of Zola were on Epona, riding towards the battle at breakneck speeds. The Zola in front's cloak was clipped by the arrow, setting the clothing ablaze instantly. Epona reared and both the Zola were thrown off, erecting a cloud of dust in their general area. The ice fairy grinned and shouted to the surrounding area.

"You know, I can't see very well tonight." In midsentence, she flew towards the scrambled Zola.

Link tensed from his hiding spot, unequipping his bow and charging forward. The two Zola were on the ground, wrestling the Kafei mask from each other. The dull witted Zola was frightened by the bright arrow and was trying to shield his eyes with the visage, while the other was trying to get it back after throwing off the blazing cloak. The ice fairy charged forward at full speed, arm raised with a bright magical attack ready. Both Zola didn't seem to notice as they clambered onto their feet, trying to obtain the mask. The fairy unleashed her vicious blast upon one of the fish-men, freezing him into a block of ice. The victor of the mask was looking in shock at the dazzling attacker; it was unsure which one had claimed the prize of the battle.

The winged woman charged another spell in her right hand; something green. She fired it upon the masked man in front of her, and the bulging light brown insect unclenched itself from the ice fairy's head, leaping onto the stunned Zola's instead. The ice fairy collapsed from her high position in the air and the green burst took its toll on the masked Zola immediately. The Zola threw its arms out, apparently in some sort of pain, howling incoherently. Link ran forward, trying, at least, to catch the falling fairy. The air around Hyrule Field immediately became pleasant and warm.

The brilliant blue fairy landed in the hero's outstretched arms, unconscious and snoozing. Her face was nicely proportioned and looked like that of a sleeping child's. Link examined the fairy, checking to see if the back of her head was damaged by the insect, blushing slightly as the aroma of her fruit-scented hair made him want to inhale a bit closer to her head. Her transparent wings were folded behind her, unscathed by the night's happenings. Link ran to the nearest tree, surprised at how light she was. Setting her down sitting upright on the wooden monument, he drew the Great Fairy's sword and the Terminan Mirror Shield, discarding the cloak for the fairy's use. Link wrapped the fairy in the warm cloak, and sped towards the Zola's torture, stopping by the frozen Zola's stationary figure. The masked fishman had transformed into a great beast, one that barely resembled a Zola.

The Zola's tail grew longer and wider the torso became monstrous and more pronounced. Kafei's Mask seemed to meld into the behemoth's face, which had become extremely rough and gigantic. It resembled a gigantic reptilian pig with a Zola's face. The beast roared, directing its vision towards the moon that rested lazily upon the night sky. Its mouth dripped flaming saliva that made hissing noises as it streaked towards the ground. The monster stopped its vicious cries as it just seemed to have noticed Link. The howl still echoing through the air, a slithering voice rang out in a way that could only be described as telepathic.

Everything's so clear to me now! It's like someone drew out a chart with instructions in my very eyes!

Link tensed, his reflective shield raised. The grimacing shield faced the gigantic beast with a shocked expression, like always. The fire spitting from the Zola creature's mouth reflected excitedly against the terrified defense, now shining bright red in the presence of the glowing embers. The monolithic voice called to the hero again.

Ah, you're wearing a magical mask, eh? It looks a bit lopsided.

Link clenched his teeth behind the Stone Mask he recently acquired from his rolling dive. Despite finding it at the right moment, it had become worthless to him.

Roaring in what seemed like a raucous laugh, the beast unhinged its massive jaw and flame erupted from the back of its throat, forcing Link to retreat backwards.

Ahaha! Whatever evolutionary turn the Zola took, it was for the better! Ending the sentence, the behemoth charged a massive fireball that rested on the back portion of its tongue. Link raised the shield higher, crouching down on the tired ground.

Hah! You still think that will help you? The Zola-beast stomped on the ground and breathed the massive projectile at the stationary Link, who had sheathed his sword to use his other arm for better bracing himself.

The ball of fire collided with Link's shield with massive force. Link expected to be launched back or to be bathed in flames, but neither sensation came. Instead, the miniature sun shrank to half its size and bounded back at the issuer of the attack. Link's eyes widened as the surprisingly ineffective attack was swallowed by its creator, who didn't seem to mind the flames at all, issuing smoke from his nostrils.

Don't think your shield can save you now! The Zola beast's mouth opened wide and breathed smoke into the balmy air. It closed its mouth again, and tendrils of the unpleasant air crawled from the corners of its mouth.

Hyrule Field started to rumble as the creature stomped on the ground with its massive clawed feet. Link stared at his shield. It seemed to emanate energy from its shiny surface, which was grimacing back at him.

The Twinrova sisters circled him, firing flames and frost. Just trying to keep on the main platform was hard enough. His only offense was his defense; the Gerudo's Mirror Shield.

With a determined look on his face, Link ran towards the frozen Zola, still in a block of ice. The gargantuan beast again reared and released a ball of fire from its maw, directing it at the sprinting youth. Link blocked the oncoming projectile with his gaping shield. The deadly sphere climbed into the sky, dissipating slowly.

The iced Zola had a blank expression on his face, obviously unphased or unable to express a reaction. Link drew his bow and took a blunted arrow out, concentrating on the tip, which had burst into a fierce flame. The hero released the bowstring, letting the arrow fly into the mass of frost. The arrow collided with the frozen amphibian, and bounced off, flame extinguished.

A rough and monstrous voice beat down on Link's mind again.

Hahaha! The ice fairy's chill is one of the most powerful ones in the world! Your burning twigs will do nothing! Without a steady heat source to thaw him, he's doomed! I give him ten minutes. Zola can hold their breath for about that long.

Link clenched his teeth in frustration.

There's not much you can do, Hero! I'll tell you what! He can freeze to death, and you'll have the pleasure of burning to death! A flaming mass exploded from the beast's mouth, which was caught by Link's Mirror Shield as he dropped his bow and quiver. He was on one knee, now, looking at the ground with blank fury in his eyes, mouth expressionless. He held the shield in one arm, deflecting the oncoming fire as if he didn't care anymore. Determination took hold of his mind.

Link's Mirror Shield started blinking red, making an odd noise as if it was ready for something. Link concentrated hard on the reflective defense on his arm. Something in his mind slipped into the shield with a somewhat warm feel to it, as if his very blood was heating up. The gaping shield stared at the frozen Zola as Link directed it to the unfortunate creature. A roar erupted behind the hero and his shield, and stomping shook the ground. The frantic youth with the frightened shield concentrated harder. The Zola's eyes seemed to move within the frost prison. Link's eyes leaked warm tears, his teeth clenched to breaking point as he watched the hopeless Zola in a fit of desperation. Will another die tonight? Will he fail to save another?

Link ran awkwardly through the snow as a Goron, treading across the frozen lake with snow and frost biting at his heels. He could swear that his rocky eyebrows had cracked. Tatl hid in Link's hat, taking refuge from the extreme cold. Tatl exited the hat momentarily to look around. She stopped at once and rang loudly.

"What's that? There's something on that frozen lake!" Link squinted his blue Goron eyes and shaded them with his hand. There was a bulk of something on the iced lake in the midst of a gathering of gigantic snowballs. They approached it with curiosity.

"Hey! Isn't this snowball bigger than the others?"

The shield would not react, and a loud screeching roar cracked like lightening over Link's head. His vision was blurring with tears and frustration. The Zola didn't have much time left.

What are you doing, Hero? You can't glare a hole through the walls of ice! However, Link was determined to let the shield do the glaring. But it would not work. The ice covering the Zola glinted in the light of the spring moon, and Link's mind tensed under more pressure. His mind flashed back.

Upon reaching the mysterious mass, Tatl examined it closer. Link could see a silhouette of something in the crystalline behemoth. Tatl rang loudly once more.

"Whoa! He's frozen solid!" Link's eyes widened and his teeth clenched. He pressed his face against the ice and saw a face staring back at him in melancholy. The visage looked sad and lost, trying to find something, or someone.

"Wow! He's one ancient Goron, isn't he?" The frozen figure was indeed a Goron, caught helplessly in the sparkling ice.

The Zola's eyes were moving around frantically, his mouth agape. Sparks fiercely formed within the ice, but it could not free itself with fire.

Link freed the frozen Goron with spring water. He turned out to be the Goron Elder. He had a horribly hunched, rocky back, and his lower lip protruded far past his upper lip. The elderly Goron had been trying to help his village.

"As the Elder, I must do something about the situation the village has been plunged into." After rubbing his frail eyes with his cold hands, the old man looked at Link closely.

"Hunh? Oh! You're Darmani!! But you're supposed to be dead! Am I hallucinating?" Link tried to help the elder to walk.

"But... that's impossible. I refuse to flinch. If I can see past the illusion, you'll vanish in an instant!" He shrugged Link off, trying to walk by himself. Link gestured for him to wait, telling him to comfort his son who was crying in the village.

"My son is crying because he misses me?

My son misses me..."

A tear rolled down the scared look covering Link's face. He was facing delirium. The Zola's eyes had started to roll listlessly. He tried to concentrate harder on the shield, which was still blinking pointlessly. The great Zola beast behind him roared louder. His mind was moving at tremendous speeds.

"Ulp! Forgive me, my child! Your father has work to do! Darmani... Be you a ghost or a figment of my imagination, I no longer care. If you feel pity for my crying son... then please quietly sing my son to sleep with this song I am about to play on my drum. It is the very same melody that was often played for you when you were young..." Link broke eye contact with the ancient man. He couldn't bear to tell him his son really was dead. Link took out his set of drums and the feeble old Goron did the same, withdrawing a small single drum.

"How did this song go... Umm... Ah, yes, yes! Like this!" He played a few notes, then stopped suddenly.

"It's no good! I can remember only the beginning!... At any rate, I am counting on you." The Goron took his drum back and walked towards Snowpeak. He was wrapped in the blizzard, never returning.

Sweat erupted from Link's pores as he'd put every last ounce of his concentration on thawing the Zola, who had become slightly blue in the face. The Elder Goron's back flashed in his mind, and his mentality was on its edge. The beast's roaring seemed to slow in his ears. Flames erupted from the gaping shield, creating a pillar of fire that engulfed the magical ice. The shield burned red hot, casting a glow on the grass that stood in awe of the sight. The Zola's head was freed and the shield gradually stopped glowing. The fishman inhaled sharply, eyes closed. Link wiped his face of tears with his arm, and drew his sword, slapping the ice with the flat side of the blade. The prison broke and the Zola fell forward. From the odd breathing pattern, he could tell it was the lesser Zola.

The beast that shared the freed creature's form charged at Link, roaring ferociously.

What a waste of time! What do you fight for, Hero!?

-Chapter End-

Posted

=O This chapter was written very well. Very, very well. And the battle's epic; it almost seems as though this is the climax! :o

Posted

If you don't write more I'll adlkdfskfj;kjsdlsfkjadijrsttingleoisopgvkaaxfnposbugsbuigbpwsofajgokooloolimpahh

rigoewjqqnojverjtaomeqimtpvq.

Posted

My hobbies cycle a lot.

My G-string on my guitar broke, so I can't practice right now.

I'm not sure what my next source of entertainment will be, but I think it might just be anime.

After that, who knows? Drawing?

My creative outlets are many; I don't have enough time for all of them.

So yeah, this is on standby until I feel like continuing it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience. =(

Sahaqiel

Posted

My hobbies cycle a lot.

I'm not sure what my next source of entertainment will be, but I think it might just be anime.

Sahaqiel

BAH.

Posted

My hobbies cycle a lot.

Sahaqiel

I hate you beyond reason, Sahaqiel. You will write more. And I will compliment you on it. And you will have Tingle. But yeah, most importantly, you'll write more. This is the best fan fiction I've ever read. This is also the only fan fiction I've ever read. But that's only because all the others are too semi-below mediocrity.

Write more.

Now. >:(

Posted

ganon333 you cant rush perfection

Posted

this is possible the cool fanfic i had very read out of anything. i love it some much that it casued me to make my own account in the hopes of making a fanfic that is almost as good as this 1

Posted

Chapter 18: Your Enemy

The fields of Hyrule groaned under the stress of the monster that pounded through its scorched flesh. The world seemed to focus on nothing more than the two figures perched in this picture of dramatic struggle. With the whole world as his stage, the wind as his battle cry, Link knocked an arrow with brutal precision, and fired an icy projectile at the beast’s extremities. The arrow contacted a ball of fire that erupted from its target’s gigantic maw, and was neutralized. Steam filled the night air, and the stage flared with another ball of fire, dissipating some of the obscuring mist. The spot previously occupied by a man was completely alone. Where are you hiding?

Link took advantage of what precious time he had to attend the fairy at the foot of the tree. She snoozed silently, like a child, her arms sprawled behind her. Link shook her lightly, a scared but determined look etched onto his face. She woke slowly, apparently not particularly ecstatic about waking up. She sighed softly and opened her eyes slowly. Crystal blue eyes responded to Link’s pleas— they were much kinder than before.

Her eyes widened further, and she looked inquisitively at the man before her. Link pointed frantically at the beast covered in fog in the middle of the field. The fairy gestured vaguely at the back of her head, made some punching motions, then curled into the cloak further and fell asleep. Link held a bemused expression at this as he placed the recovering zola next to her.

The great beast sniffed the air, and flapped its headfins. The air did not respond. He seemed to smile with what little humanity he had in his face; he managed to hop swiftly to the left and dodged another frozen arrow that erupted from what was left of the fog. Ah, you’ve decided to fight back!

Despite the blatant appearance of a new threat, there still was no trace of his foe. The great Zola seemed to frown with irritation. I’m tired of mind games. Do you wish to stand and fight or not? The beast lurked forward, sniffing lightly around. A whirring sound presented itself rudely to his ears. What? Something approached the inhuman bulk, and it was zigzagging violently, whirring along with determination.

The beast sniffed, mouth closed, and eyed a small rodentlike object that appeared to be the source of the noise. A bombchu approached without hesitation to its target’s growls. It whirred slightly more, hit a rock, and exploded. The creature looked at this, and sniffed slightly. It had done nothing whatsoever. However, there was a man clothed in green at the foot of the beast.

The flesh of the beast next to Link was extremely rough and smelly, and he mentally remarked so to himself as he shot a headless ice arrow into the extremities of the opponent. Blue light encased every corner of the monster, freezing his legs to the unfortunate ground beneath him. What!? What have you done!? Link stepped back, and started trying to climb up the thrashing beast. Stop that! Get off me! Link, who was clinging to the upper portion of the foe’s leg, which was as large as a tree, grunted as he tried to keep his grip, but failed and was thrown to the ground at the front of the zola.

Link’s attacker grunted in what sounded like an odd mocking laugh, then broke his right foot free, and stomped on Link, binding him to the ground by his chest. Link was severely hurt; his head was spinning, and he could taste blood. The offender’s hot breath blew Link’s hair back, which was now free; being knocked off had thrown his hat to the ground. The beast blew more heated breath into his prey’s face. Link could barely feel it, just like he couldn’t feel his arms or legs. Bah! Such weak ice! So, this is the end, isn’t it? Surely you have nothing to say before your life is extinguished?

The occupied man under the foot of the likewise occupied creature clenched his bared teeth and moved his arms weakly. You couldn’t save him. You’re totally worthless., the voice rumbled, as the gargantuan jaw of the monster widened, flaming saliva dripping around Link. You put up a good fight, though. It’s too bad there aren’t more like you. For them, I mean. For me, it would mean death. The abnormality smiled at Link to his face, which was determined in trying to survive.

Flesh was melting around the outline of what seemed like an inhuman face in the middle of the forehead of the towering behemoth. Globs of liquid substance parted and fell in puddles around Link’s face. A familiar purple-haired mask slowly emerged from it, staying put in the midst of the parting skin. Worthless.

Something caught in Link’s throat.

”You’re so worthless, Link.” A young boy in a green hat and tunic pulled at his eye and stuck his tongue out at Link, likewise dressed. Link had fallen into the water trying to hop over the stepping stones in a pool of water to get something for Saria. Link had tears in his eyes, denying under his breath that he was worthless. His arm was scratched, but his prize was protected to the last; he’d held it over the water desperately, despite not knowing how to swim very well.

Saria approached the two, with a concerned glance at Link. She took Link by the shoulders and spoke softly. “What happened?”

Mido chimed in; “He tripped jumping over the stones again. What a loser.” Mido scoffed and turned around as he saw Saria tending to Link’s wound. Link shrugged her off and offered her the result of his effort; a clean fruit, picked from a high tree. He was shivering from the cold of the water. Saria smiled and took the fruit happily, giving him half.

Mido folded his arms in contempt, mumbling. “Totally worthless…”

Later that day, Mido kicked Link to the ground and lifted him by the front of his tunic. “You’re worthless! This forest doesn’t need you! It would be better if you ran away and didn’t come back!” The cruel child threw Link to the ground clenching his teeth, and walked away.

Link’s breath was being crushed out of him, his legs had ceased to kick. Perhaps he was worthless. The mask was mocking him with its vacantly open mouth. He had to at least figure out who it was he had failed to save. Link used some of the last of his strength to take out something that never seemed to occur to him. The Lens of Truth. A loud ringing was present in the man’s ears and his vision started to blur. He slid the Lens over his eye, and all became clear. His eye was moving around on its own accord from the crushing pressure being applied to him. They jerked back and forth, but the glowing flames at the back of the creature’s throat gave something for him to focus on. The Lens vanquished the bright fire from his vision as he focused on his vicious foe.

A man, arms and legs suspended like a marionette, hung lifeless inside of the Zola, unmoving. His hair matched the hair of the mask, and his build and clothes were familiar. It was Kafei.

Suddenly, life seemed to return to Link, and his eyes cleared. He thrashed under the heavy foot crushing his lungs. The zola stopped charging his flames and looked Link in the face. You still think you can win? Link’s hands had gone to work trying to lift the leg off himself. He was crazed, now, trying with all his might to destroy the thing controlling his friend.

Hahaha! You’re going to suffocate yourself at this rate! There’s no way you’ll be able to harm me under there! Link continued thrashing, his arms and legs moving to the best of their ability. Link’s arms started to move more slowly, his legs kicked less fiercely. Link’s arm had flailed behind him, and, in his rage, he grabbed the ice rod from his back and slammed it into the zola’s leg. It froze instantly, and the beast reared, kicking Link far from his own reach. He was completely suppressed by ice that grew to even his other extremities.

Link ignored all pain and got up, charging at the beast yelling fiercely, wielding the Great Fairy’s Sword in both hands. Link stabbed into the ice prison, using his sword as a pick to use for leverage. He hopped swiftly onto the monster’s face, and bashed the screaming insect on it with the hilt of his sword. After a few blows, the bug fell over onto the ground, curled its legs into a fist, turned black, and exploded into a cloud of dark squares.

Link’s strength faltered completely. The beast under him fell forward with all its weight, breaking the ice and making a sickening snapping noise that came from one of its front legs. The fairy was missing from the tree, flitting above the scene holding the other unconscious zola over her shoulder. She waved her arm, and the remaining ice dissipated. Link was unstirring on the mouth of the slowly breathing creature underneath him.

She floated forward.

-Chapter End-

Posted

yay a new chapter

Posted

CLOUD OF SQUARES?

OMGZORZ.

Thank you for writing some more stuff. It makes me happy that you decided not to throw this away like so much garbage.

Posted

Jeez. Pretty long, but really good. Well done!

Posted

Write more. Now.

Posted

Of course It's liked! Who wouldn't like it?

I'm sorry, but me....

Posted

I'm sorry, but me....

THEN YOU ARE A FOOL, AND MUST BE ELIMINATED.