Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

That damn yellow light.

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Ever since I switched me Wii onto internet, its been stuck on standby. When I turn it off, instead of a reassuring red light, its yellow. I often leave my Wii on its side after I play a Gamecube game, and it gets pretty hot after having been on standby for hours. The only way I've found to get it off, is to unplug the main cord in the back, and plug it back in. :angry:

Does anyone know how to get my Wii to turn off instead of going into sleep mode?

Posted

Gee I wish I could help :cry: , but...

I don't have a wii yet.

Posted

Hm... I can't help, but I know someone who could. I'll try to get him to look at this.

Posted

I know! The yellow light is because of wiiconnect24, I think you can turn it of at the setting thing. Though it hasn't been a problem for me.

Posted

I prefer the yellow light =/

It's not much different; standby and the red light mode-thing are basically the same thing, the yellow consuming an extremely small amount of power, even compared with the power the red light consumes. It's basically like... Keeping an LED on. It's basically what happens, though.

Oh well.

Sahaqiel

Posted

'Ight, if thats all.

Its just kind of strange, I even disconnected my Wii from the internet and the yellow light still goes one when I turn it off.

Posted

if you hold the button down it ought to go to red light, that's if i remember correctly...

I like having it on orange ligth though, it's a nice shade of orange, it only gets mildy warm and when i finally get it connected to the internet, I could be greeted by a blue glow if there's an update (the blue glow is really soothing, last time it came on I just lay there watching it for about 10 minutes)

Posted

I can help you

That yellow light is for Wii 24 connect (So your 24/7 Online!) But your Wii is gonna hot ?

my one 2 but i if fix that:

Buy the Wii 4 in 1 stand :D (or the cooling fan) It works real! (but it made a hard voice)

www.ebay.com

Or:

Just hold the power off bottom 4 seconds and he is RED :rolleyes:

Posted

My blue light flickers... Is that natural?

Sahaqiel

Posted

The blue light it weird, it flickers when there's an update or the wii is connecting, and stuff like that. It should just stay on.

Posted

My blue light flickers... Is that natural?

Sahaqiel

Yes if you update it to V3.0E then it is normal ^_^

Posted

I like it, it's not like a proper flicker, like on off on off on off, it's like, glow on, glow off, glow on, glow off, glow on, glow off.

Posted

Yes I think the new light is cool...

Posted

I like it, it's not like a proper flicker, like on off on off on off, it's like, glow on, glow off, glow on, glow off, glow on, glow off.

i like it too. the first btime my brother saw it he thought something was wrong with it

Posted

How's the light going GM?