Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Decisions, Decisions :(

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, well for the first time today, I got my Wi hooked up to the internet :biggrin::joy: I was SO happy! So, I downloaded the Metroid Prime 3 preview and some Wii voting channel (for free, no points needed). Alright, now I saw the Internet channel, and its around 500 points. I have 0 points :embarrassed: So, I asked my mom if she could pay for it with her credit card ^^ She said she'de think about it.

Now, a couple days ago, I really wanted a laptop, and still do!! Like, its the perfect quick-fix for me! My parents buy me a laptop, I stop hogging the main computer all the time, I can uninstall and delete all my programs I have on this computer and get em all on my laptop, like, its perfect!! But it costs alot of money, and I wil need to convince my parents ALOT to buy it for me, but...its possible :biggrin:

Now heres the issue. Which should I choose: Wii Internet, or a laptop.

That might sound kind of obvious which one would be better to get, but the Wii Internet would be easier to convince my parents to get, and I would have to pretty much bargain alot of my stuff to get my parents convinced into buying me a laptop. I really want a laptop...and I really want Wii Internet. :cry:

Meep.

Help?

Oh, and did I mention my parents get mad at me when I use this computer? :embarrassed: lol :P

Posted

Well,laptops are actually sometimes annoying.You have to set up a wireless connection and everything,which affects the other computer,which affects what they're doing,which affects what you're doing.The Wii connect thing wouldn't cause too many problems,I don't think,but if you're choosing between the Wii internet and a Laptop,then I'd just use the Wii to play games online,and get a laptop.

Posted

I think in the long term, the laptop is the better one to get.

Posted

I agree, though wii-net would definately be easier to get.

Posted

Yeah, but if I get a laptop, it will take a long time to re-install all of my programs on it, and I'de have to figure out wireless connection.. :wacko:

Whereas if I get Wii Internet, I can go on the internet while my parents use this computer, I basically use the computer for the internet (well, other then making videos). I could probably work something out with my parents. :embarrassed:

But then again, all of my friends are getting laptops now... :cry:

Posted

I'm getting a laptop in two weeks :embarrassed: I practically had to choose between a Wii and a laptop...

I would choose the laptop, but that's just me :embarrassed: I think you should decide wich one would get you more benefits, and then choose that one

Posted

I'm getting a laptop in two weeks :embarrassed: I practically had to choose between a Wii and a laptop...

I would choose the laptop, but that's just me :embarrassed: I think you should decide wich one would get you more benefits, and then choose that one

:thumbup: Lucky!

Well...I talked to my parents a bit more about this issue, and my dad said definately not on the laptop idea (lol, obviously). Now heres what came up in the conversation:

Well, I basically talked about this whole ordeal to my mom, and she agreed that if I helped around the house a little more, she wouldnt get mad if I went on this computer, and she'de buy me Wii Internet. I think that sounds pretty fair ^^

To the people that have Wii Internet, is there like some sort of month you pay each time, like, my mom was asking how long Wii internet lasts if you pay for it...or..does it not have a month and it just stays like that until you email nintendo when you want to stop having Wii Internet...?

If anyone could answer that it'de be a big help :)

Posted

I don't think it's monthly payments. In fact, I'm almost certain, but I can check for you. Ok, I checked, and there's not a monthly payment, however there isn't a paymant at all. It's totally free! :embarrassed:

Posted

I don't think it's monthly payments. In fact, I'm almost certain, but I can check for you. Ok, I checked, and there's not a monthly payment, however there isn't a paymant at all. It's totally free! :embarrassed:

Its not free, trust me. Because I got my Wii early on the day it came out, its not free. For 1000 points, it costs $10.00, for 2000 points, $20.00 and so on so forth.

So theres no monthly or yearly pay required? (Each month, each year)

Posted

Hm.. my friend said it was free, but yeah. No monthly.

Posted

the internet /channel/ is a one time only payment. (500 wii points which is five dollars) but to hook up your wii to the internet is totaly free

Posted

Hm... I didn't know. :embarrassed: Sorry...

Posted

Hm... I didn't know. :embarrassed: Sorry...

Nah, its ok! Some people don't know :embarrassed: Thanks for your guys' help, I will pass this information to my mom ^^

So thanks to everyone who posted here ^^

Posted

Lol. I don't have a Wii, so I guess I don't know these things. :embarrassed:

Posted

Lazy... xD