Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My High School Spanish Teacher

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!!!!!!

I love my high school soooo much!!! It is soooo cool!!! And the teachers are so nice!!! They accutely care about us and want us to graduate!! But..one of my new teachers has some..unique...teaching skills. She is my Spanish teacher. She is really cool, and she is also very nice. But, she only talks in Spanish during class. So......I can't understand her :cry: I really wish I did....but I don't. So...I have to beart with her and look at her gestures. And also, we are only allowed to speak in Spanish during class. So....I am only talking a few words during class. :embarrassed: I am such a n00b at Spanish. And it makes me a little sad :cry: All the words she says is overwhelming me :wacko: And also, since she is ONLY talking in Spanish, I have to look at the other people for help on instructions from her :unsure: I really wish I know more Spanish than I do :cry: And so also, I get bored in the class because I do not know what she is saying 90% of the time Zzz I want to know more Spanish than I do, and also it is a class that can get me to collage, so it's totally worth it :D There is one good thing about the class...and it's that once in a while, she will talk in English :joy: But, I am still wondering why she is doing all of these things *Thinks*

Can anyone tell me why....Please? Por Vavor? :D

Posted

I know that spanish is a complicated language... we have like 18 forms for every verb... while in english there are only three (infinitive, past and past participle).

you should talk to her, explain that you don't understand and if it's ok to be a little more patient with you, maybe explain to you more slowly the things or something like that.

If you need some advices, you can ask me, my native language is spanish, so I won't have any trouble helping you :biggrin:

Posted

It sounds like you are in a Native Spanish class.... :wacko: It would be pretty tough if you took that class without knowing very much spanish. Though your teacher probably speaks spanish 90% of the time to get students to learn by hearing spanish over and over? Maybe....

Posted

Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm taking Spanish 1 this year, but since alot of kids in my class have already taken pre-Spanish, so she speaks in spanish alot of the time.

Posted

My old spanish teacher was like that too, though she could speak english perfectly... :unsure:

Posted

My english teacher speaks in english with me, even if we are not in class. I find her and she asks me how I am in english, never spanish. She says that will help us a lot to practice and to learn how to hear the english language... But she knows that I've been practicing for 8 months now, and there is no day when I don't speak, wright or hear something in english. I think being in this forum really helped me to practice. But in january it was very hard to me... :embarrassed:

Once I helped GM with his spanish, talking with him in spanish. Maybe I can help you like that Cindy, or if you have any doubt of something you saw in your class or anything, send me a PM and I'll answer you.

Though, maybe I'm going to need help with my english homework soon... I must talk about Shigeru Miyamoto :embarrassed: but that will come later.

I talk too much... this was a long post

Posted

Sounds exactly like my Japanese class. I really suck at Japanese, and I'm actually going in (checking calender.....) 4 weeks and 3 days. So I'm in trouble there.

I only know about 3 words in Spanish, but at least it's a European language so the sentence structure is the same as in English.

Posted

but at least it's a European language so the sentence structure is the same as in English.

As far as I known, the sentence structure do change...

Posted

Yo te puedo ayudar! That means that i can help you. Im in native speakers 2. So if you need any help i could help you as can zoe. :lol: