Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

You're in charge of Hyrule.net. What do you change or add?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

There is already a suggestion box on here, but for this I want to be a little more specic; especially in terms of recent things.

If you were suddenly in charge of the site, what would you want added or changed? What do you feel the site is missing or needs more of? Hyrule online has nothing to do with this so leave it out of this. :)

Specific things I would also like to know are as follows...

If any of these apply to the site for you, please let me know:

What do you DISLIKE about the site?

Is anything confusing?

Is anything ugly?

Does anything ANNOY you?

Do you find yourself wishing something were different?

Do you have trouble finding anything?

What are your first thoughts (particularly anything negative) when you load the front page (www.hyrule.net/)

What do you go to other Zelda sites for that we dont have?

Is anything hard to use?

Does anything not work like you expected it would?

Last, but not least, is there anything I could do or add to the site that would get you more interested in the site, more active in the forums, or visiting more often? If so, what? (dont say hyrule online!)

Posted

Articles

Fanfics

Fan Art

Fan Music- Possibly in Albums

Fan Comics

Fan Programs

Fanimations

Fantography

Fan Videos

Fanfair

Poems + Songs

Forums

Trivia

Mailbag

Links

Merchandise

Auctions

Buyable stuff

hyrule.Net Store

Importing

Walkthroughs

Recommended stuff

Events

Jokes

Ringtones

Wallpapers/Phone

Printable stuff- like postcards, envelopes

A Wii newsletter- Like it's sent to your Wii console message board

Rumor Mill

A convention.:D

etc.

Also, I would like a "join army request" to actually be from the member, not an automatically generated message from yourself.

Need I say more. :biggrin:

Posted

Waking up really early and staying awake for something like this is something I regularly don't do, but there are issues that I feel I need to point out. I really have almost no problem whatsoever regarding the main site. However I need to ask you this: WHY ISN'T IT THAT NORMAL MEMBERS CAN'T EDIT PAST A CERTAIN TIME AFTER POSTING? D=

It's very irritating. ;P

A comicking section is what would make me, personally, feel at home, but that brings us back to editing. Normally, comickers don't enjoy updating with their last post. It causes confusion. Other than that I really don't find anything really troubling about the site. It's great. XD

Have fun. =O

(Also, if I ruled Hyrule.net, I'd hand out free cookies... NOT THE INTERNET KIND D=... We'd have contests for them XD)

Sahaqiel

PS- ... My First thought when loading the page is seriously, 'Yay! Green.' ... Never thought about it until now. O_o

Posted

A place that sells items(deku sticks, bottles, etc) for rupees would be nice. Since finding good trades on the trading post is difficult, this would really be helpful.

Also, I would like to see a few new items in the future, including that elusive bug net.

Posted

Hyrule Online...

joke...

but seriously. I think that the thing that shows the members information could be remade and made nicer. I also think that what army your in should be shown there.

Posted

I think the News Submitters should oranize to write weekly articles. Like, one NS does an article one week, than another NS does an article the next week, etc. etc. etc.

It'll make the front page more active.

Posted

I think the News Submitters should oranize to write weekly articles. Like, one NS does an article one week, than another NS does an article the next week, etc. etc. etc.

there's only 2 news submitters on the page at the moment, I think the mods could contribute too.

Posted

That's kinda what I'm working on for my site... but it would nice to have a staff... then we could use it for the front page for more information visit http://www.thc.flame-designs.com it's my website but I've been working somewhat on it....

Posted

a different backround would be nice :D

Posted

Yes! that's something that really annoys me. Not being able to edit my posts after the elapsed time.

More ideas:

Post notification via e-mail (like you can set your posts to notify you when someone replies.)

A Brawl RSS feed to the main page.

A few more contests )I realise these 2 require a lot of work on your part Dustin

Perhaps some new banners)

Posted

Yes! that's something that really annoys me. Not being able to edit my posts after the elapsed time.

More ideas:

Post notification via e-mail (like you can set your posts to notify you when someone replies.)

A Brawl RSS feed to the main page.

A few more contests )I realise these 2 require a lot of work on your part Dustin

Perhaps some new banners)

1. You can already do so... by clicking here or by going to My Controls -> Down to the bottom e-mail settings -> Then Choose what you want :)

3. More contests means more money spent... Dustin already pays a lot for hyrule.net as it takes up a lot of bandwith.

Posted

There is already a suggestion box on here, but for this I want to be a little more specic; especially in terms of recent things.

If you were suddenly in charge of the site, what would you want added or changed? What do you feel the site is missing or needs more of? Hyrule online has nothing to do with this so leave it out of this. :)

Specific things I would also like to know are as follows...

If any of these apply to the site for you, please let me know:

What do you DISLIKE about the site?

Is anything confusing?

Is anything ugly?

Does anything ANNOY you?

Do you find yourself wishing something were different?

Do you have trouble finding anything?

What are your first thoughts (particularly anything negative) when you load the front page (www.hyrule.net/)

What do you go to other Zelda sites for that we dont have?

Is anything hard to use?

Does anything not work like you expected it would?

Last, but not least, is there anything I could do or add to the site that would get you more interested in the site, more active in the forums, or visiting more often? If so, what? (dont say hyrule online!)

What I dislike about the site:

> There are rarely any updates. EVER.

> It gets boring after a while.

> There have been no new sub - forums lately to spice things up (Only the Public Clan forum and The forum of whatever army we're in)

> The fact that NOTHING was wrong with the past two versions of chat (in my opinion)

> The Bugtracker Bug

Anything Confusing? Yes. Why did Tappy CLEARLY state in his sig: "Hyrule Online: Coming Summer 2007" But it never was?

Anythign Ugly? Yep. The status of Chat. 1: We haven't had an update, and I can't get on since my Java has PERMANENTLY Expired, and 2: While I WAS on it, it would be filled with people who would swear or spam. WE NEED MORE MODS ON THERE, and I don't care HOW long. Hey, you said: "If I was in charge" so I'm saying what I'd do If I was in charge. 3: As Django posted, one of the chatbot's (Zeldabot I think it was) inferior Recognitions of people who break the rules. That bug needs to be fixed.

Annoying things: See above posts.

Wishing something were different? Yep. 1. We change chat back to the way it was BEFORE Java and MIRC. 2: Me not beign a Mod. There are PLENTY of pointless topics, topics in the wrong section, topics that get locked because of spam, and topics that have already been made GA - ZILLIONS of times. Since I'm frequently on (And used to frequently be on chat) I could take care of these problems. AGAIN, HE ASKED "IF I WAS IN CHARGE!!!!!!" 3. See "What we need more of"

Trouble finding anything? No. Not that I know of.

Thoughts when I load the front page: BLAND. I agree, We need more variety of colours, and not just for the front page.

What do I go to other Zelda sites for that we don't have? One thing, really: NEWS. EVERY. DAY.

Final two: See "Bugtracker".

Now, things we need more of:

> Flash Vids

> Flash Games

> Images in the Image gallery

> Glitches

> Videos

> Comics

NEWS things we need:

> Item Shop, Where you can buy items with rupees. Examples: Buy exclusive items for your Living avatar, Such as Mario's Cap, Samus's Arm canon, , A Triforce, Link's Boots, Iron Boots, And Backgrounds of certain Areas of Hyrule. Plus, some Limited time offers, such as the Three spiritual stones, the Triforce, The Master Sword, The Horse Call, Hover Boots, etc. Plus, you could send these items to your trading post.

> Fishing hole. Any fish you catch you can either choose to keep in a tank, which You can view in "My controls" or send to your trading post.

> An ACTUAL Rupee race GAME. Members log in, and can see a leader board, then they can sign in for a race, and all they'd need to run is to press space. You'd run to collect the most rupees. But there would also be hurdles (Literally) that you'd jump over by pressing the ^ key. If you crashed into a hurdle, you'd lose the race. Also, You'd have to take care of your character by preforming exercises, otherwise, they'd become tired a lot faster than if they'd execrised, and if they becoem tired, they'd have to sit out of the race, and would have forfited, meaning they'd have lost the race and would only be able to try again in the next one. A meter would show how tired your character is becoming, and when you should slow down. Anyone caught using cheats will be disqualified from the race PERMENANTLY.

Any more that come to mind, I'll post here.

Posted

Well I noticed a few days ago that if you search for something on the forum, you can only search for words with four or more letters. Also, a search you could use to search the entire forum would be good, in case someone forgets where the topic they're looking for was. (EDIT: Oh wait, there's one on the main page. Perhaps one on the Forum Home?)

More sheet music for more instruments.

All I can really think of now...

PS- ... My First thought when loading the page is seriously, 'Yay! Green.' ... Never thought about it until now. O_o

Green is a keeper. Whatever you do, do NOT get rid of the green. It is very easy on the eyes. I usually end up using go.hyrule instead of Google for this reason.

Posted

You can already do a search ony page of the forums Just click 'My Assistant' At the top right next to My Friends and then click the search tab.

Posted

Yeah, it's a pleasant shade. =P

Never really thought much about why I thought so. Also, you may want to change the header banner soon. Summer is crawling back into its hole. Also, yes. We brass and wood winds are always neglected for the pianist.

Sahaqiel