Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Zelda game that's NOT OoT

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh! It's because.....uh it's because........I really don't know :embarrassed: but I love it!

Posted

High five,high five!

Actually, TP wasn't my first Zelda game. My fist Zelda game was WW and the sole reason I hate it is because of the stupid triforce quest.

However, I became a Zelda fan 'cuz of Soulcalibur II....

Posted

wouldnt that technically make you a link fan?

Posted

I've got a theory!!! I think that every Zelda fan' favorite is the game that introduced them into the series. The first game G333 played was TWW, naturally, its his favorite.

*raises hand*

Actually, the first Zelda game I played was Oracle of Seasons... :embarrassed:

Posted

Oh. My bad. . .

Posted

Goron is definetly onto something with that theory, but i have to say i dont think its what you are introduced at, i think its the one you play first that you really enjoy that sticks, my first one was LA and i hated it... i played 5 minutes and put it down, then years later picked up OoT and its my fav...

Posted

The Wind Waker will always be the best Zelda game in my book. I love it.

It's a pity I don't have the game anymore. :cry:

yeah, WW was like my second fav, and i lost it too :embarrassed: I feel so sad now cuz sometimes i just wanna play it and find neww things cuz i had yet to mark all the islands off but i did get the magic armour.

Posted

ARRRRRGGHHHH!!!! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?! ARE YOU DEAF?! YOUR THEORY IS FLAWED, SINCE MY FIRST GAME WAS TWW, AND I HATE, HATE, HATE WW. I LIKE TP BECAUSE IT'S OVERALL MORE REALISTIC, NOT BECAUSE IT WAS MY FIRST. IT WAS, IN FACT, MY THIRD. I GOT ZELDA COLLECTOR'S EDITION THE SAME CHRISTMAS. SO, IF YOU COUNT THE OTHER GAMES AND LTTP FOR GBA, THAT MAKES IT 6TH. DEFINITLY NOT MY FIRST.

AND IT'S ALSO FLAWED SINCE IT WAS FLIPPIN' SOULCALIBUR II THAT MADE ME A FAN.

That was to whoever posted the theory.

Posted

why exactley did OoT do so well? i know its a great game but what sets it appart?

Not even Super Mario 64 compared to Ocarina of Time in terms of how many people were involved in it. Ocarina was at that point was the biggest game Nintendo created in terms of how much memory it needed to run. It was one of the first games to require a motion capture actor to insure Link's in-game movements were as realistic as possible. The storyline of the game was much deeper and more immersive than any other game of its genre. The graphics had some of the best graphics of its time (and that's saying something, because Nintendo has never graphic whored a game before). The gameplay introduced features that are still used in games today in one form or another (ie, Z-targeting), and the dungeons were considered the some of the most puzzling for any game at that point.

The reason why people say Ocarina of Time is the best game ever is mainly becuase it was one of the first 3D games in an originally 2D series to actually get the transition right (along with Super Mario 64 and Final Fantasy VII). The reason people say it's the best Zelda game ever is because it was the first 3D game in the series and excellently implement what made the 2D games so great, plus everything about the game that made it a monster hit. Add all the perfect review scores and the various "Best Game in Ever" awards its gotten, of course Nintendo would use the same forumula (Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess). But that's a double-edged sword, because MM, WW and TP are essentially Ocarina of Time with different storylines and objectives; none of them really innovated what Ocarina of Time paved (except TP Wii's motion controls). Ocarina of Time is the measure of all 3D Zelda games. Unless Zelda Wii does something to shake the series to its core or revolutionizes Ocarina of Time's innovations, OoT will continue to stand as the series' landmark title.

Posted

Errrrm... Why isn't Phantom Hourglass on the poll :huh: ? Because I think that is DEFINITELY the best Zelda game. Other that Ocarina of Time, of course. :D

Posted

This poll is much older than the game. I'll add it. (Welcome to the forums. I like your name. . .)

Posted

The only Zelda games I've every beaten was Oot and MM. So I say Majora's mask. It has Young Link in it.

Posted

i voted MM for i found majora as my fav of the five main antagonists (ganon, majora, vaati, Zant and bellum).

Also majora's mask has garos in it :joy: , which is how my username came to be.

i think twighlight princess is doing so well, for it was advertised on tv, unlike many other zelda games.

ocarina of time did much better than any other zelda game probably, for it was the first zelda game in 3D

Posted

PH is advertised on TV, I saw a commercial for it a while ago. :joy:

And now I am at a loss, as PH was such an excellent game, and I'm not sure whether or not it beats TWW...

Posted

PH is advertised on TV, I saw a commercial for it a while ago. :joy:

And now I am at a loss, as PH was such an excellent game, and I'm not sure whether or not it beats TWW...

Personally i would say A link to the past