Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Legendary Goat Sucker in Texas

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Texan Phylis Canion recently killed an animal that she said decapitated her chickens and drank their blood. Could this be the Legendary El Chupacabra? For those who don't know The Chupacabra is a mythical animal along the same lines of Big Foot and The Loch Ness Monster Chupacabra (from Spanish chupar: to suck, cabra: goat; goats sucker) is a cryptid(Cryptids are creatures presumed extinct, hypothetical species, or creatures known from anecdotal evidence and/or other evidence insufficient to prove their existence with scientific certainty. The term "cryptid" was first coined in 1983 by John Wall.[1] A cryptid may also be known as an Unidentified Mysterious Animal) said to inhabit parts of the Americas. It is associated with the ancient myth of the chimera or griffin, and more recently with alleged sightings of an unknown animal in Puerto Rico (where these sightings were first reported), Mexico, and the United States, especially in the latter's Latin American communities. The name translates literally from the Spanish as "goat sucker." It comes from the creature's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, especially goats. Physical descriptions of the creature vary. Eyewitness sightings have been claimed as early as 1990 in Puerto Rico, and have since been reported as far north as Maine, and as far south as Chile. Mainstream scientists and experts generally hypothesize that the chupacabra is an ordinary, though perhaps unknown, species of canid, a legendary creature, or a type of urban legend. It is supposedly a heavy creature, the size of a small bear, with a row of spines reaching from the neck to the base of the tail.

This animal might be the basis for the legend of said animal an unknown species of wild dog who has evolved a physical need to drink blood like the Mosquito or Vampire Bat. The myth has some features in common with the "Actual" animal long teeth, claws, greenish grey skin.

Below are two pictures one is an artist rendering and one is from the Texas sighting.

Chupacabras.JPG0901chupa.jpg

Posted

hmmm the date on the photograph is mid july, this year.

It'd be good to get a better picture of it.

I dont really believe in the chupacabra, but i find it interesting =)

well assuming that it has been killed, do you think there are any more left?

edit:

Also I am really skeptical about the photograph. Why have a picture of some one holding a photograph? why not just have the picture of the chupacabra as the entire photo?

Posted

Chupacabra, hm? I watch things about the creature fom time to time on the tv....

Too bad I'm still not convinced something like this exists, but hey, you never know.... :huh:

Posted

edit:

Also I am really skeptical about the photograph. Why have a picture of some one holding a photograph? why not just have the picture of the chupacabra as the entire photo?

The picture is real, though it's just a miss shaped coyote.

Posted

The picture is real, though it's just a miss shaped coyote.

DNA testing has ruled out coyote. One animal expert said that it is "probably from a litter of mutated dogs that have found a taste for blood". Some how the idea of "Mutant packs of dogs that drink blood" not a comforting thought. I mean new animal species are bring discovered all the time. This canine that has evolved a need to drink the blood of prey animals has probably never been clearly seen and sparked a Legend in the early 90's in the third world, I mean no disrespect but people who see the Virgin Mary on practically everything tend to exaggerate. Who's to say that a certain breed of Xolo dog hasn't sparked a legend of a blood sucking monster. As William Shakespeare put it "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, than are dreamt of in you philosophy"!

0901chupa1.jpg

Posted

I'm offended :o!!! The chupacabra isn't just in texas! It also includes surrounding regoins. . . like new mexico, for insance.

Posted

What kind of animal dies with its tongue sticking out? :huh: Bizarre.

Posted

And the goat wants to hug the chupacabra, but the chupacabra wants to eat that goat...

Posted

I'm offended :o!!! The chupacabra isn't just in texas! It also includes surrounding regoins. . . like new mexico, for insance.

I wasn't insisting that Chupacabra is ONLY in Texas! They have been spotted as far south a Chile and as far north as Maine.

Posted

oh my god! what is that outside my window! A chupacabra! Ok... one spotting in Norway too. Be sure to add that too!