Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess 2-disk game

85 posts in this topic

Posted

they say its going to be so big they cant fit it on one disk!

Posted

tales of symphonia is also a game with 2 disc's and it coulnd possebly be that big that it doesn't fit on a

:mellow:

Posted

I won't care if it's on two discs. I remember that Shigeru said himself that this is going to be the longest Zelda game, especially as far as palaces are concerned (I myself hope that it has even more dungeons than ALttP^^).

The only hassle would be the CD-switching problem. Because every Zelda is designed a way one can do everything one has forgotten in an area in a later visit, a CD-change at a period of time would be useless.

If it really should've two discs, I hope they make all the palaces on an extra one, or they pack a branch of Hyrule that can only be visited later in the game entirely on a added disc.

I think I won't mind, because it only suggests that the game might become really big, and with that I can't see a problem^^

Posted

Maybe the Wii discs will have much memory than the Gamecube discs....and will fit an extra large Hyrule....I'm guessing like 3-4 times bigger than OOT Hyrule.

Posted

the gamecube version will probabbly end up being 2 disks, it is a very very big game and there's a lot of other things to be taken into account too (AI programming etc..)

However, the wii disks are duel layered and can hold about 4 times the space of the gamecube disk, maybe more, so it should be a 1 disk game...

Posted

I personally think it won't be on 2 disks, I doesn't seem right for a Zelda game.

Posted

My favorite game is four disks,and it seemed shorter the way people describe it :embarrassed: ...kind of obvious what my favorite game is,too! :D !...going off topic..anyway,two disks sounds fun..

Posted

:D Hey, if its that freakin' big i guess it'll have to be on 2 disks....but then it must be massive! COOL!!!!!!!! :D

Posted

if it is really that big then i guess i wouldnt mind

Posted

what im trying to think about is how they could make it so that different areas require different disks, so that you wouldn;t have to change all the time.

Hey, how about this, one disk is in the twilight realm and the other would be the rest of hyrule :D

Posted

if it is really that big then i guess i wouldnt mind

don't think it's possible... you still would have to change all the time... but two disk could be possible

but some of the data would be on both disks... but the cube disks size is gigantic, don't forget about that...

and it has increased to... so i don't think two disks are neccisary

we'll see...

Posted

i hope it will be 10 disks so it must be huge :D

Posted

personally i reckon the longer the game is the better, but so long as it doesn;t get boring and repetitive and you don't go round in endless circles.

Posted

I could see it ending up two discs (maybe more) for the gamecube since the discs are a much more limited capacity (1.5GB) but I'm sure the Wii version will be able to fit on one disc (4.5GB for single layer, 9GB for dual layer).

Posted

Two disks?! *drool* It's a dream come true in my book...but it would most likely be on one disk for the Wii, since it's a much more advanced system. I mean, come on, I saw a video of somebody SWINGING THEIR CONTROLLER to swing the sword in TP. :D Off topic....but still....YAY!!! :embarrassed: