Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My heart weeps... What should I do?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm 18. Well, I've been dating my girlfriend for 8 months now. Before that, we had been best friends for 4 year. In short? I love her, VERY VERY much.

Well, last Thursday, I got a phone call from her mother. She didn't want us dating anymore. I knew that it was gonna happen sooner or later, since her mother is OVERprotective. She doesn't wanna let her go. My girlfriend is 17.

Without her mother knowing, we chat online now and then, and we both have agreed that we don't want this to be over. We have come up with some plans, but most of them are last resorts kind of plans.

Any advice?

Posted

Don't listen to her mom. If you guys want to be together, you really shouldn't listen to people telling you otherwise.

Posted

I think you should talk to her mom, ask her why, if you hide it behind your backs for long, she'll find out. It'll be worse then.

Posted

I think you should talk to her mom, ask her why, if you hide it behind your backs for long, she'll find out. It'll be worse then.

Yeah,you should talk these things out with her.Don't yell or anything or say that she can't keep you from dating her daughter,just be calm and mature about it.Act like a man in her presence,because that's probably what her mother wants her daughter to be with.A nice,responsible,mature man.

Posted

I agree with Cat Girl, question her mom about it.

I also agree with HylianForrunner. Prove to be a responsible, mature guy. In other words, if her mom doesnt like you, redeem yourself.

Posted

Yeah. talk to the mother, try and get on her good side, but if that fails, still dont break up with your girlfriend because of her.

infact, you may want to talk to your gf about her mother too - she knows her alot better than you do and may know what you need to say or do to make her mother like you.

Posted

If it's one thing that irks me it is a parent who isolates their children from the realities of life. Look, I don't know what kind of mother she is to tell her daughter she doesn't have personal choice, but :angry: ....Ok, as I'm calming down, my advice to you is to try to talk to the mom and reason with her. Don't get into an argument, that'll make things worse! However, I think your girlfriend is the one who really needs to stand up to her mom and let her know that she's growing up and there's nothing that can be done about that. It is her decision who she dates, not her mom's. It's like telling your gf that she can't see a certain friend just because you don't like him/her. That's not for some one else to decide, that's hers. (I'm sure you've never said that though)

hope that helps some :) If ya'll truly love each other, you shouldn't have to be separated by any force.