Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is The Wii worth it??????

24 posts in this topic

Posted

the wii is cheaper and better than ps3 and xbox360, and the wii can play LoZ games!!

besides that, the wii has some really good other games.

Posted

And have you read articles about Galaxy where the reviewer says the graphics are practically on par with 360/PS3? :D

Really? AWESOME!

Posted

On par? Wow, thats amazing! Cant wait to get my hands on it. :P

Posted

Is the Wii worth it!? Well of course it's worth it!! :biggrin: Some reviewers say the graphics arent as good as Xbox 360 and PS3, but heck, thats happened with other systems against Nintendo, and Nintendo still made Great games! Take Super Mario 64 and LoZ Ocarina of Time for instance! Not perfect graphics, but classic games!

And with Wii (if you are willing to pay) you get the internet~ And virtual console stuff! And the whole experiance of swinging that Wii Remote and Nunchuck around wildly is by itself entertaining lol! :embarrassed:

So in short, yes, definately, without a doubt, Wii is worth it. And Xbox 360 and PS3 cost more then the Wii anyways, with the 360 ranging around $500 - $600, and the PS3 from $800 - $1,000!

EDIT: On par!? Wow, that definately sounds interesting, I'm definately buying that game. :D

Posted

The reason I think why Galaxy's graphics are so detailed is because of the game's low polygon count. All that's in the background is basically a black sky full of stars. Since that doesn't take very much detail, everything else goes into texturing of the planet's environment and the character designs.

Posted

Thnks Im gonna raise money from babysitting to get it :biggrin:

Posted

The reason I think why Galaxy's graphics are so detailed is because of the game's low polygon count. All that's in the background is basically a black sky full of stars. Since that doesn't take very much detail, everything else goes into texturing of the planet's environment and the character designs.

Yeah... good idea.

Posted

that's a good point, it's a pretty good idea too.

and yes, the wii is definately worth it, as long as you make sure you only buy games you'll enjoy for ages, because that way you save money not buying a stupid amount of games you barely play. Plus the graphics might not be as good as the 360 or the ps3, but you've got the wiimote to more than make up for that and the fact that the 360 and ps3 cost a lot more anyway, especially as you were complaining about the cost to begin with.

Maybe if you save up for after christmas and then buy a wii with super smash bros. brawl, you're unlikely to get bored.

Posted

that's a good point, it's a pretty good idea too.

and yes, the wii is definately worth it, as long as you make sure you only buy games you'll enjoy for ages, because that way you save money not buying a stupid amount of games you barely play. Plus the graphics might not be as good as the 360 or the ps3, but you've got the wiimote to more than make up for that and the fact that the 360 and ps3 cost a lot more anyway, especially as you were complaining about the cost to begin with.

Maybe if you save up for after christmas and then buy a wii with super smash bros. brawl, you're unlikely to get bored.

Tankoo (thank you) very much I think I will definitley get one unless a better Nintendo system comes out......... :joy: