Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

360 outsells wii and ps3

13 posts in this topic

Posted

The numbers are in for September, and according to videogame-tracking concern VGChartz, the 360 has outsold the PlayStation 3 and the Wii.

Microsoft sold 520,698 consoles during the month, compared with 496,591 Wiis sold and 168,393 PS3 units. If you guessed "this is because of Halo", you're right--the third game in the shooter series put the 360 over the edge in sales, selling 3,196,516 copies since its release.

The biggest selling console of the month, though, was the Nintendo DS. The system sold 620, 910 times.

Posted

The numbers are in for September, and according to videogame-tracking concern VGChartz, the 360 has outsold the PlayStation 3 and the Wii.

Microsoft sold 520,698 consoles during the month, compared with 496,591 Wiis sold and 168,393 PS3 units. If you guessed "this is because of Halo", you're right--the third game in the shooter series put the 360 over the edge in sales, selling 3,196,516 copies since its release.

The biggest selling console of the month, though, was the Nintendo DS. The system sold 620, 910 times.

Yeah,it pretty much figures,I thougt that Halo would get the sales back up.

Then theres Orange box...Which I have yet to play.

Posted

Well Xbox360 sold more for Halo3 (witch people say suck I think they might be wrong but back to the real topic) and DS sold for PH (witch I heard rocks but whatever) and I have no idea what PS3 sold out for proboly for good graphics.

Posted

On a related note, Wii is still in first place in overall home console sales as of 101307:

Wii--12,420,000

360--11,830,000

PS3--5,070,000

The title was kind of misleading; it should have said, "360 outsells Wii and PS3 in September".

Posted

The title was kind of misleading; it should have said, "360 outsells Wii and PS3 in September".

my thoughts exactly. when i saw the title i was like "no way!"

just goes to show how awesome nintendo is tho. the wii has been out for half as long as the 360 and has sold more consoles. nintendo rocks my striped toe socks!

Posted

i saw this and was about to cry :cry: BUT YAY!!!! GO :wii: !!!! yea!!!

Posted

Well,I guess you can't beat Nintendo.Good to have them back in the lead after so long.

Posted

i had a feeling this would happen since halo 3 is out

Posted

yer, but super mario galaxy is out next month so that ought to offset it.

Posted

I edited the title to make it a bit more clear.

Hrrm, games that are newly released - particulary if they are big games like Zelda or Halo will make console sales jump.. but those jumps are only temporary.. im sure that PH caused the DS to jump in sales too, and as GL said more good Wii games will be out shortly.

Posted

Why does everybody care so much about how many consles have sold. It's not like you are employed by them...

Posted

yes, but when a console sells more, that means that any game brought out on it goes to a wider audience, so the console that sells the most is most likely to get more good games, so it helps if the consoles that you've bought go on to sell lots.