Super Smash Bros Brawl

2467 posts in this topic

Posted

Strap a c4, lol.

All I know is,whatever snake's special move is, he looks MADDDDD powerful. he might be a great character to use (and a pain to deal with on level 9 modes)

Posted

my quote button is working, so its just copy and paste <_<

QUOTE(RevolutionDude @ May 26 2006, 10:10 AM)

Anybody wonder how, Super Smash Bros is famous for having Nintendo's all stars, but now, they add Solid Snake, who isnt a Nintendo character. Thats wierd....but it could also mean they might add other non-Nintendo characters, like Sonic, or Pacman, or even Rayman.

Firstly, the deal with snake was Hideo Kojima (maker of MGS) contacted the guy who was devloping (actually while they were in the middle of melee) and asked if snake could be in, they were already too far in devlopment so they had to say sorry no, but they'd put him in the next game if he wanted

, so they did and that's where we are now

Now for the list....

"Ive also thought of that. i have so many characters that i want on this game!!

ill try to list them all here:

diddy kong<--ah, already we have a problem, diddy kong is owned by rare (who are now owned by microsoft) which is why there wasn;t a trophy of him on melee....

tiny kong---(all the kongs from here on would just be too much plus i think they're owned by rare too)

dixie kong

chunky kong

lanky kong

cranky kong (possibly)

king k rool

banjo n kazooie (rare again)

mumbo jumbo (same)

king dedede (nothing really wrong here)

toad (or here)

waluigi (i think you're on a roll tbh, lol)

birdo (maybe, be a bit odd though...)

baby bowser (yes but how much would he be able to do)

baby mario n luigi (can act kind of like the ice climbers maybe... just a thought) <---this is actually a pretty good idea

captain olimar (pikman) (and what would he do?)

mega man x (never like megaman, maybe its just me. owned by capcom as far as im aware though)

zero<---ti don't actually know who this guy is...

bomberman (owned by Hudson (i think) so should be ok actually)

sonic (owned by sega, suggested countless times, a maybe)

knuckles

tails

earth worm jim (no, just no)

rayman

hector (fire emblem) (nah, think we have enough fire emblem characters to be honest, i admit i havn't played any, but they seem very similar)

ephraim " (sacred stones)

erika " (sacred stones)

ike " (path of radiance)

weavel (metroid prime hunters)

trace "

sylux "

noxus "

spire "

kanden " (maybe just one or two of these six would be cool) <--i agree

deku link<---maybe have mask link as a seperate character which can do all 3

zora link

goron link

feirce diety link (too powerful)

aghanim

skull kid with majoras mask <--(nyah too much of 1-game npc for me)

blaziken (pokemon) (no more pokemon, the ones there are fine, that's enough)

deoxys "

krystal with her staff (starfox) <--another good idea

black bull (f-zero) (even tho he looks freakin retarded haha) (nah, he'd just be a clone of cpt. flacon chances are)

ryu hayabusa (ninja gaiden started with the snes so its possible although it would be weird... cool though)

(hmm dunno who he's owned by, but a ninja character would probabbly work)

all those mario characters would be cool but i dont want it to become mario party 254...

if i forgot anybody tell me although i dont think there are many others haha"

hopefully u can see the editing done.

The main problem is melee should rely on WELL-KNOWN characters at least, even if they don't end up all being from nintendo

Posted

personally i don't think it would be cool to spend 10 minutes before a battle trying to deicde or find the character you want to use, but each to their own...

Posted

it sound cool and is cool from all the trailers i have seen :DB)

Posted

a few other things i would like to see would be:

mid air grabbing

reverse grabbing(counter grabs)

a n b buttons do different attacks when climbing from the edge

instead of only different colors for the characters give each character different textures. like samus... she can have her varia suit, power suit, dark, light, or fusion suits and she would look different with every suit. know what im sayin?

give ganon his sword that you see in his celebration.

give dk his coconut cannon and bring in diddy with his peanut poppers!!!!

cmon people give me some more stuff!!

Posted

im still pretty sure that diddy kong isn;t going to be in it. He was brought into donkey kong while rare was working on him so he's technically the property of rare, so it

o, and a and b already do different things when you get up from the edge, it just doesn;t always seem to work.

reverse grabbing is an ok idea...but when you grab someone you try to do it in such a way that they wouldn't be able to counter, although mid-air grabbing is a very good idea.

That sword thing annoyed me too, why didn;t he have it? Donkey kong's cannon could end up being a special as well...

I've always wanted really destructable scenery too, i think it would work well on SSB

Posted

what about zeld she was in the last 1 and in some backrownds they show her carying a chines sword so she will probobly use sword and/or magick oh and maby the could add oin link that would be cool or if young like could use masks from maragose mask if young link is in it

post-595-1150549346.gif

post-595-1150549364_thumb.jpg

Posted

I think it would be cool if Prince from Prince of persia would be added (inpossible i know but still...) or the Dahaka (prince II). And i hope that Area Hazard is possible (destroy the world around you or use it as a weapon). Ow and about that list... if you put evry single charackter in the game... it would really suck...

beleave me... i'm making a game like that my self... to much work, to lame to play

and i think that some more Metal Gear dudes should be added... or dudes from Resident Evil (is owned by Nintendo from now on)... and i saw a freaking nintendog in the trailer.... do you think you could play the labrador or so... NAHHH :P:P

welll... don't put sonic in there please! he is a DICK and would stay 1 for ever...

Posted

according to an insider's blog (which is actually the most beleivable one i've seen and some of the stuff that he said before it was announced officially was true forgotten his name though) sonic WILL be in brawl.

Nintnedo don;t own capcom or the rights to resident evil, resident evil is still planned on the ps3 and xbox360 <_<

I don;t think there would be anybody else from metal gear solid known well enough who would be able to fight well to be honest...

Posted

nintendo has got the rights of resident evil4 and residint evil deadly silence?... and i tought some other games aswell... and sonic... is still sega property, isn't it... i played Sonnic PSP a wile ago... but i'm not shure.

we'll se

Posted

in case you hadn't noticed resident evil 4 came out on the ps2 as well, they don't own the rights, neither do they to sonic. In fact nintnedo havn't gained any rights to franchises that they didn;t mak themselves in the first place as far as im aware.

Posted

nintendo solled residint evil 4 to sony, some nintendo fans where angry about that, becuse it was the first nintendo only resident evil.

Posted

jeez no they didn;t capcom are not owned by nintnedo and never were, capcom have got a good relationship with nintendo as they've been in the market for so long, but capcom decided to put reisdent evil 4 on the playstation 2 as well to get more game sales.

Otherwise, if nintnedo had owned the rights, they would have waited for the the hype to resident evil 4 to go down, because then they would have got a lot more sales, instead once people heard it was coming out on the ps2 (with extra features) they decided not to get it on the gamecube and wait instead.

Anyway, back on topic, I think they've got a pretty good range of characters as it is, I reckon they should only add a couple more then concentrate on detailed stages and fluid gameplay.

Posted

i thknk that if they buy the right to anyone it should be rare... think of all the characters u can get from them..

all the kongs, banjo, kazooie, mumbo jumbo, and krystal with her staff (if shes not already owned by nintendo). thats a good amount of people and all can have a good set of moves.

o and for the list, i cant believe i forgot to add them:

Lloyd Irving

Collette Brunel

Kratos Aurion

Genis Sage

Raine Sage

Regal Bryant

Presea Combatir

Sheena Fujibayashi

Zelos Wilder

Mithos Yggdrassil

they are all from tales of symphonia and are owned by capcom i think and would make awesome fighters but getting them on the game is the hard part. only a few of them should be on there tho.

Posted

krystal is owned by nintnedo (little odd but stil) confirmation of that was she was in star fox assault (yes...that's even more wierd but nevermind)

as i said, i really think there's enough, of course banjo and kazooie wouldn;t be too bad but diddy kong would just be a clone of donkey kong as would the rest.

They should only add one or two non-nintnedo characters anyway, because otherwise it ruins, banjo kazooie wouldn;t count though because he's only been on nintnedo consoles (so far)