Super Smash Bros Brawl

2467 posts in this topic

Posted

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO why crul world you are evil more evil than the evil army!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Posted

Actually, New Pork City is one of the lamest stages I've ever seen.

Posted

it looks retarted but im sure it's fun :D

and YLA you should join us.were the best!

Posted

Actually, New Pork City is one of the lamest stages I've ever seen.

Blasphemy

Sorry; but to fully understand why New Pork City is the way it is, you would need to play Mother 3.

I want to tell you, but if you have any plan of playing the game, I wouldn't want to wreck it. Though if there's a concensus that no one plans to, I'l explain it.

Posted

the new home run contest seems 10 times better!!! i cant wait to play it!

Posted

New Pork City eh? Sounds interesting. ^^

Posted

New Pork City eh? Sounds interesting. ^^

Yeah.New Pork City.I wonder where that came from...

Posted

I actually think that New Prok City looks awesome. It looks hard though.All you've got are tiny little scattered platforms. For a character like Bowser. This'll be hell.

Posted

ya i think that ill find myself fighting there a lot. lots of opportunities for good/crazy matches

Posted

he he co-op home run contest AND online

talk about randomy online goodness

Posted

I won't be playing it any time soon, Crusnik, so I wouldn't mind if you told me.

Posted

Yes, I'd love to hear the history of the stage. And I don't think any of us are hardcore Mother fans. Do tell!

Posted

Now, this may sound retarded at times, but it's actually a very deep storyline: (Thank God for wikipedia)

Unlike the first two games, the focus is no longer on a group of children. Some chapters (The game being divided into 8) put completely different characters in the protagonistic role: In one chapter the player controls a 30-ish, limping thief named Duster, in another chapter the main character is Salsa, a monkey who is constantly suffering abuse by a rich traveling merchant named Yokuba. The only child character the player gets to control is Lucas, who is about nine to ten years old in the first three chapters and 12 to 13 years for the remainder of the game. Further controllable characters include Kumatora, a tomboyish Princess from a strange country, a middle-aged cowboy named Flint (Lucas' father), and Lucas' family dog, Boney.

The game opens with Flint.

The Pig-mask army have been setting off bombs in the forest; which has caused the whole place to be set alight. Amidst the flames, as small boy has been trapped in his house and only Flint can save him. He does so, but after meeting up with the others of the village he finds out that one of the Dinosaur type creatures called a Drago, in a fit of fear, murdered his wife; leaving him to raise their sons, Claus and Lucas. After Claus goes missing to kill the Drago that killed his mother, Flint, with the help of Boney and Duster go looking for him. But the pig-army, who had been conducting experiments, reconstructed the Drago with robotic parts, and Claus ultimately lost the battle and was killed. Flint did not find the body. However, on the way they met up with Magypsies, who had ben meeting about the new problem of the pig-men; as they themselves were guardians of a force the army may be interested.

From here, Duster is drafted to go to the haunted Osohe Castle by his father Wes to find the Egg of Light, which was supposed to have special powers only to be awoken when the time was right. Duster purchases the Rope Snake to help him cross gaps in the castle. Along the way, Duster and Wes meet Kumatora. After they stop the Pig Army, the trio is flushed out of the castle and Duster loses his memory. He joins the musical group DCMC as their bassist.

In Duster's absence, the Pig Mask Army moves into Tazmily Village and, with the help of Yokuba and his abused monkey Salsa, they help modernize the town with new infrastructure and "happiness boxes," which are television-like machines. They use the happiness boxes to distract the locals while they experiment on the plants and animals surrounding the town. Salsa is ultimately rescued by Kumatora, Wes, and Lucas.

Wes eventually gets wind of Duster's whereabouts and asks Lucas to confirm the rumors that he has joined DCMC and to respond via homing pigeon. With the help of Kumatora (disguised as a waitress) Lucas and Boney find Duster and the four set off together to Thunder Tower, which had been destroying parts of the land.

After shutting down the tower, Yokuba appears to try to stop them, but falls from the roof. Shortly after, an aircraft comes with the Masked Man inside. Duster grabs the craft with the Rope Snake and the party clings for dear life as the ship flies away. The Rope Snake cannot hold forever though, and the party falls from the aircraft.

Lucas awakes in a field full of sunflowers. After finding Boney, he sees figments of his mother, Hinawa. Wes and Alec (Lucas' grandfather) bring him home and help him get well. After rescuing the Magypsy Ionia, Lucas and Boney find out about the Seven Needles. Items which would give vast PSI power to the ones who pulled them and if all were pulled something would happen (but only a few people could actually pull them). The party races against the Pig Mask Army to activate the needles. Lucas and Boney soon find themselves in a laboratory belonging to Dr. Andonuts. After some searching, they discover Salsa and his girlfriend trying to escape the lab. Salsa, remembering how Lucas helped save him from Yokuba earlier, deactivates the monstrous Ultimate Chimera which had escaped (BRAWL NOTE: It's not verified, but the button on the back of the chimera may deactivate it), and helps him escape. With the help of Dr. Andonuts, Lucas drains the lake with one of the Needles in it and finds Kumatora.

After returning to Tazmily Village, the party enters a volcano, where another Needle is guarded by a rebuilt Yokuba, now sporting trumpets as weaponry. After defeating him, Lucas and company move on to an occupied Saturn Valley where the Mr. Saturns, Duster, and Rope Snake are being held prisoner by the Pig Army. With the help of the Mr. Saturns, the reunited party uses a flock of birds to eventually return to Tazmily Village and enter the ocean.

After emerging, Lucas, Boney, Duster, and Kumatora are low on energy and decide to eat some strange-looking mushrooms. Boney opts out, leaving the human party members to experience a drug-induced hallucination in the jungle. Meeting some of their worst nightmares and deepest regrets.

Eventually the party makes its way to the next Magypsy, Mixolydia (Missy for short), and Needle and are ferried back to Tazmily Village on the back of an Octopus. Using the Delicious Pickle Missy left them, Lucas and friends get to Ionia's house where they acquire the Water of time so they can get into the temple nearby. On the way, they meet up with Ninja Saturn; whio fixes the courage badge and fashions it into the Franklin Badge (which can reflect lightning). At the temple, they meet the Masked Man. He is defeated and flies away, leaving Lucas to pull the next Needle as Ionia disappears. As they exit the temple, a limosine pulls up, inviting them to "New Pork City."

In New Pork city, Lucas and friends go to the movie theater, which shows some of the Pig King's past and adversaries (including Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo from EarthBound). A stink bug gets the attention of Boney and the party chases him into the sewers. Once there, they follow Boney's barks to find Leder, the bell ringer from Tazmily Village. He tells them the long history of their world and the Pig King, including the facts that their island is the last place left in a post-apocalyptic world and that it exists on the back of a giant sleeping dragon, which is kept asleep by the Needles. The Magypsies were put in place to guard the needles until the time to awake the dragon and bring an end to the earth arriaves. On the way out of the sewers, Yokuba attacks again (sporting like 50 trumpets), and is defeated.

In the tallest tower in New Pork City, the party makes its way up the floors until they discover a robot that resembles Pokey Minch. They compete with the robot in a few mini-games before moving on to Pokey, the Pig King himself.

Pokey had gained his power while siding with Giygas in Mother 2/Earthbound. He has the ability to transport himself through time and space, however he cannot age and although he may be 1000 or 10 000 years old, he still has the mind of a child. He treats the world and all its people as if they were his playthings and he is nothing but megalomaniac who derives pleasure from killing.

On top of the tower, they find the Hall of Memories, showcasing many items from Earthbound, before ending up in a long hallway leading to Pokey. In Pokey's room they are attacked by more complete Pokey robots, which are soon destroyed by Duster's ex-bandmates of DCMC]. After the townspeople of Tazmily Village enter the room with Dr. Andonuts and Flint, Pokey descends from the vines on the roof to speak to the party. He reveals that the last Needle has been found and challenges Lucas and friend to beat him to it via the express elevator. Lucas, Boney, Kumatora, Duster, and Flint slide down the elevator shaft to a mine-like environment.

Flint goes ahead and after meeting up with Lucas, he reveals that the Masked Man is actually his brother Claus, who was killed by the Pig Army, then brought back to life as their general.

Pokey soon confronts them in a large spider-mech. When he sees he is to be defeated, he calls upon the "Absolutely safe machine" and climbs inside. It seals itself and the party is not able to harm him, but he cannot hurt them back. When the battle ends, Dr. Andonuts, who reveals that he built the absolutely safe machine with the specifications that once someone is inside, it cannot be opened from either direction, and while Pokey is "absolutely safe," he is trapped in the machine forever. Dr. Andonuts then asks if Lucas would like to roll it. :)

Before reaching the final Needle, the Masked Man attacks again in a one-on-one battle with Lucas, who stays safe from his lightning attack, thanks to the Franklin Badge. Hinawa pleads with Claus from beyond the grave, trying to get him to stop attacking Lucas, while Flint blocks the effects of the PK Love attack (the signature move of Lucas and Claus). Eventually, Claus removes his helmet and fires a large lightning bolt at Lucas; it is reflected back by the franklin badge and does mortal damage to Claus. Lucas pulls the final needles, and the player is shown a grim outlook of what is the end of Nowhere Island. A secret on the final screen of the game, in which the word 'End?' appears, will actually reveal that everybody survives the attack and they thank the player for all his help. However the screen is black at the time.

Well I edited that to do the game justice. Hope you liked it.

Posted

I heared Young Link won't be in it, its the likkle things that, that makes me want to kill someone. (turns on Xbox plays

Ghost Recon kills everyone in sight even teammates) dang I failed for killing my own men.

Posted

I heared Young Link won't be in it, its the likkle things that, that makes me want to kill someone. (turns on Xbox plays

Ghost Recon kills everyone in sight even teammates) dang I failed for killing my own men.

Carry on,YLA.