Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hylian National Flag

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello.

Posted

それは驚くばかりである! 私はそれを愛する! (I think I did it wrong...but...I hope you know what I said)

Posted

それは驚くばかりである! 私はそれを愛する!

WTF :huh:

I like the flag it's cool.

Posted

I think I know what you said Cat Girl. ^_^

And awesome flag!

Posted

Really? You know Japanese?

Posted

Tell me what she said. :cry:

Posted

Really? You know Japanese?

Nope, used the good ol' translator XD :joy: But I know a little bit of japanese, and hope to learn how to write it soon.

Posted

それは驚くばかりである! 私はそれを愛する! (I think I did it wrong...but...I hope you know what I said)

You're forgetting I'm fluent in Japanese. :D

I understood it, but then sentence structuring was a little off, and some of the words were in their wrong form... Google Translate, maybe? Instead of "odoroku," it would be more proper to use in that context is "odorokubeki," or just the more common "sugoi". Instead of "sore wo aisuru," "sore ga sukidesu" is more correct. 日本語がどこで学ぶしましたか?

But anyway, thanks everyone! Go ahead and try to translate the hymn, if you want. You can try on your own and I'll be here if you want to know if you're right or not, or you can just cheat and look through the story for the answer. :D

Posted

Lol, I can't type in Japanese. I have NO idea what translater I used... :embarrassed:

Posted

Lol, I can't type in Japanese. I have NO idea what translater I used... :embarrassed:

WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST KNOW.

Posted

WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST KNOW.

She said (rather roughly), "That's amazing! I love it!" And I replied, "Where did you learn Japanese?" But then she answered that already.

Posted

She said (rather roughly), "That's amazing! I love it!" And I replied, "Where did you learn Japanese?" But then she answered that already.

Thank you.

Posted

cg i doubt it but i would love to have you as a japinese teacher if not gomen for bothering you

Posted

What does the poem translate to?

Posted

What does the poem translate to?

The hymn's English translation is a spoiler for anyone who has yet to read AWoL and plans on doing so.

The hymn in its current form (on the flag) is actually meaningless. You can give it to anyone who is fluent in Japanese, ask them to translate it, and they won't have a single clue what they're looking at. The Hymn of the Goddesses is comprised of Japanese syllables (in AWoL, they're Hylian; the Hylian language in my AU is real-world Japanese) mixed together in a specific pattern. When scrambled and put together properly, it translates into a message that plays a pivotal part in AWoL's plot, as well as all of the Zelda games.

The syllables are as follows:

I ha ze ri sa no i

Ru n ka re ra da ku

E yo ru hi ta me

Ma e

If that's no help, then try looking at it like this. Read up to down, left to right:

The screenshot above shows the hymn in its unscrambled form. It's English translation, however, is:

Pray, Hyrule, that Link and Princess Zelda bring us prosperity

To get the most out of the English translation, you're going to have to read AWoL for full context and the complete story behind the hymn and Hyrule's history.