Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ZeldaFan.net Suggestions

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I need all of them! Any ideas or features you want it to have! Think of stuff other sites have like deviantart and such.

Posted

Suggestion #1: <Fortissimo> DUSTIN. PUT IN EMOTICONS, AVATARS, AND CATAGORIES FOR PICTURES.

Suggestion #2: <Fortissimo> LET PEOPLE BE ABLE TO FAVOURITE PICTURES, DUSTIN.

Suggestion #3: <Fortissimo> AND WATCH+ ARTISTS.

Posted

All of the stuff Hyrule.net has, a wonderful music library...

Fan-made:

• games
  • art
  • fiction
  • emotes

and complete integration with your hyrule.net account.

:D :D :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted

intergration with your current hyrule.net account is a given...

there is also no need to suggest fan stuff... as that is a 100% given as it's what was mentioned and it's in the name... zelda/fan/.net that's why it's zeldafan.net

maybe like a "Ask tingle or link or navi" or something pretty much fan mail (postbag, mailman etc.)

Posted

I'm just saying, but what's the problem with just creating this new stuff on hyrule.net? It seems pointless to move half the stuff to a different site almost wheras we have the installed fan base here which will probabbly stay here and any new visitors would end up here as well.

Posted

main point was dustin wanted another gaming or zelda community don't really know why. he asked everyone for names and we gave them then he chose then we are going to dedicate that site solely to fan works.

Posted

I geuss it helps to seperate them out a bit, but I think there should be as much interaction between the two sites as physically possible.

As some pointed out on the other thread, some of the submission parts here are a bit confusing, so those could be updated or the new site could be used almost like a database.

Actually, Dustin pointed out to me before that he was finding it difficult to do anything with profile pages for people on this site, so that might be why...

Posted

I think that just the way it is set up is confusing... even though they are now able to post in the fan fiction forum... but I don't think there is much user integration on this site... right now I see zeldafan.net more of a hyrule.net "My Stuff" page What is "My Stuff" all about? YOU! This site is here for you, so we've created this section to centralize all of the things that have to do with you. This lets you see all of your 'stuff' in one place for easy access to your settings, inventory, rupees, and other features.

You can view most of the basic things but there is really no possible way of users being able to post their own Fan Fiction at ease. even though it's not hard to begin with... they just get lost and don't post it in the right forum... Zelda Fan should be more intergrated more with the user and not totally aim just to the Fan Fiction and stuff. so more user options and controls. In my opinion my.hyrule.net should change to zeldafan.net if possible only because it would make more sense as it is all about fans. Not sure... if you ask me I don't know what I just said...

Zeldafan.net I think in my opinion be better than most sites only because members can't just edit the site to put their fan fic, art, videos, games etc. up they have to send it in and get it approved and which may discourage some... members would be able to do things more freely.

Posted

A big problem with setting this stuff up on this site is trying to get it to integrate smoothly. This site just really isn't set up to handle user submitted media (fan fic, art, etc) very well and I can't easily change that since this site uses the forum to basically run the main parts. And if I separate it out separate on this domain then I think it will just get confusing and get overlooked. I think that it having its own domain will help build a community focused on fan stuff.

The sites will be extremely connected. They will use the same user base and likely the same forum with ZeldaFan having a subforum in this one.

ZeldaFan will also give users a subdomain for their content, ie. gingerlink.zeldafan.net for all of gingerlink's fan fiction, art, etc. It will have easy ways to submit content and easy ways to search. It won't use the forum for submitting fan fiction and art as we know that doesn't work terribly well and gets disorganized easily.

I kind of see the site as being kind of like a deviantart for Zelda, with the community of Hyrule.net.

The sites will be heavily co-branded with each site mentioning the other a lot. I think that between this, them using the same user accounts, and the same forum, the communities will be very linked together, BUT slightly separate so that people can focus on the type of site they are interested in the most.

I think adding ZeldaFan will help bring more users here too. I think though if we added these features here they wouldn't get used as much as they would be more hidden. ZeldaFan.net will be devoted to these new features.

Posted

I don't write fan fiction :P

Well, unless you count my script, but that's my the movie/game...

I think each should have very large links for the other at the top of the page (for instance next to the banner) and then you'd also be able to have links in the person's profile on hyrule.net, that kind of thing would work well.

Also, if you had plenty of various section (videos, games, flash (possibly have this seperate from other videos and games, or be a subsection including both), art, fan fiction) and then the highest rated of each one being displayed on the front page of the site, the deviantart type idea ought to work very well.

I think the ask Tingle or Navi or whatever is actually a good idea for hyrule.net, maybe we should start that up.

Posted

hmm... maybe instead of the page you got in mind... maybe just an automatic my.hyrule.net... so they can customize their own profile? if that's even possible... well actually that would be too much of a mess because of just how it has to add everything and if you were to edit it through my.hyrule.net's editor then I think it would just get all messed up unless it was made sort of like a myspace page... and the sections couldn't be edited as in text and stuff...

I'm so up for Ask Tingle.

Posted

Hey dustin, what about adding some options in the chatroom like it was before it changed. :embarrassed:

Posted

Hey dustin, what about adding some options in the chatroom like it was before it changed. :embarrassed:

The chat has most features as it did before it was changed just you can't change most of the stuff... (font, colors, themes etc.)

there is nothing wrong with the chat as it is.