Legend Academy

9 posts in this topic

Posted

---UPDATES---

12/09/07 - Posted Topic, Posted Introduction, Prologue, and Chapter One

---INTRODUCTION---

Hey there! Tat lTael Link here! This story is based on my RP site (located in my sig). Or rather, the site was based on the story. lol

The year is 2007. The date is December 9th. Hyrule has evolved ever so much. Now, cars drive around the fields. People are "checking their e-mail" on something called "the internet".

A few years ago, the queen died, but the king moved on. He had to continue to run the country or else Hyrule would fall. Zelda (nicknamed Ella, for she doesn't like titles) is the current princess.

However, there's more to Hyrule now than just castles and kings. There are now two boarding schools opened in the middle of Hyrule Fields (the king has bough land, so Hyrule's a lot bigger, and so are the fields). Legend Academy and Princess Academy. Legend Academy teaches boys and men to fight using weapons or magic. Princess Academy does the same, but with girls and women. Princess Ells is currently attending PA. Her roommate is a mysterious dancer who enrolled because that's just where she ended up. Her past is unkown to her friends, as well as herself.

But, Ella, though beautiful and stouthearted, is not the hero of our story. Our hero is Len. Len the loser.

Len dresses like Link, though he does not know nor cares. He has a scar under his left eye. He was shunned by everyone in Kakiriko Village, where he grew up. He does not know why. He went through 16 years alone. Suicide was considered, but rejected when he thought, "I'm sure someone's life is worse then mine." After reaching his 16th year, he enrolled in Legend Academy to learn to become a hero, like he's always wanted to.

Our story begins on Len's first day of school at Legend Academy.

Prologue: A Hero Arises!

"Alright, you dogs! We're taking over this town!" a herd of bandits swarmed from the mountains of Death. Weilding axes, they destroyed countless buildings, killing innocents and collecting loot.

"Hey!" said a voice. "What the h3!! do you think you're doing!?"

Turning, the bandit leader saw who the voice belonged to. A boy, about the age of 16, holding a rapier sword stood before him. He wore green clothes and a green "sleeping" cap. His scar stood out most of all, though.

The boy raised his Rapier and lunged forward at the bandit troop leader.

Being a nimble bandit, the leader, named Borjo, hopped out of the way just in time to dodge. He swumg his axe at the boy, but he quickly jerked his head back and the blade of the axe missed him.

"Hmph! This guy's tough! C"mere boys! Let's take down this b@$t@rd." Borjo yelled.

Immediately, at least ten bandits snuck up beside him. One of them was brave enough to swing his axe. The boy jumped up high and threw his sword at the bandit, killing him. He jumped on him and grabbed his sword. Acting quickly, he sprinted into the herd of bandits and sliced them all in two. The bandits dropped dead to the ground, cold and lifeless.

"W-w-who are you?" Borjo studdered.

Sheathing his Rapier, the boy heroicly announced his name. "I am Len! I am the protector of this village. Leave now, or face the same fate as your team."

Suttely peeking at his teammates, Borjo raced off into the fots of Death Mountain.

That was my dream. I dream to be a hero. I used to play hero when I was little. I'd take the wooden sword and go outside. I'd pretend to be a hero and rescue a princess from a dragon or a demon or something. It was fun, but I knew it'd never happen.

My name is Len, and I'm a loser. I the biggest loser in Hyrule. I have no firends. The world hates me. I dream big, but I am small. But this all changed the day I started classes at Legend Academy...

Chapter One: First Day

I peered at the giant building towering before me. I gulped, grabbing my Rapier and walking into the Administration Bulding.

I carefully walked through all of the long hallways, until I found a door that said "Headmaster". I knocked on the door slowly.

The door flew open and standing where the door used to be was a man. He had crazy, curly hair that went off on either side of his head. He wore glasses and had somewhat of a lazy eye. His clothes looked as if they were those a clown would wear, and his face was very pale.

"Why, hello, there!" he said. "You must be the new student, Len."

"Y-y-yes, sir. That's me." I told him.

He smiled. "I am Mr. L. How are you today, young man?"

"I-I-I'm fine, sir."

"Please!" Mr. L said taking a seat at his desk and putting his feet up on the table. He poured his cofee and took a big gulp. He chugged it down with a big "Ahhhh!". Then he wiped the excess cofee off his lips and set the mug down.

"Um...sir?"

"Yes?"

"Is that decaf?"

"No, why?"

"You should start drinking that..."

The room was silent for a moment. I broke the silence with a, "So, um...where's my dorm room?"

"Oh. It's in the dorms to the left of this building. You're room is room number 218. You have a roommate, but he's a bood fella'. You should be fine."

I smiled and bowed. "Thank you, sir."

"No prob!"

I walked out the door and shut it behind me. What a weird headmaster... I thought. He needs to start drinking decaf.

Next stop: my dorm room. I'll drop off my stuff and go to sleep. Mr. L said my roommate would be back at his home until tomorrow, so I had the room to myself. I yawned. I guess needed the rest.

The door was kicked open, by me, because my hands were full with my bags. I stumbled over to the bed that didn't have any stuff on it and dropped all of my bags. My legs collapsed, pulling me closer to the bed. I scrambled on the bed, turned off the light and slept.

The next day, I woke up late. "Oh, no!" I screamed. "I'm late!" Grabbing my stuff for my first class, I jolted out of my room and down the hallways.

"WATCH OUT!" someone screamed from around the corner in front of me. Turning the corner came a boy, about my age, 16, clothed in blue robes and a red shirt. He also had a blue pointy cap. His arms swung back and forth as he ran. He skidded as he turned the corner. The boy jolted down the hall and bumped into someone-ME!

"Ahgh!" I said, dropping all of my books and falling to the ground.

"Oops!" he said, also falling. He quickly shot up and bent down to help me up. "Sorry, mate." he said.

"No prob." I said. Sighing, I leaned over to pick up some of my books. The boy helped me.

"Name's Leo." he said, smiling. "I'm a mage training to be a great sage one day."

"I'm Len." I told him. "I plan to become a hero someday."

"That's cool!" he said, standing up straight and handing me my books.

"Really?" I asked. I was surprised that someone was actually talking to me, let alone actually being interested in what I'm saying.

"Yeah, totally!" he said. "So, uh...Len, right? You're new here, right?"

"Yeah." I told him, embarassed. "How'd you know?"

"I can just tell. Wanna hang out some time?"

My head jolted up and my eyes lit up. "Hang out? Like, as friends?" Leo nodded. I was so happy, I dropped my books and jumped up and down. Leo pulled me down and held me to the ground. He was really strong.

"Don't do that," he said. "It's embarassing." Then Leo noticed my scar. "What happened to your eye?"

"I got this scar in a spar with my father...before he...died."

"Oh..." he said. Then it was quiet for a while. Well, as quiet as it can get in a dorm hall crowded with noisy students. Then Leo broke the silence. "Let's exchange LAPMS numbers and dorm numbers."

"LAPMS?" I said confused.

"Legend Academy Personal Messenger Service." he said. "Didn't you get one?"

"No." I said.

"You should've. C'mon let's go see Mr. L. He'll give you one."

"Thank's but--"

"Oh, come on! Let's go!"

I sighed. "Oh, all right."

Posted

---UPDATES---

12/09/07 - Posted Topic, Posted Introduction, Prologue, and Chapter One

---INTRODUCTION---

Hey there! Tat lTael Link here! This story is based on my RP site (located in my sig). Or rather, the site was based on the story. lol

The year is 2007. The date is December 9th. Hyrule has evolved ever so much. Now, cars drive around the fields. People are "checking their e-mail" on something called "the internet".

A few years ago, the queen died, but the king moved on. He had to continue to run the country or else Hyrule would fall. Zelda (nicknamed Ella, for she doesn't like titles) is the current princess.

However, there's more to Hyrule now than just castles and kings. There are now two boarding schools opened in the middle of Hyrule Fields (the king has bough land, so Hyrule's a lot bigger, and so are the fields). Legend Academy and Princess Academy. Legend Academy teaches boys and men to fight using weapons or magic. Princess Academy does the same, but with girls and women. Princess Ells is currently attending PA. Her roommate is a mysterious dancer who enrolled because that's just where she ended up. Her past is unkown to her friends, as well as herself.

But, Ella, though beautiful and stouthearted, is not the hero of our story. Our hero is Len. Len the loser.

Len dresses like Link, though he does not know nor cares. He has a scar under his left eye. He was shunned by everyone in Kakiriko Village, where he grew up. He does not know why. He went through 16 years alone. Suicide was considered, but rejected when he thought, "I'm sure someone's life is worse then mine." After reaching his 16th year, he enrolled in Legend Academy to learn to become a hero, like he's always wanted to.

Our story begins on Len's first day of school at Legend Academy.

Prologue: A Hero Arises!

"Alright, you dogs! We're taking over this town!" a herd of bandits swarmed from the mountains of Death. Weilding axes, they destroyed countless buildings, killing innocents and collecting loot.

"Hey!" said a voice. "What the h3!! do you think you're doing!?"

Turning, the bandit leader saw who the voice belonged to. A boy, about the age of 16, holding a rapier sword stood before him. He wore green clothes and a green "sleeping" cap. His scar stood out most of all, though.

The boy raised his Rapier and lunged forward at the bandit troop leader.

Being a nimble bandit, the leader, named Borjo, hopped out of the way just in time to dodge. He swumg his axe at the boy, but he quickly jerked his head back and the blade of the axe missed him.

"Hmph! This guy's tough! C"mere boys! Let's take down this b@$t@rd." Borjo yelled.

Immediately, at least ten bandits snuck up beside him. One of them was brave enough to swing his axe. The boy jumped up high and threw his sword at the bandit, killing him. He jumped on him and grabbed his sword. Acting quickly, he sprinted into the herd of bandits and sliced them all in two. The bandits dropped dead to the ground, cold and lifeless.

"W-w-who are you?" Borjo studdered.

Sheathing his Rapier, the boy heroicly announced his name. "I am Len! I am the protector of this village. Leave now, or face the same fate as your team."

Suttely peeking at his teammates, Borjo raced off into the fots of Death Mountain.

That was my dream. I dream to be a hero. I used to play hero when I was little. I'd take the wooden sword and go outside. I'd pretend to be a hero and rescue a princess from a dragon or a demon or something. It was fun, but I knew it'd never happen.

My name is Len, and I'm a loser. I the biggest loser in Hyrule. I have no firends. The world hates me. I dream big, but I am small. But this all changed the day I started classes at Legend Academy...

Chapter One: First Day

I peered at the giant building towering before me. I gulped, grabbing my Rapier and walking into the Administration Bulding.

I carefully walked through all of the long hallways, until I found a door that said "Headmaster". I knocked on the door slowly.

The door flew open and standing where the door used to be was a man. He had crazy, curly hair that went off on either side of his head. He wore glasses and had somewhat of a lazy eye. His clothes looked as if they were those a clown would wear, and his face was very pale.

"Why, hello, there!" he said. "You must be the new student, Len."

"Y-y-yes, sir. That's me." I told him.

He smiled. "I am Mr. L. How are you today, young man?"

"I-I-I'm fine, sir."

"Please!" Mr. L said taking a seat at his desk and putting his feet up on the table. He poured his cofee and took a big gulp. He chugged it down with a big "Ahhhh!". Then he wiped the excess cofee off his lips and set the mug down.

"Um...sir?"

"Yes?"

"Is that decaf?"

"No, why?"

"You should start drinking that..."

The room was silent for a moment. I broke the silence with a, "So, um...where's my dorm room?"

"Oh. It's in the dorms to the left of this building. You're room is room number 218. You have a roommate, but he's a bood fella'. You should be fine."

I smiled and bowed. "Thank you, sir."

"No prob!"

I walked out the door and shut it behind me. What a weird headmaster... I thought. He needs to start drinking decaf.

Next stop: my dorm room. I'll drop off my stuff and go to sleep. Mr. L said my roommate would be back at his home until tomorrow, so I had the room to myself. I yawned. I guess needed the rest.

The door was kicked open, by me, because my hands were full with my bags. I stumbled over to the bed that didn't have any stuff on it and dropped all of my bags. My legs collapsed, pulling me closer to the bed. I scrambled on the bed, turned off the light and slept.

The next day, I woke up late. "Oh, no!" I screamed. "I'm late!" Grabbing my stuff for my first class, I jolted out of my room and down the hallways.

"WATCH OUT!" someone screamed from around the corner in front of me. Turning the corner came a boy, about my age, 16, clothed in blue robes and a red shirt. He also had a blue pointy cap. His arms swung back and forth as he ran. He skidded as he turned the corner. The boy jolted down the hall and bumped into someone-ME!

"Ahgh!" I said, dropping all of my books and falling to the ground.

"Oops!" he said, also falling. He quickly shot up and bent down to help me up. "Sorry, mate." he said.

"No prob." I said. Sighing, I leaned over to pick up some of my books. The boy helped me.

"Name's Leo." he said, smiling. "I'm a mage training to be a great sage one day."

"I'm Len." I told him. "I plan to become a hero someday."

"That's cool!" he said, standing up straight and handing me my books.

"Really?" I asked. I was surprised that someone was actually talking to me, let alone actually being interested in what I'm saying.

"Yeah, totally!" he said. "So, uh...Len, right? You're new here, right?"

"Yeah." I told him, embarassed. "How'd you know?"

"I can just tell. Wanna hang out some time?"

My head jolted up and my eyes lit up. "Hang out? Like, as friends?" Leo nodded. I was so happy, I dropped my books and jumped up and down. Leo pulled me down and held me to the ground. He was really strong.

"Don't do that," he said. "It's embarassing." Then Leo noticed my scar. "What happened to your eye?"

"I got this scar in a spar with my father...before he...died."

"Oh..." he said. Then it was quiet for a while. Well, as quiet as it can get in a dorm hall crowded with noisy students. Then Leo broke the silence. "Let's exchange LAPMS numbers and dorm numbers."

"LAPMS?" I said confused.

"Legend Academy Personal Messenger Service." he said. "Didn't you get one?"

"No." I said.

"You should've. C'mon let's go see Mr. L. He'll give you one."

"Thank's but--"

"Oh, come on! Let's go!"

I sighed. "Oh, all right."

sweet! :D

Posted

Please don't quote those big posts. Could you edit yours and take out the quote?

Note: I may be rewriting this story.

Posted

Not bad, but please describe Mr.L for me, because I have the feeling he's Link, and I imagine him as a fat mid thirties guy, so please describe him in a way that doesn't imply him to be a dumb old geaser. Anywho, great story so far!

Posted

Well, he doesn't even have a main part, really. Just a few scenes.

To me, i always imagined him like the Happy Mask Salesmen without the creppy face.

Posted

great story so far!

amen :D

Posted

:zelda: I love the modern day twist! I also love longer stories!! Write more please and soon!

Posted

Sorry for the long wait in a reply. I am currently rewriting this story and plan to put it on ZeldaFan.net. So, please check there when I'm done. :-)

Posted

I love it! The story's awesome! Great idea and great writing! :-D Can't wait to read more! :taco: