Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm home!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Posted

hello Hyrule.net it's been a while since i last posted anything. you see if you remember three weeks ago i thought I was coming down with the flu. But as it turned out it was actually a serious bacterial infection that required a two week hospital stay just me in a bed for two weeks with a special IV called a picc giving me antibiotics and basicly water because i was dehydrated (my pee was orange) but now I'm out of the hospital and doing fine!!!!!!

hh-walkway-1.jpg

This was my home for the past two weeks Hartford Hospital great place to visit but staying for more than a week No thanks.

It's great to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

hello Hyrule.net it's been a while since i last posted anything. you see if you remember three weeks ago i thought I was coming down with the flu. But as it turned out it was actually a serious bacterial infection that required a two week hospital stay just me in a bed for two weeks with a special IV called a picc giving me antibiotics and basicly water because i was dehydrated (my pee was orange) but now I'm out of the hospital and doing fine!!!!!!

hh-walkway-1.jpg

This was my home for the past two weeks Hartford Hospital great place to visit but staying for more than a week No thanks.

It's great to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well good for you your not sick, but the bacterial infection sounds like it sucked. Welcome back though.

Posted

Well good for you your not sick, but the bacterial infection sounds like it sucked. Welcome back though.

Thanks it's great to be home, but walking is still dizzying and really taxing to my body. I get winded really easily and i have to sit until my heart rate returns to normal because i was in bed with no getting up just lying for two weeks. i didn't mention that i had to have surgery so they could get to the infection which was inside a growth on my leg.

Posted

wow the infection had to physically be removed. you must've been really sick!

Posted

wow the infection had to physically be removed. you must've been really sick!

Yeah it was a mass of infected flesh inside my leg. It's funny that as i was going under they told me to count back from 10, the doctor said that I didn't even make it to 9. then the next thing i knew it was over 2 hours later and i was in recovery asking when it starts. the best thing about my time in hospital was for about a day afterwards i had this nifty morphine drip in my IV that would deliver sweet morphine every time i was in pain. But to reiterate, im home now and working on my rehabilitation, basically walking around the apartment feeling as weak as a puppy if you ever get the idea to spend two weeks in bed.....DON'T!! But i shouldn't say that i actually stayed in bed for 2 weeks i did get up to use the comode, it was this special chair in my room where i did my "duty" so to speek. But the other "making water" was handled by a foley cathiter a tube shoved into the male organ and into the bladder where a "balloon" is inflated to keep it in place. And that ends my hospital ordeal, sorry if it was a bit graphic.