Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spartan-IIs History

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is the history of Spartan-IIs and MJOLNIR Mark Armour

Origins

The emblem of the Spartan-II program; an eagle clutching arrows and a lightning bolt.Projections calculated by the UNSC Office of Naval Intelligence concluded that by 2525 the instability of the outer colonies would result in widespread rebellions unless drastic military measures were instituted. The SPARTAN-II program would meet these requirements, creating a small group of elite soldiers meant to subdue insurrections in their infancy with precision strikes. In this way, civilian casualties might be minimized, civil war averted, and costly conventional solutions made unnecessary.

The project was led by Dr. Catherine Halsey of ONI's Section 3 and Chief Petty Officer Mendez of the UNSC armed forces. Candidates for the program were selected from children deemed to possess superior physical and mental attributes. By 2517 150 suitable candidates had been identified, but for budget reasons only half that number were "conscripted". Most were between 5 and 7 years old. To preserve the program's secrecy the children were replaced by flash clones which would die soon thereafter due to numerous medical complications associated with flash-cloning an entire human being.

Taken to Reach these child-soldiers began training under CPO Mendez. To marginalize the civilian lives they had once led their names became a combination of their given names and a number (like

Posted

And no i didn't write this,i wrote it all down in a book after researching and reading Halo books all over,but i didn't want to type it all so i checked to see if anyone else had written all this down over the internet, and Wikipedia had it down much better than i could have put it.

If this is a wikipedia article, then why didn't you just put a link to the article instead of copying and pasting here?

Also, the MJOLNIR armor sounds a lot like Samus's power suit.

Posted

They both perform pretty different functions all in all, samus's suit cannot carry an on-board AI for example, but Master chief has no in-built weaponry.

Other that being full body suits that fully integrte with the wearer, they're pretty different.

I like how bungie have really built up a bit of backstory behind this.

Posted

If this is a wikipedia article, then why didn't you just put a link to the article instead of copying and pasting here?

Also, the MJOLNIR armor sounds a lot like Samus's power suit.

It's quite a bit different as GL said,and a bit more.

I didn't post the link because this was the only interesting part,unless you wanted to learn every single thing about Halo on one page. ^_^

Differences between MJOLNIR Armour and Power Suit.

MJOLNIR Armour increases every ability of the one who wears it,including thinking and reflexes.

The Power Suit suit is unique because it it doesn't weigh a thing,MJOLNIR Armour weghies 1,000 LBS. untill you put it on.The Power Suit doesn't have Energy Shields, double abilitys,and MJOLNIR Armour is so powerful only SPARTANs can wear it because it shatters your bones because you move to fast,the Power Suit doesn,t require that. There's probably a few other differences but i haven't played Metroid in forever, and im just recently playing Halo again.

Posted

Id rather have samus's power suit than the Mjolnir armour, even if I could wear it without breaking all my bones.

Posted

I'de rather have mark VI MJOLNIR Armour only because it looks cooler,increases all your abilitys radically,and because SPARTANs rock xD Mark IV because it's the best.