Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Heir_to_Hyrule's gallery

21 posts in this topic

Posted

NOTICES

February 18th, 2008

Sorry I haven't updated ina while. Well, finally added about 5 images. There's a lot more sitting in my sketchbook, but these are the most interesting. Not "hey, here's my trying to do 50 arms in order to get them right." Also had to remove acouple older images in order to let these newbies fit. I'm probably going to have to rearrange how this gallery works. We'll see.

MOST RECENT WILL APPEAR ON TOP

February 2008

thehunter.jpg

Just a drawing I did while I was waiting. Made this guy a bit of a barbarian/native american just so I had an excuse for the more tribal, simple weaponry and the exposed skin. Need to keep practicing that anatomy so ya.

February 2008

warrior-pet.jpg

Something that I've been procrastinating doing for a while. Been adding a bit every couple days or so to this one. Originally planned to have this guy riding some sort of mount, but then it just changed last minute to a cat-like pet on a leash. Wish that leash wasn't there actually but it was too late.

January 2008

warriordragontail.jpg

Still a practice in female anatomy. Wanted to do more of a cartoony, action shot. The lizard-guys ended up being really just quick sketch-ins. The real focus was on the girl. I really just like the energy lines around her dragon tail as it gets whipped around.

January 2008

dancer.jpg

First practice in actual female anatomy. Didn't turn out totally the way I wanted (not a fan of the back leg), but for a first real try, I can't call it half-bad. Just wanted to do something a little more exposed, seductive, but a have a LITTLE emotion in it as I tried to give the girl a bit of a dead face. It was really the shape I wanted to focus on with this one.

January 2008

evil-treadmill.jpg

There is no real explanation for this drawing. It was a simple request from a friend to create a "treadmill with a head". And then he just kept adding to that request like "now make a fat kid!" "Make a candy cane angel!"

January 2008

realisticwwscene.jpg

Now this was for another thread in this forum (Realistic WW), but why not put it here too? It was done in ballpoint pen, and touched a bit in photoshop to help darken/lighten some areas. Now... I love and hate certain aspects of this picture. For one, Link's proportions, for a kid, are still a bit over exaggerated. The head is really the problem. It's simply too big. And the front leg is a bit too thin. As for what I like, I like the simplicity of the Miniblin surrounding Link. They were really just scratched in, nothing else. But still, they give a bit of a menacing look as they close in on him. It somewhat adds to it... they're not complex enemies. They're very quick, simple foes that are quite intimidating in large numbers. I kinda like the two miniblin that are somewhat hidden on the right side. One of which is hanging on the side of the small ledge, the other a bit more forward. It's honest too to the stealthy, from-the-shadows type of enemy that they are.

December 2007

barabarianrider.jpg

First off, yes, I know the front arm is quite incorrect. But there's not much you can do with ballpoint pen. I just wanted to try out a more barbaric, Frazetta-inspired character. I was kinda thinking of Conan while doing this, or the film Fire and Ice. I also really wanted to do something fun with a simple kind of mount. There's not much detail in terms of the beast, and it's still quite rough. You can see the cylindrical lines which I used to create the monster, but I think they actually kind of help create a bit of a cool effect... They kinda give the impression of scales, don't they? I really like this drawing.

December 2007

evilprisoner.jpg

I really love this drawing. It's done with mechanical HB pencil (0.5 I believe). The lighting ended up coming out far differently than I originally conceived in my head when I was inspired to do this, but it simply changed the location a bit, bringing the source a bit forward. The image itself is just very interesting in my mind. It has a very cool, dark nature to it, but it's almost playfully sadistic... it's really cool. I like it a lot.

December 2007

dragonrough.jpg

A simple ballpoint pen drawing of a dragon. It was really just a test in shape, and trying to work off very rounded, natural, flowing lines. But eventually I realized it would be really cool to make this into a dragon. It's far rougher and scratchier than I would have liked to be, and yes I know it's not finished. But I really don't want to. I like the unfinished look, and in the end, it's already focusing on what I want to - the sharp eyes, the slithery tongue, and the vicious mouth. It's very threatening, and it has a real menace to it.

December 2007

alienpractice.jpg

Another unfinished image. This one is using a mechanical pencil, HB lead, and really just another test in shape. However I wanted to modify the test so that I could adapt it with a more human design. It just ended up feeling so primal and so otherworldly that I just made it into an alien of sorts. I just shaded the head because I really just wanted to understand what kind of structure this head could have.

December 2007

wizardesque.jpg

January 2007

bokoblinconcept.jpg

December 2006

Edairos.jpg

December 2006

Hylianfemale.jpg

Posted

Dude!!! That's AWESOME!!! :o

Posted

AMAZING

Posted

you have real talent. make sure you put it to use before you lose that talent. (i just noticed that one of the pictures has the master sword in it >.<)

Posted

wow...simply stunning :huh:

two thumbs up! :joy:

Posted

The one with link in it (at least it looks like link) it looks like naruto use the Harem technic right in front of him and he's about to fall over with a bloody nose no offence

Posted

Hey there,

just updated the gallery.

wizardesque.jpg

This image was just done with a simple ball-point pen on a small scrap of paper while I was at work today. Figured it would be worth putting up here.

Posted

All I can say is, holy hell, those are amazing! You've got a real gift, my friend!

Posted

words do not describe.

*puts gun to head and fires straight trough the cerebral cortex*

*gets up*

I'm okay.

Posted

WOW!!! that s way good

Posted

Hey there,

new update. These images are actually from about late November to mid December. But I'm putting them up anyways... figured why not, right? The following four images are from my sketchbook. I just had to photoshop the creases of the book's spine out.

barabarianrider.jpg

First off, yes, I know the front arm is quite incorrect. But there's not much you can do with ballpoint pen. I just wanted to try out a more barbaric, Frazetta-inspired character. I was kinda thinking of Conan while doing this, or the film Fire and Ice. I also really wanted to do something fun with a simple kind of mount. There's not much detail in terms of the beast, and it's still quite rough. You can see the cylindrical lines which I used to create the monster, but I think they actually kind of help create a bit of a cool effect... They kinda give the impression of scales, don't they? I really like this drawing.

evilprisoner.jpg

I really love this drawing. It's done with mechanical HB pencil (0.5 I believe). The lighting ended up coming out far differently than I originally conceived in my head when I was inspired to do this, but it simply changed the location a bit, bringing the source a bit forward. The image itself is just very interesting in my mind. It has a very cool, dark nature to it, but it's almost playfully sadistic... it's really cool. I like it a lot.

dragonrough.jpg

A simple ballpoint pen drawing of a dragon. It was really just a test in shape, and trying to work off very rounded, natural, flowing lines. But eventually I realized it would be really cool to make this into a dragon. It's far rougher and scratchier than I would have liked to be, and yes I know it's not finished. But I really don't want to. I like the unfinished look, and in the end, it's already focusing on what I want to - the sharp eyes, the slithery tongue, and the vicious mouth. It's very threatening, and it has a real menace to it.

alienpractice.jpg

Another unfinished image. This one is using a mechanical pencil, HB lead, and really just another test in shape. However I wanted to modify the test so that I could adapt it with a more human design. It just ended up feeling so primal and so otherworldly that I just made it into an alien of sorts. I just shaded the head because I really just wanted to understand what kind of structure this head could have.

Posted

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Posted

Hey, new update

realisticwwscene.jpg

Now this was for another thread in this forum (Realistic WW), but why not put it here too? It was done in ballpoint pen, and touched a bit in photoshop to help darken/lighten some areas. Now... I love and hate certain aspects of this picture. For one, Link's proportions, for a kid, are still a bit over exaggerated. The head is really the problem. It's simply too big. And the front leg is a bit too thin. As for what I like, I like the simplicity of the Miniblin surrounding Link. They were really just scratched in, nothing else. But still, they give a bit of a menacing look as they close in on him. It somewhat adds to it... they're not complex enemies. They're very quick, simple foes that are quite intimidating in large numbers. I kinda like the two miniblin that are somewhat hidden on the right side. One of which is hanging on the side of the small ledge, the other a bit more forward. It's honest too to the stealthy, from-the-shadows type of enemy that they are.

Posted

WOW!!!!!!!! :huh:

Posted

Thanks lol

but for the future

Thank you so much for your VERY flattering comments such as "wow" etc. It's much appreciated. But I would really prefer if you guys could really tell me what stands out for you. What does, or doesn't work in your eyes. And don't be afraid of offending me... constructive criticism can only help me get better