Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oh, All Alone for Christmas~

9 posts in this topic

Posted

<<

Yes, angst topic.

Well, anyway...

You know those family gatherings? Good food, music, people, talking, hyper little kids, dog barking, cat meowing if they have one, hugs, kisses, presents in this case?

Well....

I have always found myself ignored, usually... I'll just take a nice long book, I know by now. I know, I know, I should make conversation, but I find it obvious that these people don't know a thing about me, and they'll be given the wrong impression by my shyness, "She doesn't like me." Im ok with them... It's the intros I'm scared of. :fear:

I almost felt like crying, but..

People don't entirely ignore me, presents are given, but...

Still..

They're from my dad's side of the family, so no one knows me...

It's...

It's kinda lonely.

They think I'm anti-social.

Probably.

Just ignore this, I just wanted to get something down..

Posted

Yep, Sounds anti-social to me.

whats the big deal about meeting & greeting?

Posted

Suck it up and start a conversation. The only reason they don't know you well is because you havent tried. As a very shy person, I can say shyness is just an excuse for fear. Your afraid of what people will think of you.

Posted

Vivi, your an awesome girl. Just let them get to know you, you've got nothing to be afraid of. ^_^

They're family, get to know them, and they'll get to know you. No one wants to be lonely.

Posted

Come on, I know what you mean...

In other chrismas, when I used to spend them with my grandmother ( :cry: ) where like those. There was one of two: or someone was always complaining about anything, or they were crying about someone or something. That sucked, really.

I used to spend all night alone when we were at Grandma's house because of that, and my family used to think that I was a loner or something like that. Kind of sad, I only waited for returning home and wait for the present's.

But then, if there's soemone of your age, you could talk to him/her. Maybe you won't have a great friendship or anything, but you'll be albe to talk with those people in the next family meeting. Invite someone to read with you, ask about books if you like them, or videogames, or anything you like.

You cna make that change if you really want to make it, Vivi :biggrin:

Posted

^^; Well, to Zoe: No one is my age. The kids are often like... 3. << Trust me, they're not into what I am (-lawllawlawl- Although, there was Fiona... but I had to stand up for Jack Skellington. Dx She said he's scary..). And the grown-ups?

Well...

._. I should get out of my comfort zone. But it's not like I'll see these people anytime soon, so what's it worth?

Posted

Just try and expand your comfort zone. If it backfires, I'm sure there won't be any remotely huge consequence.

Posted

your not all alone. you have mister binklesworth to cheer you up. and if there's anyone you don't want there *coughdeadcough* you sic vinnie on them! Goron Merchant knows all about vinnie. let's see, real advise. . . i pretty much agree with everything everyone else said.

Posted

you've got us too, or at least anyone who's willing to be here (you can talk to me!).

Of course, that doesn't help too much when you're there, sorry :cry:

Merry Christmas!

Gingerlink