Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranting About Fan Clubs!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, honest to god, how many fan clubs can there be here on Hyrule.net!? Seriously, almost every time I go on the Public Clan Forum, there's always a new fan club or fan society. I don't really mind the fact that people want to create fan clubs, it's pretty cool actually, but we are getting swamped in these things!

The unfortunate part is that I've seen one member put in a topic of his/her own fan society as a first post (he/she was new) and I havent seen he/she since then! Like, if we keep having all of these clubs and fan societies, more new members possibly might do that!

I'm not a hypocrite. Sure I'm part of 2 fan clubs/Societies here on Hyrule.net, but I'm not ranting on the Fan club topics, I'm ranting on the amount! Too many of these could result in new members coming here only for the fan societies, I mean. there are some fan clubs who don't even revolve around Zelda (and honestly, they're awesome), but too many of these could result in this:

New member arrives: Hey! I just joined today, wow these fan groups are awesome!

Fellow Member of Site: That's cool, glad you came along! So, do you have a favorite Zelda game?

New Member: Nah, I'm not a fan of Zelda at all, but I'm in this one Eureka 7 fan group, and it is awesome!

Okay, that sounds a bit ridiculous, but I have seen it happen on other sites I go on. Not pretty. :huh:

Posted

i see your point. never go to crunchyroll then. one person could make 10,000 real, official, clans/fan clubs/something. but, seeing as there is no restriction here yet, you'll just have to learn to deal with it.

Posted

Okay, honest to god, how many fan clubs can there be here on Hyrule.net!? Seriously, almost every time I go on the Public Clan Forum, there's always a new fan club or fan society. I don't really mind the fact that people want to create fan clubs, it's pretty cool actually, but we are getting swamped in these things!

The unfortunate part is that I've seen one member put in a topic of his/her own fan society as a first post (he/she was new) and I havent seen he/she since then! Like, if we keep having all of these clubs and fan societies, more new members possibly might do that!

I'm not a hypocrite. Sure I'm part of 2 fan clubs/Societies here on Hyrule.net, but I'm not ranting on the Fan club topics, I'm ranting on the amount! Too many of these could result in new members coming here only for the fan societies, I mean. there are some fan clubs who don't even revolve around Zelda (and honestly, they're awesome), but too many of these could result in this:

New member arrives: Hey! I just joined today, wow these fan groups are awesome!

Fellow Member of Site: That's cool, glad you came along! So, do you have a favorite Zelda game?

New Member: Nah, I'm not a fan of Zelda at all, but I'm in this one Eureka 7 fan group, and it is awesome!

Okay, that sounds a bit ridiculous, but I have seen it happen on other sites I go on. Not pretty. :huh:

i completely see your point, and although it makes me feel slightly guilty that my first ever topic was the garo fan society, i decided against creating a second fan society.

Posted

i completely see your point, and although it makes me feel slightly guilty that my first ever topic was the garo fan society, i decided against creating a second fan society.

Yeah, but at least you go on Hyrule.net frequently and enjoy Zelda just as much as the next person on here, and that's ok. ^_^

It's not like you only come to Hyrule.net to read your fan society topic.

Posted

I thought you did the princess bride fan society too?

I think were hurting for members on the forums to care about any of these issues.

Posted

yes, the cel-shaded link person has a point, all the other forums i've been to, well, lets just say, there are a ton of posts a minute. like, 100.

Posted

yes, the cel-shaded link person has a point, all the other forums i've been to, well, lets just say, there are a ton of posts a minute. like, 100.

I know, I'm just sayin'.

Posted

I thought you did the princess bride fan society too?

I think were hurting for members on the forums to care about any of these issues.

no, i didn't make it, i'm just the co-leader.

the chilled hylian started the princess bride fan society and is the leader of it, with the highest rank.

Posted

no, i didn't make it, i'm just the co-leader.

the chilled hylian started the princess bride fan society and is the leader of it, with the highest rank.

Oh, sorry for the accusation.

Posted

Oh, sorry for the accusation.

aye, that's fine.

Posted

I'm okay with most of this except

1. yes there are too many

2. most of need central Zelda activity. Do think they have ever even played a Zelda game?

side note: 3. I'm fine as long as LDGM doesn't mention pie, ya crazed lunatic.

Posted

hyrule.net shouldn't just be open to zelda fans only... there are too many fan clubs but would it hurt to gain some more users.

Posted

hyrule.net shouldn't just be open to zelda fans only... there are too many fan clubs but would it hurt to gain some more users.

Yeah.. good point there. I just don't want it to end up like that other site I go on completely.

Posted

Yeah.. good point there. I just don't want it to end up like that other site I go on completely.

oh what site?

Posted

oh what site?

Oops, my mistake, I meant, 'went on' previously. It was called ampgirl.piczo.com, and even thoigh it was a piczo site, it got upgraded and there were members and everything. It was mainly based on Anime, and was called ampgirl because the owner's initials were A.M.P and she was a girl. People started makin' more fan clubs revolving around videogames (don't get me wrong, it was nice to talk about Zelda to Halo once in awhile), but too many members kept going there only for the fan clubs that weren't anime, and some new members started posting that anime was gay, so 'ampgirl' just got fed up with it all and closed the site down.

She used to work on this site, nintendo-rama.piczo.com, from time to time as well with her (and my) friend, Michael, then she handed it down to Michael and I alone for us to work on it. I haven't been ale to get around to it though. But if you look at the enter p[age, I think Michael mentioned something about Ampgirl's absence.