Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The war on OoT

49 posts in this topic

Posted

To you I say, "O Rly?"

Post your opinions on this video, OTHER THAN: "blah blah blah he's a n00b he doesn't know anything....yadda yadda yadda" I don't care about that. I care about what you think of his points, and whether you argue them or not.

Starting.....NOW!

Posted

I couldn't even finish the video. After the fourth contradiction I stopped watching. I can't watch stupidity for that long I'm sorry.

Posted

That was ridiculous. Someone needs to hit that kid. He doesn't even know what he's talking about.

Posted

Hit me, then.

'Cuz I tend to agree with him.

Listen to ALL OF the points.

Posted

He's a shallow little nerd. Just read the comments on the page. I respect your and his oppinions, but his points are not very good at all.

He spends half of the video repeating himself.

Posted

He's not making a point, he's nitpicking. The combat limitations in Ocarina of Time were a result of insufficient hardware. But what you could do in-game set the bar, and was later implemented into the games he's comparing it to. Point discredited.

He's comparing the graphics of Ocarina of Time to Kingdom Hearts, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess--games that came after it and are on technologically superior consoles to Nintendo 64. That alone is enough to not take that guy seriously. Now, the graphics look bad, but when it came out, those were as realistic as a game could look. Plus, it didn't hurt that Nintendo 64's hardware was the most powerful in its generation. But still, if you look at the graphics on Ocarina, what game that came out during that time looks better? Point discredited.

The story for Ocarina was like none other during its time. At the time it came out, no other game had a storyline more epic or immersive. There's still no game after Ocarina of Time that has a storyline that's ahead of its generation (aside from Twilight Princess, which he brought up). But the fact that he's comparing a nine year old game to ones that came out one, two, three years ago is what loses his credibility. Point discredited.

Majora's Mask, I will agree, was dependent on the usage of masks... It's even named after one of them, and final boss itself is a mask. Yet he expects something completely different? Point discredited.

Ocarina of Time is considered the greatest of all time because it was ahead of its time and it set the standard for action/adventure games of its kind. No other game has yet to perfect the formula that Ocarina was made with aside from the successing games in the series. Until there's a game that can outdo every other of its kind in its respective generation, Ocarina of Time will continue to be considered the best game of all time.

...But I will consider Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy as good possibilities.

Posted

The story for Ocarina was like none other during its time. At the time it came out, no other game had a storyline more epic or immersive. There's still no game after Ocarina of Time that has a storyline that's ahead of its generation (aside from Twilight Princess, which he brought up). But the fact that he's comparing a nine year old game to ones that came out one, two, three years ago is what loses his credibility. Point discredited.

Even so, Ocarina of Time still has a great story. Its not "just go to the future and save it." There are plenty of plot twists, like Kakariko catching fire and the whole Sheik thing. The story brought you to every corner of Hyrule. Not Link, you. Zelda games are unique in that they immerse the player so well into the role of "hero." Link is given no voice or name, so you creat your own in its place. Link is you.

And I want to know why the hell he used beta screenshots for his part about MM!! This kid obviously doesn't know how to appreciate a game for more than meets the eye. 8 years ago, OoT crept its way into my subconscious and its still there today. What other game sticks with the player so emotionally? OoT has become a part of me. A sort of moral that will always stay with me.

Posted

THIS IS HEATING UP!!!!!!!

Anyone want to argue more of his points? Or has everyone made their point?

Posted

The kid frequently says "I don't know."

I wouldn't consider him much of a gamer. He says that he has beat TP 5 times, and yet he doesn't remember anything about it. This makes me wonder if he actually reads the text, or just skips through it. That would be imaginably why he didn't enjoy OoT to its full potential.

And he goes on an on about how TP looks more realistic than OoT (even though he just mentioned that he was pissed when the ditched TWW graphics) when, like Josh said, OoT is much, much older.

Posted

I'm sorry, but... he does have some points. I mean, I do like OoT more, but he makes really great points. You guys and everyone commenting on youtube probably just paid more attention to the TITLE and not the actual video. I think you should watch it again, especially you, Cel-shaded Link. I hope you won't mindlessly toss aside this post and think of me as retarded, (I previously stated that I do like OoT more) but I think you should watch it again. And I'm sure Fire Goron would change his mind if they remade OoT with a bunch of extras. That's all, later.

P.S. GM, I hope you read this text...]

Oh, and SirJoshizzle, watch the movie again and pay attention, because the graphics weren't the main points :angry: ...

Posted

He can't compare it with older games because it was the best game of its time. His problem is with people saying it still is the best game.

Posted

I couldn't even finish the video. After the fourth contradiction I stopped watching. I can't watch stupidity for that long I'm sorry.

lol me neither whats that kids problem? :angry: oh well OoT is like the best zelda game ever

Posted

Again I say, pay attention to the darn video!!!

Posted

He can't compare it with older games because it was the best game of its time. His problem is with people saying it still is the best game.

Thank you, that's a good statement :biggrin: . Sorry for double post.

Posted

The biggest problem is that he compared it to games of this time,but that's just what he should compare them to,isn't it?

OoT is said to be the greatest game of all time.That means it should be compared to games of this time.He is actually incorrect about OoT's storyline.It is better than TP's storyline and I would say even WW's.The thing is that makes it the best game of all time is,as Joshizzle has pointed out,has the perfect formula for a game.No game has perfected that formula since.