Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The war on OoT

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I did pay attention. I'm not trying to be shallow, but I don't think the kid has many good points at all. He just names games that are in his opinion better or worse and mentions graphics and story. Those don't make a good argument.

Great post HylianForrunner.

Posted

The biggest problem is that he compared it to games of this time,but that's just what he should compare them to,isn't it?

OoT is said to be the greatest game of all time.That means it should be compared to games of this time.He is actually incorrect about OoT's storyline.It is better than TP's storyline and I would say even WW's.The thing is that makes it the best game of all time is,as Joshizzle has pointed out,has the perfect formula for a game.No game has perfected that formula since.

I agree completely.

Posted

Forunner, your wrong. The real problem is that he compares it to other games that aren't Zelda. It is the best ZELDA game, but not the BEST any-game.

Posted

Forunner, your wrong. The real problem is that he compares it to other games that aren't Zelda. It is the best ZELDA game, but not the BEST any-game.

It felt wrong when Halo 1 popped in my head :unsure: ...

You're right,I suppose,but it proves to be the most fun out of all those genres.Out of all those,you would want to play OoT the most,because it's just simply the most fun out of all of the games you own.

if I were to take a world-wide survey right now,I bet the world's most re-played game would be OoT.

Posted

Done.

Posted

SirJoshizzle, watch the movie again and pay attention, because the graphics weren't the main points :angry: ...

I was listening--it's what I was listening to as I typed out my reply. And I still stand by what I said because he has no valid argument--he's was comparing ten year old graphics to what came out recently, he's knocking off points because of ten year old technology, and was talking about Ocarina like it came out yesterday and tried to justify it by comparing it to today's games.

At face value, yes, Ocarina of Time is inferior to today's games. But what made it so great and got it its "Best game of all time" title is how it impacted the video game industry because it was revolutionary for the time it came out. If all the games he compared Ocarina to had the same graphics, technical capabilities, and none of the advantages he brought up to counter what everyone thinks of Ocarina, which game do you think would still be considered the best ever?

You said "he makes really great points". You have yet to bring them up into discussion and further elaborate on them, because he obviously didn't.

Posted

I was listening--it's what I was listening to as I typed out my reply. And I still stand by what I said because he has no valid argument--he's was comparing ten year old graphics to what came out recently, he's knocking off points because of ten year old technology, and was talking about Ocarina like it came out yesterday and tried to justify it by comparing it to today's games.

At face value, yes, Ocarina of Time is inferior to today's games. But what made it so great and got it its "Best game of all time" title is how it impacted the video game industry because it was revolutionary for the time it came out. If all the games he compared Ocarina to had the same graphics, technical capabilities, and none of the advantages he brought up to counter what everyone thinks of Ocarina, which game do you think would still be considered the best ever?

You said "he makes really great points". You have yet to bring them up into discussion and further elaborate on them, because he obviously didn't.

The no valid argument thing that you just stated shows that you were NOT paying attention, and you have no "valid argument" and I agree with That's Mama Luigi, we already finished this topic, and I will no longer bother to post or read anything on this topic, so don't bother to reply.

Posted

I completely agree. Its the vivid memories and nostalgia that make Ocarina of Time "The Best Game of all Time." A title it deserves. I have never met anyone who has told me that they disliked OoT, whereas I've had plenty of people tell me that they hate Halo or Kingdom Hearts.

Posted

*Whipes forehead*

SJHZL (Short for Sir Johizzle)... You have stated almost the EXACT SAME POINT 3 times.

Here's my argument:

'K, K', I get this now. It is called the greatest game of all time for what it did in it's time.

HOLD UP! What again?

*Mumbles to self* Greatest game of all time for what it did in it's generation.

Now hold on here. Time is infinite. There is no way we can tell if there is going to be a better game or not. Calling it "the best game of ALL time" when clearly you are stating what it did in ITS time is just.... well, the first thought that comes to mind is that that's confusing and misunderstood.

Clearly, Johizzle, with your points, you are pointing out that it was the best game of IT'S Time. However, you refuse to accept how it holds up TODAY, which is the ultimate test of a game being good for ETERNITY, or, as you are saying, ALL TIME.

Because of these current points and until I get an arguement that I can accept clearly argues MY points, OoT is NOT the best game of ALL time because of how it holds up today. It is the simply the greatest game of ITS time.

CLEARLY misunderstood.

You had BETTER read ALL OF THIS.

Posted

*Whipes forehead*

SJHZL (Short for Sir Johizzle)... You have stated almost the EXACT SAME POINT 3 times.

Here's my argument:

'K, K', I get this now. It is called the greatest game of all time for what it did in it's time.

HOLD UP! What again?

Now hold on here. Time is infinite. There is no way we can tell if there is going to be a better game or not. Calling it "the best game of ALL time" when clearly you are stating what it did in ITS time is just.... well, the first thought that comes to mind is that that's confusing and misunderstood.

Clearly, Johizzle, with your points, you are pointing out that it was the best game of IT'S Time. However, you refuse to accept how it holds up TODAY, which is the ultimate test of a game being good for ETERNITY, or, as you are saying, ALL TIME.

Because of these current points and until I get an arguement that I can accept clearly argues MY points, OoT is NOT the best game of ALL time because of how it holds up today. It is the simply the greatest game of ITS time.

CLEARLY misunderstood.

You don't understand. OoT did so much with what it could, and stood out so vividly in its time. No game since has made every single other game in its generation look like crap in comparison. No other game since has stood out as much and attracted so much attention and memory.

Posted

*Whipes forehead*

Here's my argument:

HOLD UP! What again?

CLEARLY misunderstood.

What I said earlier stated that it should be compared to current generation title games because of it's grand title.It is better than those games because it has the greatest story and really good gameplay.Sure,some games have better gameplay.All games these days have better graphics.The thing is,there might be a game that comes along that is better,but gaming is almost over.We've done most that we can with gaming.After all this,virtual reality is all that's going to be left to experiment with.Ocarina will be beaten out in the next 10 years.I'm certain it will,but currently[after 9 years],it is the best.Maybe not graphicly,hell,maybe not even gamplay-wise,but best by creating a memorable experience.

Posted

Memorable experience, yes.

Otherwise, no.

Therefore, since it cannot stand up to the "Otherwise" factor, It ISN'T. THE. BEST. GAME.

Posted

Memorable experience, yes.

Otherwise, no.

Therefore, since it cannot stand up to the "Otherwise" factor, It ISN'T. THE. BEST. GAME.

Then what is? Please share.

Posted

As much as you hate it, Twilight Princess.

At least, if not, the BEST game. Which I'm sure it isn't....

Twilight Princess is the best ZELDA game....

SO FAR.

Well, that I know of anyway. I still haven't played PH becasue my mom won't let me get a DS.

Best Boss battles in my view:

PH

Best overall factor:

TP

Best Memories:

OoT

Most Interactive:

Majora's Mask

Everywhere in between:

TWW

Possibly blatant GBA Adaptaion:

FSA

Best Multiplayer:

FS

Best fan - made multiplayer:

Zelda Halo

That's my opinion on the best Zelda games according to those factors.

Posted

*Whipes forehead*

Here's my argument:

HOLD UP! What again?

CLEARLY misunderstood.

Look at every game from each generation after Ocarina of Time. Is there only one game from each console generation that is unanimously considered having the ability to completely put every other game released during its time to shame? Not really. Has any other game released after Ocarina of Time considered worthy to take the best of all time title away? Not really. Has any other game released after Ocarina of Time considered to completely revolutionize how we all look at and play video games? Not really.

Ocarina of Time is considered the best ever because it was the first game in an originally 2-D series to make the actual transition into 3-D and actually do it right. It was the first game to implement a little thing we like to call Z-targeting and actually do it right; games have tried to imitate it, but for some reason only Ocarina of Time (and its successors) can pull it off. It was the first game to have a soundtrack that actually gave it a cinematic feel, and matching cutscenes that held up to the standard we consider cutscenes should reach. It was the first game to actually do real-time combat right, without feeling gimmicky or tacked on.

What game released after Ocarina of Time can you honestly say made the same--if not more--innovations that it made? I don't need to prove to you that Ocarina of Time can withstand time and that it can still hold its own today, because it does it for me. Every game created since then has been held up to the same standards Ocarina of Time was graded on ten years ago--storyline, soundtrack, graphics and gameplay. Funny enough, even with the dated technology used to make it, no game has yet to knock off that "best of all time" crown. Why? Because no game has ever made the impact or innovated the way Ocarina of Time did.

Ocarina of Time is the best of its time because of the way it innovated, and it's the best of all time because no other game has yet to do the same for its own time period.

But because you're so bent of proving that Ocarina of Time doesn't deserve the title, which game do you think does? The only other possibility I see is Super Mario 64. Surprise-surprise, that game is two years older than Ocarina is.