Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Complete and Utter RETAREDNESS!

21 posts in this topic

Posted

are you using batteries from two different sets? that can change the preformance of the wiimote

Posted

No, I've been using these since the 26th and they recharge; they were specialy made for the wiimote and came with the wiimote charger.

Posted

No, I've been using these since the 26th and they recharge; they were specialy made for the wiimote and came with the wiimote charger.

have you thought about the possibility of an imp plaguing your life. i've seen it a thousand times. i have six

Posted

I personally think that the wii sensor bar is borken, has gone: "Kaput!", has goon to see it's maker, has ceased to live, etc.

I suggest you get a new one. Considering your situation, the wireless one is the way to go.

Posted

There are a number of things it could be, but I'll start with the most basic.

1. The Sensor Bar- Aim a digital camera, a mobile phone camera will do, at the sensor bar. If you can't see 5 purple lights at each end (that would be the infrared LEDs), it's the sensor bar.

If you want to make your own sensor bar (for a lot cheaper than a wireless one, and without the inaccuracy of using candles as an infrared source), PM me.

2. Do you have the Wii Remote Jackets on, and if yes, does it cover the black rectangle at the front of the Wii Remote? If it does, then you are covering the Infrared sensors.

-Also, is the black rectangle scratched, cracked, damaged, etc.?

3. You've got a bung remote.

4. Your rechargeable batteries are crap, and you need to buy either Alkaline or rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries. Sometimes, even new batteries will be dead from poor chemicals, so that may be one cause. Also, if they are Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) throw them away now, they suck.

5. Try moving closer to the television set. Infrared LED's aren't that powerful due to their long wavelength (About 940 nm at 20 ma).

6. I don't know what else to tell you.

Posted

I'm pretty sure your sensor bar is just being blocked or something. If you can't see the sensor bar, your Wiimote can't either. Make sure the sensor bar is on the top of your television if you have it set to Top in the sensor bar options. Make sure the Sensor bar is facing you and that the infrared lights behind the smooth black rectangles on either side of it aren't being blocked, and that they are fully visible. Make sure the cord is undamaged and hooked into the back of the Wii. (Which, just for general purposes, should be in an open space without anything blocking the back vents) Make sure the black rectangle on the front of your Wiimote is also unblocked and relatively clean. Close all curtains during daylight because sunlight is full of infrared radiation that will confuse your Wiimote severely. If your +/- and Home button work, it's not a connection problem because your Wiimote is still communicating with your console. It's either the sensor bar or you're doing something wrong.

Batteries have been known to cause problems with connecting though... Personal experience. @_@

Crusnik's info should help you though. Infrared radiation isn't visible to the naked eye, but cameras and video recorders can see them. (It's pretty cool too, so if there's nothing wrong, check it out anyway.) If there are no little bluish purple lights in either your Wiimote or the Sensor Bar, then there's something wrong with it. If your Sensor bar doesn't work, please triple check to see if it's connected. Otherwise try putting two candles on either side of where your sensor bar's IR lights would be. It's cheap, but as Crusnik said, slightly inaccurate and kind of hard to pull off. and Candles emit IR light as well and will serve as a sensor bar without any connection to your console.

Also, if she's in the same room as the Wii, I'm pretty sure it should be able to receive the Wiimote's position. Most rooms aren't forty feet long.

Please, though. It's most likely your Sensor Bar.

Tamper with it a bit.

Sahaqiel