Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Two Rants; One thread.

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok.

First: Stereotyping! YAY!

People have been looking at me differently lately, and I know why. I've been dressing a lot darker lately: Nightmare Before Christmas, black, Sweeney Todd (blood and razor on the shirt, lulemo), black nails, and a rather blank stare (I'm often just thinking lately, but kids think it's scary). Seriously, the thing that breaks my heart is how the adults at the mall hold their kids closer as I pass. am I really that scary? I enjoy this stuff!

Not only that, someone asked about my wrist warmers, and I said they felt nice. =.= They seemed to think I was a wrister. Oh your God, so quick to conclusions... Stereotyping truly is #@$%ing stupid. I just prefer the darker side of life; it's quite interesting. And the people in it aren't all evil, like most people'll make 'em out to be. Quite a few of them are VERY nice...

Another thing... Orientation.

As many of you now know, I'm no longer for men. I feel that there's too many in the world that'd turn on me, wouldn't really love me, just WANT something out of me. Not saying all of them are, but... I feel more for the feminine side of the world now. >> Truly? I don't CARE what you all think. You like it? Good for you. You hate it? Go away. I got better things to do than listen to that homophobia, and no, I'm not an atheist, when I say this so freely. Just some ideas of religion seem pretty stupid to me.

So yeah.

Anyone got something to say? I'm all ears.

Posted

Parents pulling their kids away just sounds retarded...And wtf is a wrister??

Not really against your orientation,I can understand what you're saying...Most people out there only do want something out of you,and don't truly love you...Of course,with me,I don't look for some cute girl and ask her out just to make out with her or something...In fact,Amaya's the only person I've ever asked out before,really[on like going somewhere to eat or to a movie].And with her I actually do love her.So yeah.Some people just don't care about finding someone they really love and will just go on constantly going out with several different people or something,while some people look for someone they can actually love.This is actually the reason most couples break up before getting out of school I think.It's because it wasn't real love,it was just going out or something for the hell of it or just to make out or whatever.Most people at my school just go out with someone to say that they have a hot girlfriend or something.I remember hearing people talking about how many girlfriends they had gotten that year and someone said 4[it was at the end of the 1st semester].It's like they're treating it like a game...I hope you find what you're looking for.

Posted

A wrister is someone who cuts their wrists, in other words, 'an emo'.

xP I doubt many men would even WANT something from me as it is, they seem to want skinny people nowadays...

And you're not the only one about the 'how many girls' thing. The boys act as if it's a point of pride. =.= Grow up, they're not getting a decent job as a fecking pimp.

Posted

You know, your basis for changing your orientation sounds kind of like a steryotype, the way you say that most guys just want something out of girls. A lot of guys will eventually start looking for a lifelong relationship if you just give them time.

Posted

A wrister is someone who cuts their wrists, in other words, 'an emo'.

xP I doubt many men would even WANT something from me as it is, they seem to want skinny people nowadays...

And you're not the only one about the 'how many girls' thing. The boys act as if it's a point of pride. =.= Grow up, they're not getting a decent job as a fecking pimp.

I never saw any point at all in just collecting as many as I could,and even then it just seemed stupid to me.The only problem is that by 6th grade I really wanted someone who would love me...[The thing is,I'm not sure if it'd worked even if I had tried.I wasn't exactly in with the normal crowd,and barely anyone would be my friend.It felt as though no one would ever love me.].But even if it probably never would've worked for me,I still never really tried it.Back then I actually wanted what the other guys had....I envied them because I felt like I could never even have that fake love that they had.This year I've actually gained intelligence,and scoffed at the idea.Back then,I didn't even like the ideas of having all those girlfriends,anyway.This year I was actually smart and found someone who felt like a gift from God.Like I said,I hope you find what you're looking for.I'll explain the the differences between this school year and the last 7 in another thread.

Posted

Do you really dress that darkly? Who cares what other people think, Vivi, you are you! No one is youer than you.

We will always love and accept you for who you are, pusha to anyone who doesn't. They don't matter a bit. I know its hard, but don't change for other people. As long as you like yourself, everything is fine.

True friends won't care, Vivi. Stranger's opinions don't mean anything.

Posted

You're what we like to call a Nerdgoth.

Nightmare before Christmas (So nerdy nowadays >> <<) + gothic style of dress = Nerdgoth.

It's like me being a goth. Think about it. Scary, no?

But seriously, yeah, sterotypicality sucks.

You'll get used to it. It's always awkwards the first few months.

Go to places like Hot Topic and such. Meet and talk to people, etc.

That's why I spend so much time in a Gamestop at the mall. Them workers know how to keep up discussions.

As for Orientation, ignore them. Or if you know where they live, there's a few nice sites we like to call the *chans.

This megatomboy (Likes our crappy baseball team, homophobic, thinks like a man.) is homophobic and makes fun of us as if we're gay because we protect the gay people.

Well, we're in the process of finding their addresses and addressing them as "Furries" on 4chan. Along with their cell phone numbers. :unsure:

Posted

On Stereotyping, I agree. (I actually wrote a similar thing about sterotyping for Honors English today... or was it yesterday?) The unfortunant thing is that some darker dressing people are darker people, and that kinda set a reputation of sorts, so many people take them to be that way. My school has a ton of people who prefer that fansion sense. Most of them are just skaters, but people percept that style as emo and/or goth and/or punk. Some of them are nice. Some aren't of course, but then again, when you think about it, every group of people, no matter how they're categorized, have at least a few of those bad people. It's just how things are. Also, many people asociate black to evilness and night and vampires and scary creepy things, and so on, and in a way they do, sometimes, but that doesn't mean that the person is bad if they were it. I sometimes wear black. I think black clothes are pretty cool. (I'm not one for skulls and chains and so on, though.) Take the goths for example. Not all of them are bad, but many people think that they're evil and worship Satan, and all that crap. They just like the night and love to party. Everyone likes to party, especially at night. They were probably raised to be the way they are. I like rock, I like the night-life, but I'm not a skater/punk/goth/emo or others related to that. In fact, I'm a Mormon, but I can except people for who they are and not judge them by appearances.

---

Ok, I'm done ranting for now. :embarrassed:

Posted

That is bad :cry:

Unfortuently, I probably won't give good advice on this :embarrassed:

Goron Merchant and Django did a WAY better job than I could :D

And on the thing with the fake blood on your shirt for Sweeney Todd...... I saw a girl with that SAME EXACT THING at school today :unsure:

Posted

Arcane,REALLY good advice.

He's right.There'll be some idiot that sets the stereotypical standards for everyone else.I actually wear black all the time[favorite colors are black and green].Black shirt with skulls on it,black Zelda shirt,black WoW shirt,black Halo shirt,green shirt with a skull on it[with black sleeves],black jeans[either 2 or 3 pairs],black converse,and Anna got me a Zelda shirt that was black,but it was a medium :unsure: .She got it on accident.I wear XLarge or XXLarge...Let's just say it wasn't very pretty when I tried it on :unsure: .And Anna wears black all the time,too.There's nothing satanist about wearing black all the time...Hell,I'm wearing that black skull shirt with black jeans right now.I still don't really understand what seems to be so stereotypical about satanism for people who wear the stuff we do :unsure: .Probably some idiot making us look like that :unsure: .And I suppose you could call me a nerdgoth or something...Because I seem to fall into that catagory :unsure: .

....And wrist warmers are so damned cute in my opinion...

Posted

I love you, Dja.

XDDDD

-petpet-

And thanks for saying so, Arc. I know quite a few, what you might call, 'preps', but they're VERY nice to me. >w< One of them is super beautiful, I can't stop staring (Kimmy is still prettier, though. << >>). But of course... There's.. well..

Yeah.

Cindy. Send me her number. -shot- XDD

..Wrist warmers? Cute? ./ / /. -bluuuush-

Posted

Wrister, huh? I've known it as "cutter".

I'm not really into the clothing with emo connotations to them (there's a saying at my school--"Hot Topic is not punk rock"). I'm more of the complete opposite: American Eagle, Banana Republic, Billabong, Aeropostale, Bean Pole, etc.--Plaid shorts, logo shirts, Asian themed shirts, polos, and sometimes the long-sleeved dress shirt, jacket and bootcut jeans combo. The scarf is usually a must, even if it's hot out.

I laugh at the gossip I hear about myself. I even ask people what others say about me, and if it's not "hurtful" enough, I complain because it's that amusing. Smack talk is comedy to me at this point in my life.

My dad taught me an old Japanese proverb, "Juunin toiro" (10人といろ). It means literally that everyone has his or her own tastes; to each his own. It's no one's but your own business what you like to wear and who you're interested in.

Posted

It doesn't matter what people think of you.

Me? I'm not a punk/goth or anything, but hey, I love Nightmare before Christmas and some somewhat dark musicals (Sweeney and Phantom). I even wear black from time to time, it's not a bad colour (unless it's on a summers day, black attracts the heat :unsure::cry: ). I dont wear it often, but I'm just that kind of person. I listen to rock music and techno. We all have our own likes, dislikes, and no one's the same.

You just choose to express your personality, and people are percieving your appearance in the wrong way. Seriously, your true friends will accept you, and it doesn't matter what strangers think. Let them get on with their own lives.

But I just hate, hate, HATE when a person calls you emo for liking a musical. Someone called me emo for enjoying the film and musical The Phantom of the Opera. That is not an emo movie, it a great tale of love, deceit, and great music. xD Yes, the ending's a bit sad, but that doesnt mean it's emo for god's sake.

It had a friggin swordfight, and a character with an awesome mask. That itself should be enough lol.

Posted

You're what we like to call a Nerdgoth.

Nightmare before Christmas (So nerdy nowadays >> <<) + gothic style of dress = Nerdgoth.

It's like me being a goth. Think about it. Scary, no?

But seriously, yeah, sterotypicality sucks.

You'll get used to it. It's always awkwards the first few months.

Go to places like Hot Topic and such. Meet and talk to people, etc.

That's why I spend so much time in a Gamestop at the mall. Them workers know how to keep up discussions.

As for Orientation, ignore them. Or if you know where they live, there's a few nice sites we like to call the *chans.

This megatomboy (Likes our crappy baseball team, homophobic, thinks like a man.) is homophobic and makes fun of us as if we're gay because we protect the gay people.

Well, we're in the process of finding their addresses and addressing them as "Furries" on 4chan. Along with their cell phone numbers. :unsure:

You're so nice when you want to be, Dj! It's cute. >w<

Be nice though, nobody deserves the wrath of the chans!

Alright, two things, Vi.

People are not pulling away from you when they go by, and if they do, they're not worth it. You're a wonderful person and I know it, chat people up. They'll like you. You're VERY likeable. My friend Alli is probably the most popular girl in the school, and she wore a Nightmare shirt to the dance last night. People hung all over her and laughed with her. It's not your clothes.

Also, about the orientation thing. It's obvious you like girls. But you claim you don't like men anymore EVER because the boys you deal with now are so... ugh.

Boys WILL get better over time.

You should give them a chance too.

I'm not saying you have no idea what you want. I'm just saying you're kinda young and you shouldn't swear off boys completely so early.

Posted

i agree with al's long explanation. i dress dark, black is my favorite color, and i have intrests in death, but im not part of the occult. fact i hate satan. hell(hehe pun) ill go down to hell to kill satan with my own two hands, but there will always be that little piece of evil left so its worthless. and im not emo.

as for stereotyping, its worthless to try to stop it, but speaking about it is a good way to cleanse yourself. hell im a stereotyper. i dont like to get to know people because of first impressions. and cus im shy

and i do go to hot topic