Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Failing a school year

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember over the summer I was talking with my grandfather,and he told me that nothing good would come out of failing,and that it was a year wasted of my life.It turns out that he was dead wrong.For the past 7 years,I have been virtually unaccepted by the normal crowd,and therefore hated with just a few friends.Basically,those years sucked.So think.I was with the same people for about 6 years[went to a different school for 3rd grade],and those people hated me.Of course after I failed,there was a dramatic difference in the way people saw me.I was put in classes in the same grade as last year.They were different from my last year's classes,so it was just like last year with a new environment that I was getting used to[except for two classrooms],except for one thing:I was around different people.Different people who new absolutely nothing about me.This felt great on my first day.

This led me to the biggest thing that made failing a good year.Anna.Yes,Anna.I talk about her ALL THE TIME on this site,don't I?I do this with good reason.She's the best thing that ever happened to me,and I love her very much.Now,I had actually first seen her last year,at a table in the library,talking about Shadow of the Colossus.Didn't talk to her because of the way I thought people were by then[hateful ol' chaps who will put you down for anything,pick on you like a pack of wolves,and just not accept you at all].This meant that I thought that she would just tell me to go away if I tried talking to her.I saw her again,sitting at a table with a handful of others.They were talking and having a good time.I remembered this.On the second day of school,they were who I went to.It turns out that they were warding people off because they were all making fun of them,for example,asking to join their "ninja club"[which refers to the fact that they talk about Naruto a lot],because the first thing I was told when I came up there was to go away.The thing is,I think my choice of words,which I think was "Hey,do y'all like games?" really helped me there,because I clearly did not say "ninja club" or anything of the sort,and Anna came up and talked to me.Thanks to her,I'm the only person who's gotten into the Pringles in one day.After awhile,in late September I think,I started talking to Anna a lot more.We got to know each other and learned that we had a lot in common.Eventually in November she told me she loved me.and everything was just great.Everything.Love is a great feeling that words fail to explain.It was odd that all of this happened just because I failed.This made my failing one of the best things that happened to me.

Now,if you actually read all of that,I thank you.Please comment.

Posted

wow. i didn't even know one could type for so long. :unsure:

well, guess it's going good for you then.

Posted

wow. i didn't even know one could type for so long. :unsure:

well, guess it's going good for you then.

It is good for me.I'll let you guess what the only thing I ever cried tears of joy about was ^_^ .

Posted

Anyways, I'm glad you found somebody of your interest. ;)

Everything is still going rough for me. Good luck. Cheers.

Posted

It is good that you see the good side of a bad thing.

Posted

Ah, girlfriends. They put joy into your life. You make them laugh. They make you laugh. If you're lucky enough, you get one older than you, and you become a player, And if you play your cards right, things can't go much wrong.

I love Angelina Jones. NOT "Jolie." JONES. She is also the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I love her.

Bright are the starts that shine!

Dark is the sky - y!

I know this of mine, will never die.

And I love her.

I love like ours. Could never die. As long as I, have her near me.

Posted

Ah, girlfriends. They put joy into your life. You make them laugh. They make you laugh. If you're lucky enough, you get one older than you, and you become a player, And if you play your cards right, things can't go much wrong.

I love Angelina Jones. NOT "Jolie." JONES. She is also the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I love her.

Bright are the starts that shine!

Dark is the sky - y!

I know this of mine, will never die.

And I love her.

I love like ours. Could never die. As long as I, have her near me.

We had to sing that last year in choir lol.It's great to hear that you found someone for you,as well,TML.

...And Anna's a year younger than me :unsure: .

Posted

Love...it must be wonderful. I'm happy you guys have found the perfect girls for yourselves. Maybe one day, I'll be in love, and i'll tell you guys, like HF did. HF, you're the first person to ever make me think failing can be a good thing.

Posted

Love...it must be wonderful. I'm happy you guys have found the perfect girls for yourselves. Maybe one day, I'll be in love, and i'll tell you guys, like HF did. HF, you're the first person to ever make me think failing can be a good thing.

Lol,don't just try to fail,in case that even crossed your mind.I failed simply because I didn't do any of my work and therefore had failing grades all throughout the year.I think I may have gotten lucky :embarrassed: .

Anyway,all this has even changed me into a better and smarter person.It's great ^_^ .

Posted

Lol,don't just try to fail,in case that even crossed your mind.I failed simply because I didn't do any of my work and therefore had failing grades all throughout the year.I think I may have gotten lucky :embarrassed: .

Anyway,all this has even changed me into a better and smarter person.It's great ^_^ .

No I'm not thinking that, it's just...*sigh* I've always had pressure about my grades and it had always been embedded into my mind that anything lower than a B is bad. And that's lowered from my parents view. Failing has always been...like a death sentence to me. Everyone always has high standards for the honor roll student. My parents always brag about me always getting A's...I feel like...I'm not allowed to get anything lower. But...I've always known failing isn't that bad, but I was never able to make myself believe it...that nothing good can come out of it...but I know something can, now. Even if it's rare.

Posted

Here's my comment-

Separate sentences, use a few more paragraph breaks, correct grammar.

I read most of it but stopped because it got far too confusing.

Posted

For me, nothing can justify failing anything, especially school. It's a personal and public embarrassment, teachers and parents expect that much more because it's basically learning everything over again so you should know everything (or at least know what to expect, and it's totally a waste of a school year. And it makes it that much harder to get accepted into a good college.

It should be no contest between a relationship that might not last, and the best education and future possible.

And the reason you think you're smarter is most likely because you're doing all the work over again.

Of course, that's just me.

Posted

For me, nothing can justify failing anything, especially school. It's a personal and public embarrassment, teachers and parents expect that much more because it's basically learning everything over again so you should know everything (or at least know what to expect, and it's totally a waste of a school year. And it makes it that much harder to get accepted into a good college.

It should be no contest between a relationship that might not last, and the best education and future possible.

And the reason you think you're smarter is most likely because you're doing all the work over again.

I like this, normally we have people trying to make other people feel better after a rant, in this case we have what is essentially an anti-rant and SirJoshizzle is trying to make you feel worse about it XD

Posted

Same.

Posted

I like this, normally we have people trying to make other people feel better after a rant, in this case we have what is essentially an anti-rant and SirJoshizzle is trying to make you feel worse about it XD

You call me a pessimist, I call myself a realist. :D

I love to be optimistic. But I don't let that keep me com seeing everything from a realistic perspective