*Sigh* ...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

You know, all my life, I've wondered what it's like to have a boyfriend. How pathetic am I!? :cry:

Well, it's just that everyone talks about the fact that they like this one girl or guy and they usually end up lucky and become boyfriend ad girlfriend. I'm especially happy for HF and Amaya. :) But.. it just makes me kind of sad.

I used to really like this boy at my school, and y'know, I have a small past of getting bullied, and, well, he was really considerate and nice, and sometimes even told 'em to stop.

Btw, that was just teasing, the bullying year was Gr 6. Worst year of my life, cried every day just because of some stupid girls who bullied me.

Anyways, there was also an incident in Gr 6 in the Science room when we were looking at dead specimens in jars, it was so disgusting... and sad.. I felt like crying and had to step out for a second. I'm okay now, but it's still hung over my head from time to time.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Long story short, I liked this boy, he was nice, considerate, kind, funny, cute, everything. ^_^ Soe of my friends asked me if I liked a guy, and in my most quiet voice, i said who I liked. They were happy for me, and promised not to tell anyone. Little did I know that an evil eavesdropper overhard the conversation and blurted it out to practically everyone the next day, the day I was sick from school! The guy never spoke to me.. or looked at me for that matter again. That girl also knew of my horrid past, and I heard she passed that on too. I was pretty sad, but I got over it. He turned out to be kind of jerkish anyways. And he swore unnecessarily.. a lot. :huh:

Now, I just have so many friends who have boyfriends, and so many people talking about love and how wonderful it is. My life is like a giant soap opera which get's cancelled every now and then when I like a boy and something bad happens. :cry:

*Sigh* I guess I'm just.. lonely.. or something. I don't know.

My other group of friends say that it's okay that I don't have a boyfriend. 13's kind of young for that kind of thing. And yet, I look around, and.. well, you get my point.

My brother didn't start dating until he was 16. Is that how long I gotta wait!? :huh::angry::cry: *sorrowful sigh*

Posted

I gots the same problem. =O

Loneliness is just a horrible thing to have. I experience this a lot, and I just put on a facade to mask it, really.

I've never had a girlfriend, but I'm hideous, so it's understandable. =O

That was a horrid thing for that person to do though. And the guy you liked seemed like a jerk...

Sahaqiel

Posted

I can see where you're coming from, and I understand how you feel. I'm gonna be 16 in a couple of months and I have a semi-relationship. Trying to find someone could be a lot of work. In fact, my 20 year old brother is still single, but I don't think he's tried very hard... :(

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is to be patient. I have no idea if you tried this, but get to be friends with someone you like, first. I met this girl back in the summer of 2004, and I'm just asking her out. Don't feel bad because all of your friends have boyfriends or girlfriends. Be proud that you're unique!

I apologize in advance if this offends you in any way, shape, or form. I know that some of the things I try to say can come out...wrong.

Posted

Oni gave better advice than I think I could...

The thing is,for me,it just happened.I remember how I kept asking for help about it,but even so after that movie deal it just happened.I will tell you this,though...If you don't really live close to each other[like in seperate parts of a town that you can't really walk over to],me and Amaya have this problem,a deviantart chatroom or something is a great way to just sit in there and talk together,just the two of you.That's what we did,and now look.Well,that's really all the advice I can really give you...

Posted

Saria_Kokiri, I am just saying, to find a person that you might think he likes you, and has a good personality. And I really don't think you need to have an age limit, I mean, Im 11, and I have a girlfriend. I found her, because we have the same hobbies, we both have good personalities, and she thinks im handsome, and I think shes pretty, and cute. well, good luck Saria_Kokiri. Hopes you find a good boyfriend soon.

Link Player, out.

Posted

Relationships at any age below 20 are overrated.

They usually lead to nothing but heartache and hatred because neither party is mature enough to be in a serious, committed relationship.

At your age, if you did have a boyfriend, what (appropriate) advantages would there over having a friend who is male?

The answer is, there are none. If you were just friends, then you could still enjoy the companionship part, but avoid the nasty breakups; and if all of your friends have gender-respective friends, then all they are really doing is setting themselves up for a big fall.

In my opinion, you shouldn't really bother yourself with this kind of thing until you are eighteen or nineteen at least.

I could go further, but sadly I would have to take it in the direction of sexual activity; and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me to.

Posted

ha.

mortals and their worldly relationships.

cracks me up every time

Posted

Saria, welcome to the club. *sigh* That's how I feel everytime I read a post by HF about Anna, or anyone talking about happy they are with their GF/BF. At least you don't have to go around your school being constently reminded that 50 other people like your crush and that he's dating. I have to hear someone say that they like him or mention who he's dating every day at school. :cry: It just crushes me into knowing the fact he could never like me...and I see him a million times everyday because his locker is by mine...I just melt whenever I see him...

Posted

actually, thinking about it, with a group of 13 of us working on year in Industry (17-19), only three of us have girlfriends. Obviously, I'm not one of the ones with a girlfriend. Also none of the (3) girls have boyfriends.

Now don't state the obvious or anything...

Posted

Well.. thanks guys.

I do have like 2 guy friends, one at my school and one whos my next door neighbour who is a year younger then me. My neighbour and I went over that he wasn't into me and I.. sort of was, but not really. I said okay, and now we just call on each other from time to time, play some videogames, sports or something, y'know, just be friends, and I'm fine with that.

The one guy at school who is my friend is someone I like. He's really funny, somewhat cute etc. Though I've practically known him since.. well, a REALLY long time, so I doubt he could be my bf or anything.

And I used to really like this one guy in my Band, but I left band to move up to a higher ranking band which he was supposed to come to, but we haven't seen him yet, and I'm not even sure I'll be staying in the high ranking band. :cry:

Y'know, I remember this one guy asking me to be his gf on youtube, and I knew him for awhile, but honestly, that's not a relationship. For god's sakes, we don't even know what we look like! So I obviously turned him down, politely.

Maybe I'll just go crawl in a dark corner or something. :unsure::embarrassed::unsure:

Posted

dark corners are overrated.

Posted

Relationships at any age below 20 are overrated.

They usually lead to nothing but heartache and hatred because neither party is mature enough to be in a serious, committed relationship.

Hah! You got that right! My 14-yr.-old sister went out with our 14-yr.-old neighbor Mikel and now they are ex-ex-ex-ex-exes. It's on and off, with so much drama in between. I mean, you'd think that after 2 breakups, at least ONE of them would have gained a little common sense (because neither party has any) and stop the relationship, but noooooo, they got together in November and broke up in December. It's ridiculous!

...I, however, have only had one "bf" and we lasted from April 2007 to this past Thursday. It didn't work out because he was a guy at my old school, and because I moved in July, we can't see each other, so we mutually called it off on IM. I know, kind of pathetic, but at least I don't go out with my neighbor and French kiss in front of all the kids in the neighborhood, including 7-year-old Katie Crews! :wacko::unsure:

...And I'm twelve, Saria_Kokiri, and we didn't really date. I've never had a REAL boyfriend. :embarrassed:

Posted

Okay... here I go!

I know perfectly how you feel, you know? When I was 13 (wow, that sounds weird) I wanted to have a boyfriend, I had my first kiss, yeah, but the guy left me they day after that. Some boys actually asked me to be his girlfriend, but they just took a step back and say they had changed their mind a day after that (one actually say that 3 hours later :unsure: ).

Well, the first real boyfriend I had was last year, around february. And you know what? I really wanted to know, just like you, how it is to have a boyfriend.

I can tell you that I'm not an expert in this subjet, but I learned that half of the time is great, yeah, yo have someone there for you and everything, but the other half is not that good... I don't know, maybe it was just me in that relationship (we only lasted two months).

What I can say is that you really want to know, the best you can do is wait for a guy that you actually like and that doesn't run away because he hard that you liked him.

This sucks, I know. But don't be sad, I remember something my sister told me once, and that until this very day has been true to me: Love doesn't come until you don't expect it to come.

Believe me, that's true, if you stop thinking about having a boyfriend and dates, I guess boys can tell that you're okay the way you are and you'll be able to have a good conversation with them and then something can come up. But if you are expecting something, maybe they just go away...

I don't know, I'm not an expert, but that's my piece of advice I have. Hope that helped.

And don't be sad, okay? :biggrin:

Posted

I can relate. I'm currently 16. I've had a girlfriend in the past. It really wasn't anything I've expected. Maybe a few hugs and kisses. It was more of a friend thing. I ended up breaking up with her.

but anyways It's probably that year where your hormones go uncontrollably.

I agree with Crusnik. I kinda realized that Highschool/Middleschool relationships are kind of meaningless and overrated.

You can end of getting heartbroken or cheated on and all that Highschool drama nonsense.

On the other hand you can learn a lot and have experience in the future.

Anyways, I wish the best of you. :embarrassed:

Posted

Yeah partners aren't everything. its something everyone should experience (and everyone will at some stage or another) but its no big deal if you don't do it by a certain age. Its not a race. Seriously.

I mean I understand that people get lonely but even if you got a bf / gf, although you may not be lonely they will still drive you insane and cause other problems.. in fact you will probably get more problems from having a partner. I'm happy to stay single for the time being.