Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Batman Beyond

3 posts in this topic

Posted

While I was in the hospital recovering from my surgery I watched a lot of DVD's. A good chunk of my TV shows on DVD collection including the first 3 seasons of LOST and the entire series of Batman Beyond. For those unfamiliar with Batman Beyond, it takes place 50 years in the future in a SciFi version of Gotham presumably built after the massive earthquake that shook Gotham during the "No Man's Land" arc. Well Bruce Wayne now an elderly old man has given up being Batman after using a gun to threaten a thug while he was having a mild heart attack 20 years previous when he was rescuing a kidnapped celebrity. He has lost the controling intrest in Wayne Enterprises to Derek Powers. The company now called Wayne-Powers in developing some kind of biological weapon. Enter Matt McGinnis an employee of Powers who given a disk by his dying co-worker discovers the plot and is killed by powers consigulare Mr. Fix. Matt's son Terry and the rest are led to believe that the Jokerz a street gang named for the long dead Batman villian did it in retaliation for Terry's laying the smack on them earlier. So Terry who found out that Wayne was Batman goes to ask his help in bringing Powers to justice because he found the disk as well and when Wayne tells him to go to the police steals the new technology laden Batsuit and goes after Powers. And seeing that Gotham needs Batman, Wayne decides to allow Terry to be his protoge and heir to the Bat mantle.

Well anyway here is the drawing I was inspired to do after watching all three seasons of Batman Beyond.

post-4364-1199907470_thumb.jpg

Posted

That is pretty good.

I used to watch it a few years ago.

It was a good show.

Posted

That was an awesome show

anyways, excellent drawing. Your colour use is VERY accurate. BUT, while I get what you're trying to do (Terry flying TOWARDS the camera), it's not as clear as it should be.