Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Gender is Majoras Mask?

70 posts in this topic

Posted

So we're sitting in chat, playing Zelda trivia.

Mr. Sahaqiel asks,

"What gender is Majora's Wrath?"

Tappy answers, "Male or unknown" while Fortissimo answers "Female?"

Sahaqiel tells us Fortissimo is right.

"Majora's Wrath has breast and ovary markings."

He shows us a picture of Majora's Wrath.

I respond, "Lol, those "breasts" are Majora's eyes, dude."

Tappy agrees "Yeah lol"

He says "No, those are breast markings. Look."

He shows us this failtastic image...

greoa3.png

"Dude, those are Majora's eyes. He has no breasts."

"No, those are breast markings!

BREAST MARKINGS, OVARIES MARKINGS."

"THOSE ARE EYES AND PELVIS."

"NO, THEY'RE BREAST MARKINGS AND OVARY MARKINGS!"

Now I get angry.

"ARE YOU F***ING RETARDED?! THEY'RE HIS EYES. LOOK AT MAJORA'S MASK AND YOU SEE THOSE ARE EYES!"

"THAT'S NOT MAJORA'S MASK! I WANT TO SEE YOU TRY TO WEAR MAJORA'S WRATH!"

This goes on for a bit, conversing transformations and et cetera.

But I have never met such an IDIOT that thinks Majora's EYES are BREASTS.

Majora's MASK doesn't even have a gender!

[/rant]

Kudos to anyone who read this.

Posted

I congratulate you for being stupid enough to end with "Majora's Mask has no gender" when you refer to Majora as a male frequently.

"Dude, those are Majora's eyes. He has no breasts."

"ARE YOU F***ING RETARDED?! THEY'RE HIS EYES. LOOK AT MAJORA'S MASK AND YOU SEE THOSE ARE EYES!"

I also love how you insult people and people's actions meaninglessly. You're begging for arguement.

He shows us this failtastic image...

When Zelda fans become Zelda morons. A rant slash rave centered around local Zelda moron, Sahaqiel.

Look at the Goron/Zora/Deku/FD Mask. Each of them, (FD Mask, theoretically) have had a spirit enclosed in it.

Would one say they have a gender? Definitely. They each have the spirit of a male in them.

When Link turns into one of these spirits, do we refer to Link as an "it"? No. We refer to Link as a he, even though he has turned into the physical incarnation of a mask/spirit.

If any of you have read the Stone Tower of Babel, many of this is brought up in that theory, so don't think I was bored one day and decided to check Majora's Wrath for ovary markings, OK? OK.

Majora's Wrath has a head, a torso, arms and legs. Perhaps it wasn't always a mask? Did you ever think of that? And plus, Majora's voice is ultra feminine.

From 5:30/35 on, all I hear is a feminine voice.

You've only focused on the breast markings, repeatedly jabbing at me that they are eyes.

I dunno how to break it to you, but Majora already has something to see through.

You've always gone on and on about how the eyes are not breasts and the "ovary" markings are just a pelvis.

That makes absolutely no sense. You would see a mouth if the mask transformed into a humanoid figure with a uniform pattern. But no. You see something extraordinarily similar to ovaries. This and the placement of the eye pattern of the mask don't seem like a coincidence at all.

You also used the oh-so-weak stab at my pride that using my logic, all flat chested women and all fat men are of the opposite gender simply because "my logic would say so". I'm more than sure most fat men do not have something resembling ovaries. I would post pictures, but I'm sure they're not allowed, and I don't want to waste more time doing things like looking up female anatomy to show and compare.

You really are a narrow-minded person, Django. ;/

I swear, you wouldn't last three weeks in a Zelda Theory forum. You're quick to anger at anything that conflicts with your views. I admit, I slip up sometimes, but you get simply rediculous at times.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I congratulate you for being stupid enough to end with "Majora's Mask has no gender" when you refer to Majora as a male frequently.

I also love how you insult people and people's actions meaninglessly. You're begging for arguement.

Look at the Goron/Zora/Deku/FD Mask. Each of them, (FD Mask, theoretically) have had a spirit enclosed in it.

Would one say they have a gender? Definitely. They each have the spirit of a male in them.

When Link turns into one of these spirits, do we refer to Link as an "it"? No. We refer to Link as a he, even though he has turned into the physical incarnation of a mask/spirit.

If any of you have read the Stone Tower of Babel, many of this is brought up in that theory, so don't think I was bored one day and decided to check Majora's Wrath for ovary markings, OK? OK.

Majora's Wrath has a head, a torso, arms and legs. Perhaps it wasn't always a mask? Did you ever think of that? And plus, Majora's voice is ultra feminine.

From 5:30/35 on, all I hear is a feminine voice.

You've only focused on the breast markings, repeatedly jabbing at me that they are eyes.

I dunno how to break it to you, but Majora already has something to see through.

You've always gone on and on about how the eyes are not breasts and the "ovary" markings are just a pelvis.

That makes absolutely no sense. You would see a mouth if the mask transformed into a humanoid figure with a uniform pattern. But no. You see something extraordinarily similar to ovaries. This and the placement of the eye pattern of the mask don't seem like a coincidence at all.

You also used the oh-so-weak stab at my pride that using my logic, all flat chested women and all fat men are of the opposite gender simply because "my logic would say so". I'm more than sure most fat men do not have something resembling ovaries. I would post pictures, but I'm sure they're not allowed, and I don't want to waste more time doing things like looking up female anatomy to show and compare.

I swear, you wouldn't last three weeks in a Zelda Theory forum. You're quick to anger at anything that conflicts with your views. I admit, I slip up sometimes, but you get simply rediculous at times.

Sahaqiel

umm...

i think django's right.

i think majora is male.

i've come to this conclusion because when he gives you the fierce diety mask he says you're the bad guy and he's the good guy.

majora believes itself to be the real good guy

guy's are male.

and i think many view the mask as male because he possessed the male skull kid, this may have confused some.

[/my view]

Gerbillious regards - LDGM

Posted

Fine then, he's MALE. Doesn't help your point, considering they're THE MASK'S EYES.

Also, SPIRITS. We're talking of MASKS, not the SPIRITS.

AND SO WHAT IF HE HAS AN ULTRA FEMALE VOICE?

SO DOES LINK WHEN HE'S HARMED! So he must obviously be a woman even though we know he's male.

Also, by your logic, I could draw breast and ovary markings on anything and instantly it would be a woman.

Here, this can of Axe Deoderant is now a woman.

Any flat-chested girl must be a man, due to lack of /markings/ on their body.

We know they have ovaries but there are no markings so they're /obviously/ male.

Don't seem like a coincidence at all? IT GROWS THE FRICKEN BODY PARTS AS IT TRANSFORMS. HOW DOES THAT COMPLETELY CHANGE /THE MASK/?

Also, thank you, Lightly Dark Garo Master. At least you know what you're talking about.

I'm only defending my views with completely reasonable logic.

Also, this is more or less was to point it out and also vent.

Posted

Yes, shame on you Django for supporting a fact.

If those were really breasts and ovary markings, I am suing Nintendo for every penny they have for releasing a game that contains a woman without any clothing on. *sigh* That there Nintendo, always looking for a way to corrupt children, they have no shame for any sort of protection against this filth! (So now, Django, what was your friend code again? ..)

Posted

aye, i view majora as male.

saha, your words contadict themselves:

you say you think sheik is male, although his/her chest isn't flat.

the same feautre could apply.

besides, the children in the moon are male.

majora is male, sahaqiel is wrong. [/debate]

Posted

I have to agree with Saha. I consider Majora a female. Not only for all of the facts that Saha stated, but just look at the name. It ends with a feminine "a." And, if you google it, Majora is a part in a vagina. Yep. Its called the Labia Majora.

I believe that they are eyes on the mask, until she turns into Incarnation/Wrath, at which point they are now breasts. Clearly. I mean come on, they look like boobs. And her voice is so high. All of the screams and screeches and such.

Thats just my opinion on the matter. I definitely don't think that Saha is an idiot. At all.

Posted

I like how you edited that post. Unfortunately it wasn't fast enough to take my breath away as the lols from reading it did.

There are these two pebbles that look like nipples resting upon larger rocks in my backyard, I am convinced the blades of grass they are beneath are a woman.

They are the eyes of the mask, not breasts!! They don't just 'transform' into breasts! My faith in humanity has dropped even lower.

Posted

Jees. Ouch. I can share my opinions if you can.

Posted

They are the eyes of the mask, not breasts!! They don't just 'transform' into breasts! My faith in humanity has dropped even lower.

Since when did you have faith in humanity?

I have to agree with Saha. I consider Majora a female. Not only for all of the facts that Saha stated, but just look at the name. It ends with a feminine "a." And, if you google it, Majora is a part in a vagina. Yep. Its called the Labia Majora.

I looked up Majorar in french. It's an increase or raise. Not a female genitalia part.

Posted

How the fu** can you start to argue over something as pointless as Majora's gender?! It's a freaking game! This must be the most childish and pointless I've ever seen! It's like malon and linkrcool is back or something omfg. I can't fu**ing believe it.

Posted

How the fu** can you start to argue over something as pointless as Majora's gender?! It's a freaking game! This must be the most childish and pointless I've ever seen! It's like malon and linkrcool is back or something omfg. I can't fu**ing believe it.

Oh and there's already a topic about this somewhere soooo... closed

Posted

Sigh. Here's a crudely drawn paint picture to back me up. Figure 1 looks kinda like a mask, right? Well, what happens when I add a head, legs and arms to the mask? It looks like a chest, right? (Figure 2)

You can't argue that the mask doesn't become Majora's chest.

Majora.bmp

Posted

Oh. I guess I was too late. I'm not sure that I agree with this being closed though. Its a good debate topic.

Posted

umm...

i think django's right.

i think majora is male.

i've come to this conclusion because when he gives you the fierce diety mask he says you're the bad guy and he's the good guy.

majora believes itself to be the real good guy

guy's are male.

and i think many view the mask as male because he possessed the male skull kid, this may have confused some.

[/my view]

Gerbillious regards - LDGM

Guys can reference girls too. Have you ever heard anyone say 'hey guys' to a bunch of girls? It happens.

'Guy' literally taken is reference to a boy, but in colloquial English it can be used for guys, girls, or both. It is genderless.

I'm only defending my views with completely reasonable logic.

Also, by your logic, I could draw breast and ovary markings on anything and instantly it would be a woman.

Here, this can of Axe Deoderant is now a woman.

Uh huh. Very reasonable logic.

I looked up Majorar in french. It's an increase or raise. Not a female genitalia part.

Now your assuming that the English or Japanese word for majora came from the French, which it most likely didnt. Since it is part of a name of the genitalia, then it is most likely Latin, just as almost every other technical name for the human body is. And if its not Latin, then its going to be Greek.

Also, with the voice, Yes majoras wraths' vocie is very high pitched, much like a woman. Links voice may go high too, not quite as high as majora, but this is because he is a child. He has not hit puberty. his voice has not deepened. and Majoras wrath is at least twice as tall as Link, meaning it is most likely a fully grown (whatever it is), and not a child.

When I was in the boss battle, I always thought I was fighting a girl due to the high pitch squeals it makes when its been hit, and due to the bulge on its chest.

Majora's Wrath already has a head which contains it eye(s) - why does it need an extra set on its chest?

And lets face it - its a Mask. Masks dont have eyes. They may have eye holes for the skull kid to see through, but it does not actually use the eyes of the mask.