Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Gender is Majoras Mask?

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, it's Sahaqiel's logic, Zuzu.

Meaning that we both have the same logic at this point.

Also, when I fought it, I felt as if it were a thing.

Majora was a BEAST, according to the manga. The "bad guy" AKA the Fierce Deity, killed the beast and made it into a mask.

Also, because it's taller means nothing regarding it's size. It was a beast, the size means nothing. Now you're assuming it's a human when it's /not/.

Also, examine the mask. You can see it seems to have eye sockets, even after becoming Majora's Wrath. For it's EYES.

Regardless, it is still not a woman, it is an it. Its have high pitched or deep voices. Its can have eyes in it's chest. Its can have ovary markings.

It still doesn't change the fact that it's an it.

Posted

I believe that Majora is male... but not necessarily human.

You do fight him on the moon don't you that leaves aliean magic open for debate?

(Sorry there are probally many things wrong with that last statement, it has been a long time since I played Majoras Mask)

I always thought that the masks had eyes... and not boobs...

Unless in that aliean race they have boobs for eyes.

Then again... some men do seem to stare at boobs instead of eyes when talking to a woman?

does that mean men are from mars?

Posted

Has absolutely everybody here forgotten that this a Japanese game. Therefore anything is possible. In some games, Link himself looks female. Characters look odd, and often gender indeterminable. That said, I agree with eyeoftruth. Its a game, theres no reason to argue about something like the gender of a non-human final boss.

Posted

Okay, so... Wow. I didn't think it would be made into such a big issue. Oh well.

I believe that Majora is male... but not necessarily human.

You do fight him on the moon don't you that leaves aliean magic open for debate?

(Sorry there are probally many things wrong with that last statement, it has been a long time since I played Majoras Mask)

I always thought that the masks had eyes... and not boobs...

Unless in that aliean race they have boobs for eyes.

Then again... some men do seem to stare at boobs instead of eyes when talking to a woman?

does that mean men are from mars?

Okay, so, does this make me a man if I think it's breasts and not eyes~? .-.

But anyways, to me it appears more feminine than masculine, so yeaaah.

I'm just going to keep calling Majora a thing or she?

{Alsolol, in other news, Majora x Link. Determine the gender~~}

Also, editing: Just a pro-tip-crap. Even if the creators did say the true gender of Majora,

People would still make it gender-swapped for their own needs, so there's

Really no point in fighting about it, yeah?

Posted

Sorry, but my Zelda fandom can't bring me to leave this as is without inserting more points.

This is not a way to vent anger or else you would have made a topic title like, "MAJORA IS NOT FEMALE!" instead of making an insult at me.

Now, I'd like to say that your view of my logic is totally wrong. It's not that the markings are there, but that NINTENDO decided to put markings that looked exceedingly like female sex characteristics on THEIR character, who has a high pitched voice, apparently likes to dance in the fashion of a ballerina, has a feminine name, as GM pointed out, which is apparently part of the Latin name for a female sex organ, and if I can get an opinion from anyone, don't the markings on Majora's legs look a lot like striped stockings? Normally people just don't randomly decide to put ovary-like patterns on their characters unless they're implying something.

Also, thing is, the manga is not considered canon by Zelda theorizers because the storyline wasn't made by Nintendo, nor was it approved canon by Nintendo. And last time I checked, most beasts, mythical or otherwise, had gender.

Scylla, a six-headed venus flytrap of a creature, was a female. And it also used to be human, turned to a monster by an angry god. And who's to say Majora didn't used to be a humanoid creature? Its INCARNATION is humanoid. It could have been like Scylla, only turned into a mask. It IS Majora's mask. Implying that Majora either owns the mask, or inhabits the mask. And inhabiting the mask and saying it's yours isn't much different from saying it's "your body."

Oh, also, Ruto was female and had secondary sex characteristics, (Protruding breasts) and she was unclothed.

Go sue for that.

There is more evidence in Majora's feminism than there is in masculinity or neutrality, so I believe Majora is female.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Okay, so... Wow. I didn't think it would be made into such a big issue. Oh well.

Okay, so, does this make me a man if I think it's breasts and not eyes~? .-.

But anyways, to me it appears more feminine than masculine, so yeaaah.

I'm just going to keep calling Majora a thing or she?

{Alsolol, in other news, Majora x Link. Determine the gender~~}

"Some Men" not saying all :)

Okay... lets bring this aspect into play...

If Majora is Female Where are her hips?

I understand all femals are built differently, but seriously...

Majora looks like more of the upside down triangle build (masculine) than the hourglass build (femenine)

To the people Mentioning the iner female reproductive organs...

It seems to me that if a female had ovaries that big she wold have some serious problems.

Posted

Sorry, but my Zelda fandom can't bring me to leave this as is without inserting more points.

This is not a way to vent anger or else you would have made a topic title like, "MAJORA IS NOT FEMALE!" instead of making an insult at me.

Now, I'd like to say that your view of my logic is totally wrong. It's not that the markings are there, but that NINTENDO decided to put markings that looked exceedingly like female sex characteristics on THEIR character, who has a high pitched voice, apparently likes to dance in the fashion of a ballerina, has a feminine name, as GM pointed out, which is apparently part of the Latin name for a female sex organ, and if I can get an opinion from anyone, don't the markings on Majora's legs look a lot like striped stockings? Normally people just don't randomly decide to put ovary-like patterns on their characters unless they're implying something.

Also, thing is, the manga is not considered canon by Zelda theorizers because the storyline wasn't made by Nintendo, nor was it approved canon by Nintendo. And last time I checked, most beasts, mythical or otherwise, had gender.

Scylla, a six-headed venus flytrap of a creature, was a female. And it also used to be human, turned to a monster by an angry god. And who's to say Majora didn't used to be a humanoid creature? Its INCARNATION is humanoid. It could have been like Scylla, turned into a mask. It IS Majora's mask. Implying that Majora either owns the mask, or inhabits the mask. And inhabiting the mask and saying it's yours isn't much different from saying "Majora's body."

Oh, also, Ruto was female and had secondary sex characteristics, (Protruding breasts) and she was unclothed.

Go sue for that.

There is more evidence in Majora's feminism than there is in masculinity or neutrality, so I believe Majora is female.

Sahaqiel

*facepalm**facepalm**facepalm*

*Snip*

*bleeds*

Wow, just...Wow, wow, wow.

One, where did we get Latin into Japanese and Greek mythology? I realize that French means nothing here, because Japanese is a completely different language that branched off nothing from Majora. Majora can be a completely different meaning in Japanese. And Greek Mythology. Where the hell did this come into this?

Two, so what if they look like stockings?! From here it looks like it's arms and body are wearing striped stockings, too. It's a colorful coincidence by the artist(s).

As Gerudo*Warrior said, it looks more like it has a broad reverse-triangle shape than an hourglass shape. More masculine than femenine, though since it has characteristics of both, must be something in the "it" direction.

Oh, and...

* F A C E P A L M *

Posted

Nobody bring up the shiek male/female thing, HE's MALE dangit!!! and majora is genderless, end of story, it's a game, by nintendo, and the first part of the title, says"legend of zelda" so who the heck cares!!!!!! this is stupid!!! If a monster had three eyes you'de call it female!

Posted

I'm late, lol. Ok, I'm still defending Saha on this one, as I was in chat before I got fed up with being called a f**king retard. >_> I stand by the fact that Majora is female. It doesn't matter how large the markings are, they are still there. I call my friends, girl or boy, guys. I say "Hey guys!" to them. "Good Guy" and "Bad Guy" are terms that have been used so for a long time. Now, I wish to peacefully close this.

There are millions of Zelda debates, this is one of them. We all have our opinions and facts to back us up, but we don't know for sure.(except that Sheik is a girl. Dark started it. :unsure: ) Only Nintendo knows for they have every detail. I bet they laugh when they see our debates. The point is, it's pointless to keep this going on. Although I do think an apology is in order to every one Dja insulted.

Posted

hey, this was locke earlier... :unsure:

Posted

Why is this so heated. We're obviously not going to convince everyone. I just don't think that Saha is an idiot at all. I completely agree with him. This is no reason for calling Saha an idiot.

Posted

Nah, the reason he's an "idiot" is the flawed logic and blatant ignoring of what I say that he's seemed to have in the past week.

Posted

Feel free to point out this 'idiotic', 'flawed logic' to the rest of us

I didnt see any.

As for the discussion at hand, I agree that the build of Majoras body is definetly more masculine than feminine, given the broad shoulders and slim hips, Of course, we have to remember that we are dealing with a humanoid creature which may or may not have the same characteristics of a human male or female, however I would still say that there are more hints leaning towards a female Majora than a male one.

Posted

I'm not ignoring. About all you've told me is that Majora is a mask and that my logic would make deodorant bottles into females. You've also told me Link has a high pitched voice when he's harmed, and that's obviously because he hasn't hit puberty as ZuZu pointed out.

You've also used the manga, which is invalid most anywhere, and even though I went into Greek mythology, it's not that farfetched if they were similar anyway.

I mean OoT's Kokiri Forest was derived from effing Peter Pan.

And if you want a Zelda reference towards a beast with a gender, look at the Great Fairy. In Four Swords Adventure, she was turned into a beast. Two, in fact. And did she somehow lose the fact she was female? No. The same goes for the Great Fairy in Oracle of Ages. She was turned into an Octorok, which are apparently aggressive creatures of lower intelligence, or "beasts". Yet it was still a female.

Sahaqiel

Posted

when i fought majora i felt i was fighting a male with a lust for torture.

they're eyes, not breasts on his chest.

also another zelda site shares my opinion that majora is male

this link is to the zelda wiki; the gender says "pesumably male" see for yourself.

majora is most certainly male.

here's the link to my sorce, read the gender box.

my final summary sentence:

majora is as male as shiek is.

regards - LDGM