Grr... >:(

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Why on god's green earth do people not find this musical movie appealing or just hate it in general!!?? :angry:

I'm taking about Phantom of the Opera 2004 Movie Musical BTW.

Well, some people probably just haven't seen it. But I have met tons of people who dont like. I myself am obsessed with it, as I was in 2004.

If you dislike this movie, why?

phantompic.jpg

"Past the point of no return.... no backward glances.. our games of make belief, are at an end..

Past.. all thought of if, or when.. no use resisting.. abandon thought and let the dream desceeeeeend.."

"And listen to the music of the night.. close your eyes and surrender to your dark-est dreams, purge all thoughts of the life you knew beefffooorrre... let your soul take you where you long

to be.."

"I gave you.. my music, made your song take wiiiinng.. and now, how you repay me, denied me and betrayed me... he was bound to love you, when he heard you sing, Christine.."

"

You will curse the day you did not do... all that the Phantom asked of.. you..."

Posted

i haven't seen it. :cry:

Posted

i haven't seen it. :cry:

You should. It's awesome. :biggrin:

Well.. in my opinion.

Posted

You should. It's awesome. :biggrin:

Well.. in my opinion.

well i watched all of the princess bride on youtube.

if i'm bored i might do the same with this film. :embarrassed:

Posted

I haven't seen this versio, but I'd like too. (I've only seen plays of it. :embarrassed: )

Posted

Maybe because this is a remake of a remake of a remake. The story of the phantom of the opera has been around probably 300 - 500 years, you can imagine the number of times its been done. I've seen the 1943 version of Phantom of the opera and liked it more. not sure why, maybe it was more classic?

I liked this one too, but I can imagine some people have seen enough PotO

aside from that, it is a great musical.

Posted

I saw it, It was good. I liked it (so what? a guy could like a musical too, haven't you seen Tenatious D and the Pick of Destiny )

The tune is catchy too

:squint: { Doo do do DOOOOOO do doooo do do DAAAAA!)

some people don't like musicals and like ZuZu said it's a remake of a remake of a remake. so that is probably why.

I like musicals, though.

The only musical I don't EVER want to watch (again) is any of the Highschool musicals, I dislike them with a passion. I'm serious, I would watch anything and I mean ANYTHING to avoid watching that movie again

Posted

Maybe because this is a remake of a remake of a remake. The story of the phantom of the opera has been around probably 300 - 500 years, you can imagine the number of times its been done.

Hmm.. you've got a point there. I myself recently saw the POTO play (forget who played the Phantom and Christine though, darn it!), but it was great.

I first heard about POTO through the 2004 movie. My brother bought it and introduced it to me.

It's one of those things for me that the first time I heard the POTO tale is from the movie, so I like the movie better.

I'm planning on reading the novel soon too, that is, if by some miracle I'll be able to find it.

Posted

I've never seen it, but I love musicals. I'm also one of the few on this site who like High School Musical.*looks at Odin*

Posted

I haven't seen this :embarrassed:

But, I will watch it :D

I mean, I watched Eureka Seven.. and I liked it right? :joy:

So, yeah.... I will look for it :biggrin:

Posted

It shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on the book, after all it is one of the most popular musicals of all time (though im not sure how much a fun musical is to read) but it should still be a good book.

Posted

It shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on the book, after all it is one of the most popular musicals of all time (though im not sure how much a fun musical is to read) but it should still be a good book.

I dont think the book had the musical intent in it. As far as I know, Andrew Lloyd Webber decided to adapt a musical out of it back in 1986.

And the POTO book was published in 1911 I believe, so that's why I thought it'd be hard to find.

And for all the people who posted and have not seen it: I recommend seeing it if you really like musicals. I just love it, but I'm opinionated.

Posted

You dont even have to like musicals to like it :P its great film anyway

Posted

Kira

Posted

Kira

First of all, that's not relevant to this topic.

Second of all.

Phantom. :unsure: