Five facts!

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically, we're all sitting in the HyruleNet living room, and we go around, sharing five facts about ourselves that we feel are worth sharing, or some we think no one would ever expect from us.

So five facts about myself:

FACT ONE

Despite the way I type now (respecting the laws of language by punctuating and capitalizing properly, etc), there was a three-year period of my life where I shamelessly "TyPeD LiKE THiS", spammed punctuation marks!!!!!!!???????!!!!??????!!!!!!!, and instead of verbally communicating my thoughts, I used symbol emoticons such as ^___~ or O.O;;;, and repeatedly used chatspeak like, "LOLOLOLOL!!!", "ROFLMAO!" "OOO00MMGGG!!!" This was roughly fifth grade (when my brother first introduced me to online chatting like AIM and blogging like Xanga) up until the beginning of eighth grade.

FACT TWO

Though English is my first language and virtually all of my friends use it as their primary language, rarely do I speak English at home, where Tagalog and Japanese are primarily used because of my parents, despite both my parents being fluent in English as well. I think that's kind of interesting.

FACT THREE

We all know I write fanfiction, and it's evident from Charm Bracelet that I write my own songs as well (I refused to use copyrighted songs for that story). My writing was so "professional" (no high horse intended) that in fifth grade I was accused of plagiarizing by my teacher on multiple occasions, starting from the second day of school where we had an assignment to write a poem about ourselves, to the point that I was threatened with being held a year back for so-called "academic dishonesty".

FACT FOUR

I would technically be graduating Class of 2009 right now, as opposed to Class of 2010. I skipped the second half of first grade and was put in a second grade class, along with a friend of mine who is still a classmate in four of my classes. Our teacher thought that because we missed the first half of the school year, we weren't ready for third grade, so we were held back. Kind of odd that they bothered to promote us and didn't follow through with letting us go on.

FACT FIVE

I learn songs better on the piano by ear than I do with sheet music. I've taken piano lessons for almost half of my life, but ironically, reading sheet music is still like reading gibberish to me. So I can pick up a song faster just by hearing it a few times, as opposed to having the notes and the chords right there in front of me. Moreover, I cannot learn a song on the guitar without sheet music; if I try to learn it by ear, I'd probably start crying from frustration and have a heart attack from stress.

Posted

Fact One

I have two siblings.. both YOUNGER

Fact Two

I had NEVER went to kindergarten... yep, it's true :cry:

Fact Three

I am a Sci-Fi fan :joy: *cough* Sig should explain *cough*

Fact Four

Can cook

Fact Five

Has a freind who's Dad is a top 10 Ghost Hunter

Bonus facts ^_^

Fact Six

Am afraid of rejection, neglect, and :alone:

Fact Seven

:joy: :joy: All of you guys + 42 "Internet" freinds and 38 "Real Life" Freinds = :wacko::joy: :joy:

Posted

Fact One

In fifth grade, my teacher accused my friend and I of one of us writing the other's report. You see, we had to write neatly, in cursive, and in ink. My friend's handwriting is usually quite sloppy, but when he tries to write neatly, it looks like my normal cursive. So we were talking about to go to lunch, and Mrs. S comes up and asks us who did who's paper. We looked at each other, then back at Mrs. S, and I asked "What do you mean?" She told us that our paper hand the same handwriting. She said she'd talk to us in class. Rick and I knew of our similar handwriting when he wrote neatly. We went to lunch, Rick complaining and I was trying to reason with him that it was unusual. Our friends believed us, knowing we'd never do that. in class we were called out into the hall and asked the same question. We said we wrote out own papers. She gave us our papers, a piece of scrap paper, and told us to write our papers on that. She watched us write. She stopped us when I had 1 1/2 sentences done with a look of shock on her face. She said "I don't believe it." and laughed. She apologized and sent us back in.

Fact Two

I've been the arm wrestling champ in my class since 5th grade.

Fact Three

I've had only 4 crushes in my life, unlike other girls who have had 100 by now.

Fact Four

Like Josh, I can better learn a song by listening to it, opposed to looking at the music.

Fact Five

I used to be able to do a complete split, vertically and horizontally. I had stopped practicing though and now I can't quite make it, but I'm still unnaturally flexible.

Posted

FACT ONE

Im extremely, extremely weird......

FACT TWO

Im unaturally good at video games :wacko: (no lie!!!) i can sit down, read the instruction booklet, and then i only need a few seconds to get used to the controls and BAM!!! im kickin' butt and takin' names :joy:

FACT THREE

My aunt is an ROP firefighter training student, and she's going into the fire academy Spring 2009

FACT FOUR

I am 11 years old and very creative, but no body believes me half the time :(

FACT FIVE

i weigh 135 lbs. and can push myself harder than most people by Psychological determination, i can push myself to work for a looooooong time, or anything else phisical.

Posted

FACT ONE

Im extremely, extremely weird......

FACT TWO

Im unaturally good at video games :wacko: (no lie!!!) i can sit down, read the instruction booklet, and then i only need a few seconds to get used to the controls and BAM!!! im kickin' butt and takin' names :joy:

FACT THREE

My aunt is an ROP firefighter training student, and she's going into the fire academy Spring 2009

FACT FOUR

I am 11 years old and very creative, but no body believes me half the time :(

FACT FIVE

i weigh 135 lbs. and can push myself harder than most people by Psychological determination, i can push myself to work for a looooooong time, or anything else phisical.

Really?

FACT ONE

Like DARK I too am natrally good at video games. The only differnce is I don't have to read the instruction booklet I go strait to the game it's self.

FACT TWO

I only have one friend I see every saterday and then go to school.

FACT THREE

I really DID try to kill myself I just don't remember. I found out by the school's camera. :unsure:

FACT FOUR

I can't speak any other language. (I have a hard time with English it's self.)

FACT FIVE

I think everything and I mean everything is evil. Everyone knows that because I could talk about likeing any game 10 mineuts later... I thinks it's evil. :unsure:

Posted

Fact One:

I was born with and still have an allergy to gluten and/or wheat which are induced in many food products.

Fact Two:

In Grade 2, I almost got detention for wanting to talk to a Secretary. I said I went to the bathroom, but I got caught. Luckily, I got out of it.

Fact Three:

I'm a Phantom Phan, and have been since 2004. :biggrin:

Fact Four:

I have never owned a Gamecube in my life. Okay, that's not really dramatic, but I have seen some people raise an eyebrow or two when I tell them.

Fact Five:

I once had a Great Great Great Great Great Uncle who spoke seven different languages. German, French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish etc. I also had a relative who was an Opera singer.

:biggrin::joy::D

Posted

Fact One:

I can solve a Rubik's Cube in two and a half minutes. Not so great, but hey; a couple of Interwebs videos really can teach you something.

Fact Two:

I enjoy writing short stories (somewhat violent ones, with a touch of Edgar Allen Poe), and I believe I'm pretty good at it.

(If you wanna read one, click here: http://my.hyrule.net/Ganondorf333/shorts.htm ; but I can really only say that I'm finished with "Footsteps". The other one hasn't reached my standards quite so much yet, and the others are written on paper in a drawer in my house somewhere. Gotta type those eventually. :unsure: Yes, it's slight self-advertising. No, I have no shame.)

Fact Three:

I hear (both here and in real life) that I can say the strangest, most random things. I don't see why, though; but I suppose everything I say is a product of demented warpedness of things I think I should say and maybe something I've seen on TV. Gotta love Space Ghost Coast to Coast, people.

Fact Four:

I do play the violin, and much unlike Mr. Josh up thar, I just can't play things from ear. I guess I can play them well with sheet music, but I am quite mediocre. Quite mediocre, indeed.

Fact Five:

I tend to stab for the eyes.

Posted

1) I have awesomely red hair.

2) I'm 5'8'' and weigh 120 lbs.

3) I like anime/manga.

4) I enjoy writing stories.

5) I'm a sig artist. (Everyone probably knew that though. XP)

Posted

1) I'm smarter than most of the people at my school (sometimes even the teachers!)

2) obsessed with metroid...

3) also obsessed with finding a way to renew mana.

4) ... and Lavos (time devourerer too)

5) I'm partly insane because of my GT english class!

Posted

1. My parents are from Luxembourg. A tiny country in europe, and its really rare to meet people from there. The entire country is less than 2,600 square kilometers. There is only about 5 others in australia who are from luxembourg or of luxembourger descent, Though I cant speak any luxembourgish, and only a little french and German (the three main languages of Luxembourg) I plan to learn them all one day.

2. Teachers have recommended to my parents that I should see a psychologist ever since I was six. I never did. I have a very twisted mind with very black humour.

3. When I was younger I took a lot of drugs, but quit after a near death experience.

4. I have nine best friends who I would do anything for. Many of them I have known since childhood.

5. Metal is officially the best music ever. Though I'll listen to anything, Metal is my favourite.

Posted

1. I am currently at University.

2. I got into gaming later in life, but still have my MegaDrive from the mid 90s.

3. I enjoy drawing and painting.

4. In the Summer, I'm moving to London with my b/f and three of our friends.

5. Life is not worth it without tea, red wine and chocolate biscuits.

Posted

FACT ONE

I have four brothers and one sister. Dewers is the youngest, and I'm the second youngest.

FACT TWO

I've been playing video games since I was two.

FACT THREE

I think I suppress rage too much. I've lashed out at my two best friends a number of times. I think I suppress a lot of emotions.

FACT FOUR

I have been told that I can be complete ass with my incredibly cynical sense of humor. Sometimes I don't mean it though.

FACT FIVE

I like writing, drawing and music. As much as I dislike boasting, I'm good at doing all three.

And yes, I agree with AarghZombies: that life isn't worth it without tea, red wine and chocolate biscuits. Except maybe less of the red wine and more potatoes.

Posted

FACT SIX

I am almost blind. My contact prescription is negative four, and if I were to take my contacts out, I would have to sit mere centimeters away from my monitor to read what you people are saying.

FACT SEVEN

I once had long, almost but not quite emo hair. Once side of my face was covered at all times, and it was cut in a manner that it was very choppy and like I did it myself (...because I did).

FACT EIGHT

For every one male friend I have, there are five more female friends to complement. Also, out of the 276 contacts in my cell phone, only 54 are guys, and half of that number are only family members.

FACT NINE

I used my naturally thin body to trick my sister into thinking I was bulimic (I eat massive amounts of food and out of habit go to the bathroom right after), and she believed it and told our parents, who watched me like a hawk for months.

FACT TEN

I said before that Japanese is one of the most used languages in my house. Out of my older brother (20), my little sister (11) and myself, I'm the only child in my family who can speak it fluently.

Posted

Fact 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i have a tendancy to prononce the word "exactly" rather strange

fact 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm currently the 11th highest poster on this site

fact 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

the sinking goron view me as a traitor, and so i've renewed my interests statement...

fact 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~

i have 1 younger brother, who avoids the opposite gender and is very boring & irritating

fact 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the princess bride is my fave film...

Posted

#1 I like pie...... (i just had to get that out of the way :P )

#2 i am very good at video games, i can beat everyone in my family (and used to be able to beat 3 lv. 9's with mario on ssbm and ssb)

#3 i act like an air head most the time, but i'm actually pretty smart

#4 i like butter toast

#5 i can draw good, last time i drew. :unsure: