Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cloverfield

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol. That would of been really cool if the splash was the monster! Ah well. . .

Posted

i wanna see it!!!!! :boohoo:

Posted

That website is awesome ArghZombie!! I really enjoyed reading that. I can't wait to show my dad! :D

Posted

Did anybody notice that part at the end when

As Rob and Beth are in the tunnel and the camera is going out it cuts back to when they were at Coney Island you can see something in the water when the camera was panned out the window.

That was cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

The thing that fell in the water was a satellite. And guess what. I went to see the movie today, and when I got back, I started to do some investigations of my own about the monster. I hope you're all prepared for this...

THE CLOVERFIELD MONSTER IS A BABY!!!

JJ. Abrams said it himself. It was a creature that had been asleep at the bottom of the ocean for thousands of years, and was coming up onto land for the first time in its life. THAT's why it was attacking the city. If you were a baby, being attacked by bombs and whatnot, and had never seen the outside world, wouldn't YOU be scared?

I stick by this theory:

The Cloverfield monster is some sort of amphibian that lived at the bottom of a huge undiscovered ravine at the bottom of the ocean, and was disturbed by an oil rig. It probably got drilled into or something, and so came up to explore. It was seen as a threat by the city, so they called the army. IT WASN'T THE GIANT CREATURE THAT WAS THE THREAT!!! It was the smaller, shrimp-like parasites. Did anyone see what happened to Marlene? That freaked me out big time when she just said "Guys, I don't feel so good..." Then that woman screamed "We've got a bite!". Then those people took her behind that cover, and BOOM! My friend whom I went to see the movie with predicted something like that would happen, clearly he's been watching too much Doom. And before Marlene exploded, did you see the man whose torso had clearly blown up? Same with him. And another part, when the ambulances first come, you see a woman screaming, the camera goes away, then you hear this big SPLAT!!! All in all, I could remember 4 different forms of scariness:

The part where they were in the tunnel and got attacked: Plain horror.

The body exploding: Gore.

The part where the monster leapt out of the dust and attacked the chopper: Thriller.

The bit where Hud gets eaten: Sci-Fi.

I was a bit disappointed with the ending, though.

Posted

I completely agree with freckle. Except I don't think that the little crab things were in any way related to the big guy. They probably just also lived down there, feasting on the bacteria on the big one or something. When he came up and attacked the city, they came up with him.

Posted

And today it came out on DVD!!!!!!!!!! I rented it already.

WOOO!!