Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cloverfield

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I actually heard that it wasn't too great. . .

Posted

The only people I've heard that from are the retards who have no respect for good filmmaking, and would rather watch some slapped together piece of crap like Hostel or Saw.

Posted

The Sequel is already in the works it'll be called Cloverfield: Greyshot (working title) it'll take place during the events of Cloverfield but through the lense of another camera and might feature actors from the first one in passing.

Posted

This movie looked interesting..

Though I doubt I'll see it.

Posted

Geez DT82 you sure know your movie monsters.

This movie does look good i'll wait till it comes out on the movie channels.

Posted

Probably because it wasn't shot in the usual way movies are made in. It was made in the form of a home movie. You only actually see the big monster in the movie for about three minutes total, and the small monsters for about 6-7 minutes total. If you think about it, though, if this was a real video someone shot in this situation they wouldn't try to videotape the monsters only when they were being attacked/was there. and you never really see the the entire monster either, just one of the little monsters you see completely. And it didn't really have that much of a plot, it was mostly just "RUN!!!"(just like it would actually be) and it was very very short only about 75 minutes, but like the rest of the parts of it that is how it would be if this were real. If I was in this situation filming this(if I was filming at all) it wouldn't be a big two hour motion picture, it would be short, not very informative, and probably end in me dieing. thats how I think the makers of it wanted it to be. I just didn't like that you never know the outcome of it all. you don't know if the monster dies, where the monster came from, or what the monster is. So I think that is why people didn't like it.

Posted

Probably because it wasn't shot in the usual way movies are made in. It was made in the form of a home movie. You only actually see the big monster in the movie for about three minutes total, and the small monsters for about 6-7 minutes total. If you think about it, though, if this was a real video someone shot in this situation they wouldn't try to videotape the monsters only when they were being attacked/was there. and you never really see the the entire monster either, just one of the little monsters you see completely. And it didn't really have that much of a plot, it was mostly just "RUN!!!"(just like it would actually be) and it was very very short only about 75 minutes, but like the rest of the parts of it that is how it would be if this were real. If I was in this situation filming this(if I was filming at all) it wouldn't be a big two hour motion picture, it would be short, not very informative, and probably end in me dieing. thats how I think the makers of it wanted it to be. I just didn't like that you never know the outcome of it all. you don't know if the monster dies, where the monster came from, or what the monster is. So I think that is why people didn't like it.

I think the whole "Home Video" feel of it makes it more realistic. You think to yourself this is the kind of thing if it happened you would see the video on Youtube an hour later. That's just the time we live in Can't wait for "Cloverfield 2: Greyshot" Another personal experience during the creatures rampage caught on personal video devices. It's gonna be choice and we might even see what happens to Rob and Beth as well as the creatures origin. And if you stay after the credits you

will hear static crackle and the words "Help us"

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c...field059fu3.flv

and also if you replay it backwards you hear something like

Posted

Stupid ending is stupid icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

Give me closure, darn it.

Posted

Well, after Odin's description of why it isn't very good, I really want to see it! :joy:

Posted

I just need to saw one thing. I saw it, It is not for the littler viewers.

Posted

It really shocks me when people say it sucks. I actually found it to be one of the coolest movies I've seen in a while... Not as good as American Gangster in terms of recent films, but it's pretty damn cool. It's funny, it's freaky, it's very human in its presentation. Not to mention that the whole thing takes place in about a single night.... how much character development do you expect? Are you expecting A Beautiful Mind or something? I seriously think that people who say it sucks are just the people who like going against the hype. I'd say they have pretty crappy taste if they don't know a good movie when they see one

Posted

I just saw it. ^_^

I'm impressed. The guy filmed a lot more than I thought he would. It was crazy when Jason gets owned on the bridge.

Well, I liked it.

Did anyone else notice Mr. Alien drop from the sky in the background of the Ferriswheel scene towards the end?

Posted

SPOILER I THINK

Hey Odin by any chance is this the monster from the movie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kJmcwGRiKWc

and will someobyd tell me how to embed??

that would be real

and you embed by copying the 'embed' link next to the video that you're watching, and straight up copying that exact thing into here.

Posted

Saw the film at a press preview today. There are some problems with the film, but put those aside and its a very enjoyable monster film. Obviously, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece but I think some of the 5 star reviews are a bit generous. The hand-held stuff didn't bother me, after a while you don't notice it.

The subway scene was incredible!

When they turned the night-vision on, you just knew there was going to be something there...

it was a watch-through-fingers moment.

Oh, and the splash at the end of the film sadly wasn't the monster. It was a satellite that is part of the viral marketing campaign for the film.

Read the rest of the IMDb FAQs, they're really informative.