debate over zora to rito evoloution

100 posts in this topic

Posted

I could find Zola on wiki any more but I found this at Zelda Universe:

Zola

Zola is the name given to any female Zora who turns against Hylians and chooses to live a life of violence. They normally hide underwater, then spit fireballs at anyone who walks by.

Posted

Fair enough. I'll accept the fact that all Zolas are female, but I still think you're wrong about the zora not evolving into rito.

Posted

fine you can not believe my theories. I don't care as long as at least one person sees my point

Posted

1: I never said that the kokiri had no reason to evolve.

2: you turn into a Deku in MM, not a kokiri (If you can't get that right, then you're a pretty ignorant person/zelda fan).

3: Zolas have nothing to do with this and they prove nothing.

4: You so crazy!

Posted

No zora's just... died. If they didn't explain why there was a zora ghost. THEY ALL DIED. Then the goddess must have made new people or something like that.

Posted (edited)

No zora's just... died. If they didn't explain why there was a zora ghost. THEY ALL DIED. Then the goddess must have made new people or something like that.

the ghost is because gannon took the zora's soul.

They evolved into rito when hyrule sank because they could not get the thing they needed to live.

there is a huge air pocket in the ocean around hyrule. They could not escape so the evolved into winged creatures to fly out.

Note: the mountains of hyrule were at the edges of the air pocket. so if they climbed up the mountain to get out they would die trying

Edit:I made a chart to show this theory

evolution.jpg

Edited by deku nut (see edit history)

Posted

if they all just died, then they wouldn't have any descendants, but noooo medli is a descendant of a zora (descendant = reverse of ancestor if anyone fails to realise that). The only possible way to contradict the evoluton theory is the crossbreeding thing, which I think is unlikely. Rito's had never appeared before (and would make excellant postmen in the past as well), so they've evolved from something or other.

Posted

How do you know Medli didn't find the crest of the zora thing, and steal it?

Posted (edited)

Not saying this is an end-all, but here's a little quote from Eiji Aonuma

"They establish that the forms that were the Zora race that appeared in “Ocarina of Time” evolved into the Rito race, and the Kokiri race left the forest and turned into the Korok race."

Also, there are no such things as "Zolas", only Zoras (and river zoras). "Zolas", along with the "all women" thing were mistranslations by NoA.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/text/z1t.../z1enemies.html

Edited by TheManInTheMoon (see edit history)

Posted

btw: there's some good theories in the thread "The Monster at Lake Hylia", paticularly by Ganon's Girl. (Page 4 I think.)

Posted (edited)

I've been thinking about this, and I do think that the Zoras evolved into the Ritos. Here's what I think happened.

We all know the gods flooded Hyrule when the Hero of Time did not appear when Ganon returned, and that they ordered the people to flee to the mountain tops so they wouldn't be killed in the flood. My friends and I have thought that the Zoras wouldn't need to worry about Hyrule flooding since they can swim, but I thought a flood, especially a powerful one, could easily sweep Zoras away, and could possibly kill them if they crash into anything, depending on how fast they are going.

Since the Ritos live on Dragon Roost Island, and that's a volcano, I think that the Zoras fled to the tops of Death Mountain. I'm not sure what happened to the Gorons, but many of them may have perished in the flood since Gorons can't swim. The Zoras had no other island to live on since many of the other islands, big enough for people to live on, had already been settled, and if all the Zoras had tried to live on one of those islands, there simply wouldn't have been enough room. The Zoras couldn't stay in the water all of the time since they need to be on land most of the time as well as in the water.

For a while, the Zoras didn't know how they could live most of their time on Death Mountain or in the Great Sea. The heat from the volcano would dry them out. Also, the water of the ocean was not the temperature they were accustomed to- either cool during the day or warm at night. Zoras are sensitive to changes in the water. Because of all this, the Zoras were in danger of extinction. That is, until they met a dragon, the spirit of the skies who had lived atop Death Mountain, named Valoo. Perhpas, the goddesses had sent Valoo to aid the Zoras. Valoo told them that he could help them adapt to their new home on Death Mountain and around the Great Sea, but they and their descendents would never be the same. The Zoras agreed to accpet Valoo's help since they were in danger of dying off. Valoo then gave each Zora a special scale. These scales changed the Zoras from humanoid fish to humanoid birds. Valoo told them that when they had children they would need to come to see him to receive this scale so they could grow wings. After this, the Ritos became involved in the postal service throughout the Great Sea because they discovered they could use their new pair of wings to travel easily across the Great Sea.

Edited by TwiliGirl (see edit history)

Posted

How do you know Medli didn't find the crest of the zora thing, and steal it?

She wouldn't have been the correct descendant and she wouldn't have had the power to become a sage.

Twiligirl, that sounds like a good theory, especially with it tying in with Valoo giving the ritos the scales.

Posted

Wow. This is one intense debate. But I have something else to add.

In Phantom Hourglass, we are introduced to a whole new section of the great sea. Completly different from that in Wind Waker. In this brand new great sea, we find the Gorons, and are introduced to strange ice people called Anouki. If the Gorons managed to survive, then the zoras probobly did too and may just be in another brand new section of the great sea yet to be discovered by Link.

Posted

She wouldn't have been the correct descendant and she wouldn't have had the power to become a sage.

Twiligirl, that sounds like a good theory, especially with it tying in with Valoo giving the ritos the scales.

Tusea. You are a worthy debater. I have nothing more to say right now.

Posted

Wow. This is one intense debate. But I have something else to add.

In Phantom Hourglass, we are introduced to a whole new section of the great sea. Completly different from that in Wind Waker. In this brand new great sea, we find the Gorons,

yes, but there were gorons in ww to.

(the merchants)