debate over zora to rito evoloution

100 posts in this topic

Posted

I for one believe that the zora are reptilian in nature. And have a couple of reasons why,

1) They lay eggs.

2) They can exist both on land and in water.

This makes it highly plausible that not only did the zora evolve into the rito in the adult timeline like the dinosaurs evolved into birds, but also that the Zora may be distant cousins of the Oocca.

Posted

They can stay underwater for a long time (maybe forever) but can breathe air, so who knows what they are. I'd just say they're fish with legs and a weird breathing apparatus since they smell like fish in MM. Of course, evolving from fish to reptiles to birds seems like too long of a chain for a few hundred years, so who knows?

Posted

Also if the sages where related by blood, then wouldn't that mean that Medley is a princess?

Posted

Maybe the zoras are all dead after being frozen. Too many died from it and only like 10 survived or something and they couldn't procreate in time and all died. I dunno. What LL said makes sense. It's very hard to believe the Rito evolved from the Zoras. But, the Rito aren't exactly flying creatures by nature. They have to earn their wings from Valoo. So maybe there's something to it.

Posted

Has anyone suggested the possibility yet that there are still plenty of zoras underwater, and they all just puppyed off somewhere? I mean shit, they have an entire ocean now, not just a "domain." Maybe they're like the gorons and they just found somewhere new to live that wasn't constantly under threat of ganon or something. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few zoras in whatever the next game is in the windwaker timeline.

Posted

I also don't think that the crest on her chest is zora's sapphire, isn't it one of the essences of time from oracle of time?

Posted

the symbols are one and the same. The symbols first appeared in Oracle of Time, but have been repeated in many games since then, almost always symbolizing Nayru and Wisdom.

Posted

If going by the timeline have they actually disappeared from existence after being existed?

Posted

wut?