debate over zora to rito evoloution

100 posts in this topic

Posted

No they're differnt because TWW is 100 years after OoT, and TP is about 200 years atfter OoT. How can they change from zora to rito to zora again in 100 years.

That's all I have to say about that. For now.

Thos figures have never been stated, in fact, TP is a "few decades" after Ocarina of time and Wind Waker is "several centuries", no idea how you got those figures there...

It's also completely discounting the split timeline theory, sadly a lot of things come back to the order of which the games come in and that's a fairly big thing...

Posted

Thos figures have never been stated, in fact, TP is a "few decades" after Ocarina of time and Wind Waker is "several centuries", no idea how you got those figures there...

It's also completely discounting the split timeline theory, sadly a lot of things come back to the order of which the games come in and that's a fairly big thing...

I think it said at the begining of WW it says "100 years pasted and the hero never came." Or something like that. Then I read on some website a month or or so after I joined that TP was 200 years after.

Don't ask where I found it many months ago.

Posted

I just decided to get a youtube to make sure and that's not mentioned anywhere. They say it's "generations", long enough for the story to become a legend, several hundred years, between when the hero appeared to banish evil the first time and when evil reappeared. Then the kingdom got taken over, then it was lost and then that kingdom itself became a legend, which would be after another several hundred years.

You know, I know it's off topic, but looking at this starting sequence again, it points a lot towards lttp as well, like a mixture of elements from lttp and OoT

Posted

I still don't belive it. Don't forget i'm, apparently, stubbern like a mule and I won't belive it.

Posted

o, I was just disputing your dates, I wasn't even really disagreeing with you on the other points, not agreeing either, but I do like to sort out timeline stuff when there's at least some solid reference material.

Posted

o, I was just disputing your dates, I wasn't even really disagreeing with you on the other points, not agreeing either, but I do like to sort out timeline stuff when there's at least some solid reference material.

I was done talking about the years and stuff. I was back to the disscussion, and I was saying that I still don't belive that rito's evolved from zora's.

Posted

As previously stated, there is a direct relatence between zoras and rito; zoras evolved into rito, this is a well known FACT. Why is this stupid topic here? It's like you're all ten!

Posted

Those are a subspecies of Zora known as Zola. They're the same creatures from other Zelda games that spit fireballs at you from rivers/lakes.

Zolas are all female. Just a little thing I had to mention.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!!! THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK TO ALIKE. ZORAS HAD NO NEED TO EVOLVE, SO WHY WOULD THEY. I used to believe but now I don't. MY cousin and I used to think it was they were fresh water , but that has been proven wrong. As to the sage issue... Cross-breeding.

Posted

zoras aren't all female, where did you get that from? There's one in majoras mask that dies that's male for certain and that's just the start...

To be fair, the sage issue could be cross breeding, but it would seem unlikely, we evolved from fishy type things ages ago, so the fact they look nothing alike doesn't hold any water ( lol) in the evolution theory.

Posted

zoras aren't all female, where did you get that from? There's one in majoras mask that dies that's male for certain and that's just the start...

To be fair, the sage issue could be cross breeding, but it would seem unlikely, we evolved from fishy type things ages ago, so the fact they look nothing alike doesn't hold any water ( lol) in the evolution theory

Right but Zolas are.

I hat groan induscers, but it might. Look at one of those ape to man charts, several sub-evolutions, and we still look similar. How many sub-evolutions do you think they weld have gone through were this theory true?

Posted (edited)

Zolas are all female. Just a little thing I had to mention.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!!! THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK TO ALIKE. ZORAS HAD NO NEED TO EVOLVE, SO WHY WOULD THEY. I used to believe but now I don't. MY cousin and I used to think it was they were fresh water , but that has been proven wrong. As to the sage issue... Cross-breeding.

I can't believe I'm posting here again...

With what you said we can also say that the Kokiri had no reason to evolve into the Koroks, but they did anyway. The reason for Zora evolution is to avoid conflict with monsters. In OoT, the strongest enemies were on land, and in WW they were in the sea. Therefore, the zoras evolved into Rito. To easily support this theory, I can stae this fact: The ancestor sage of the koroks that was seen playing a violin was a Kokiri, because (as stated in the game) the Kokiri are the koroks' ancestors. With this we see that, because the ancestor sage of the Rito is a Zora, the Rito must have evolved from the Zoras. So what if the Zoras don't look like Rito; the kokiri don't look like koroks either. Cross-breeding my left foot! L.O.L.

Edited by quazy1 (see edit history)

Posted

No. The Kokiri had reason. How well do you think they can swim? So they evolved in to a species that didn't have to. ALSO the Kokiri couldn't leave Kokiri Forrest. Well Kokiri Forrest was flooded so they evolved so they could leave and survive. The Zoras could live in saltwater and I'm sure they can defend them selves (or else you'd die with in five seconds of turning into one in MM). SO they had no true reason to abandon their original forms. And there are Zora warriors. Back to my point of all Zolas are female. I learned this on wiki, but

I still think it's trustworthy: Zolas are female Zoras who went towards evil and were exiled from the peaceful zoras. They aren't a subspecies. Soooo that proves Zoras didn't evolve, if you ask me.

Posted

how is a subspecies forming proof that the main species didn't evolve?

Posted

THEY AREN'T SUBSPECIES!!!

Posted

If the zora aren't the rito, then what in the world happened to them? The zora obvously don't spend their whole life in water, so they have to have a town or city somewhere above water that they live in. Furthermore, the zora would need to trade with the hylians for things they cant produce, so they have to appear somewhere near other settlements if there are any left. Finally, for your quote about zolas being evil zora females, I would like to see where this wiki got its information from.