Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I feel so alone. . .

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Most everyone that I know, including the people who I care for the most, have tried pot atleast once. I know that its not that bad of a drug, but I've seen it ruin so many people. People who can't go 5 hours without a joint or they'll break down.

Everyone around me is trying it. Treating it like a joke. Telling me that I should do it for the experience. I don't give a damn about the bloody experience. I just feel, well, lame. Like an uptight ninny. I'm disappointed in my friends, but I'm not in any position to judge seeing how I've never tried it.

I absolutely hate when people insist that its impossible to have fun without drugs or alcohol. That's stupid. People who say that stuff need lives. I hate it when people talk about how they'll have so much fun getting wrecked and remembering nothing in the morning. In that case, does it even matter? But the thing that I hate the most is when people use it as "inspiration." Like they can't do anything without it. People are plenty creative without crap going through their system.

And yes, I know that marijuana is just a herb. I don't care. I've seen people get overwhelmingly addicted. Get ruined. Ruled. But then again, maybe I'm just an uptight ninny. When a friend tells me that they've just done it, I can't help but lose respect for them, which I know I probably shouldn't. Its not a big deal, right? Whats my deal? I'm so confused. :cry:

I guess that my most prominent fear is that I'll like it. That I'll like it and try again, then again, then again, etc. etc. etc. I'm afraid I'll get addicted and try other things.

I'm determined to stay strong and avoid drugs, I just feel so alone. I don't have any friends who haven't. It'd be so much easier if there was someone that I could be with through this, but there isn't. In this subject, I'm so alone. :cry:

I'm ashamed and I don't know why.

Posted

GM, good for you! Good for you for staying in that position. Drugs are never the answer.

This brings me to the question of, 'Did your friends listen/understand that D.A.R.E program back in Gr 6?' Or.. well whatever grade they did it in? (I did it in Gr. 6)

Getting, 'wrecked' and not remembering what happened the night before ain't cool! It's downright idiotic! It's basically stating, 'Hey guys, I went and jumped off a cliff last night, and when I woke up, I was in my bed with a broken arm and leg and and I don't remember even why I did it! Man what a crazy night!"

Pfft.

You're not an, 'uptight ninny' as you say, you're just being cautious and careful. If you're that worried about this whole ordeal, talk to one of your friends. Don't exactly say, 'I don't want to take pot', say something like, 'why exactly are you guys taking this stuff? I mean, I was reading about it on the internet...' etc., and then maybe go on about some bad stuff that could happen to a person if they take pot. & if they offer it to ya, just say no, or think up an excuse.

Just a suggestion.

Posted

Why GoronMerchant?

You are not alone on this subject ;)

I have made a vow to myself that I would NEVER do drugs for as long as I live. You are right... it just wrecks lives. I have a ex-friend who did drugs many times. I didn't know this at the time. When I found out that she was doing drugs... she was already doing marijuana and beer. I wanted to make her stop, but I never got the 'oomf' to help her :cry: I still want to, but she thinks I am a 'goody-too-shoes' :unsure: *sighs* She tried to get me to smoke marijuana once, and I turned it down in a SPLIT SECOND. Then, I called my mom to pick me up from her house. The next day, I said that it might not be good to be freinds anymore. So... that is how she became my "ex" friend >_> So, another point to make. It is alright to be dissapointed in your freinds. I was with this particular freind. And also, when I got into High School, I made A LOT of friends, and they don't do drugs at all. And to tell you the truth, they were MUCH cooler to hang out with then the freind who did drugs :D So, see.... if you REALLY feel alone, then try and make new friends. And, don't feel ashamed :joy:

Posted

That's stupid. People who say that stuff need lives.

Literally.

Don't think as pot as just an herb. It's poison, plain and simple. Honestly, is there any pure, good side effects? No. Even if it makes you more popular, it won't last. You'll die. No doubt about it. All those people you know that are doing pot? They're dieing right now. Every teeny little molucule in pot wiull shorten you life greatly. Your right. It does ruin lives. It ends lives. You're being very strong resisting it. I'm not just saying that. Those people who try it are weak. The don't have enough self control or common sense not to try it. So hang in there man! I know you can do it! :thumbup:

Posted

Dude. O_o

Your friends need help.

I know any basic sense of comradery will prevent you from telling anyone about it, but try to reason with them.

I admit, at 6 or 7, I took two puffs of a cigarette.

It's totally pointless and lung constricting. (I didn't know any better, ok?)

However, you do know better. Don't even humor them. It may cause a ton of risks and physical/mental ailments. If they want to get high and sit on a couch for days on end only to wake up with a week of wasted life, please, for the love and honor of everything decent, don't join them. I'll lose all respect for you.

And that's quite a lot of respect lost.

And seriously, what the

Posted

Thank you guys. A lot. All of you are very meaningful.

But keep in mind that my friends aren't exactly "bad people." Not at all. Some of them are the most innocent people you'd meet. They just get pressured and want "the experience." They're just confused. Most of them have only tried once or twice though. Maybe a bit more. I love them, I just don't feel comfortable when they even talk about it. Its dumb. For the experience? Wtf?

Of course there are also the others. The kind who want it way too badly. Who think its the coolest thing in the world. . .

Whew. I don't know how I feel. I definitely want to stick with (most of) them, its just not something that I can just look the other way about. These are people that I've known from up to 11 years. They're family. More than family. I just don't want to see them do anything bad to themselves.

Posted

GM, I'm glad you are keeping strong and not trying. There's a saying that fits this: "Stand up for what is right even if you are standing alone." Everyone here at Hyrule.net is standing with you, but not physically by you. Marijuana is a Gateway Drug. It'll cause them to, most likely, try other drugs, too. Talk to them, try to find out why they tried in the first place. GM, DON'T give in to the pressure. Just remember you're doing the right thing. You only care about your friends and want to help them. I don't have a first-hand experience with this problem but I've had some in many others with my friends. I've even talked my friend out of suicide! I know that you can help your friends like I've helped mine.

Also, quick fact about Marijuana: It's the only drug that damages reproductive cells, when they meet that special person, they won't be able to have kids.

Posted

To cut a realllllllly long post short and sweet....:drugs are pointless poison that ruin everything and always seem to take control of the people that do them, it's like sticking a burning match in your brain.

I stand alone in MANY things that are right. I too have sworn to NEVER drink smoke or do drugs. they ruin your life and make everyone you know feel like sh**.

I stand alone in ridiculous things too.......like halo is awesome...spartans were REAL!!!!! dang you....and other stuff :P

Posted

For the record, Arcanelord, pot does not have a single recorded death in history. It has never killed anyone. Ever.

it may (or with extended use, will) cause a huge amount of mental problems, but it will never be a cause of death.

Posted

Bah. Drugs are stupid, stupid things. Completely pointless murderous things to do to yourself.

Saha's right, it's like putting your brain in a frying pan on high heat.

I made a vow to myself, when I was nine years old, that I would never, ever even try drugs.

I'm really impressed with you Goron Merchant, to stand strong like that. It seems so hard, with so many of your friends taking the crap.

Don't fall for drugs Goron Merchant. They're not worth it.

Posted

Contrary to what a lot of you believe, marijuana is renouned for it's medicinal properties, namely pain-killing.

Of course, that is not to say that I support the illegal use of it.

Posted

Well, good job. I know what thats like, to be 1000% honest, both my older brothers did pot, crack, heroine, etc. and they drank too. One time, when I was five, I was up REALLY late waiting for my parents to come home because my older brother was unconscious because he was so drunk. It was nasty he was all covered in... well lets say he saw his booze again. I thought he was dead, but luckily he wasn't. And the worst part of it now is I have to be a good example for my little brother so he doesn't end up like that either, so I know what you mean.

Posted

I've made it a habit of not asking my friends if they do things like that. Finding out that my friends do things of that nature completely change my thinking about them.

I had a friend in middle school that drank, smoke more than just cigarettes, cut, and the while nine. But she had enough respect to at least tell me not to end up like her and stay away from alcohol and drugs. I respected her for that much, that she didn't pressure me into anything.

Posted

But keep in mind that my friends aren't exactly "bad people." Not at all. Some of them are the most innocent people you'd meet. They just get pressured and want "the experience." They're just confused. Most of them have only tried once or twice though. Maybe a bit more. I love them, I just don't feel comfortable when they even talk about it. Its dumb. For the experience? Wtf?

Of course there are also the others. The kind who want it way too badly. Who think its the coolest thing in the world. . .

Whew. I don't know how I feel. I definitely want to stick with (most of) them, its just not something that I can just look the other way about. These are people that I've known from up to 11 years. They're family. More than family. I just don't want to see them do anything bad to themselves.

If drugs are gettng in the way of your friendship, then maybe you just need to stop being around that person as much. I have stopped hanging around several friends because of things like drugs, and a few of those friends were people I've known for 12-13 years. You're friends might even quit doing drugs if they see it hurts their friendship with you. If you can't do that, at least make sure your friends know that you don't like them doing drugs or talking about them around you.

Posted

Alright. Thanks everyone. I feel a lot stronger now.