Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Losing Faith in Government

21 posts in this topic

Posted

My state, without my knowledge until today, was thinking of passing an anti-gay marriage bill.

WHAT.

THE HYPOCRITES. =.=

They say in the constitution, you're allowed to pursue any happiness, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. And what's gay marriage gonna do? Be a LITTLE more creative, maybe! That's all!

They're breaking what they promised never to break by this.

If I seem a little whiny, do forgive me.

But I really can't stand that kind of crap. You just KNOW they'll pass it... I don't care what they say. I'd propose to my girlfriend anyway, especially my current one, even if they banned it. I'm gonna pursue my damn happiness anyway.

And on the way home, my dad speaks to me about how the US is unique in accepting all kinds of people.

I was THIS CLOSE to face-palming myself.

I've told about like, all my friends 'bout this, so, if you're sick of it, forgive me...

And if you have any arguements for (Or against, you better have some VERY GOOD reasons...) gay marriage...

Feel free. <3

Posted

Your completely right Vivi. Banning Gay Marriages is so, so, so stupid. I mean, come on!

What harm could it possibly do to anyone?!

Posted

Boycott Bush and the Government lol.

But seriously, that is a really stupid law. And if they promised all that, they're contradicting themselves BIG time!

Gosh, hope this doesn't get passed.

Posted

move to England, that kind of thing is allowed here.

Actually, I can't think of many British laws except for the obvious ones, and some stupid ones, like appararantly it's treason to put a stamp with the queen's head on upsidedown.

Posted

your mistake vivi, was having faith in the government in the first place. ;)

Posted

If you care that much then why don't you do something about it? You could make a protest if you wanted to, or write a letter to one of the politicians supporting the law.

Posted

ZuZu: >> I never really did. I just hate them more now.

Knuckle: .-. ...They wouldn't listen. They prolly get this everyday, and nothing's happening.

Posted

Well, It looks like you're stuck then. I guess the only thing you can do is move to another state.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been in a gay pride parade?

Posted

I think people should be able to get married to who ever they want...I guess.

Posted

Zuzu made me smile. :biggrin:

Posted

Zuzu makes EVERYONE smile...

And mum wouldn't let me go to a parade. =w= She'd think I might get shot or something.

Posted

They've lied and lied and were did that end us up in??? NOWHERE

Do what you want and don't bother with BUSH, cause he's :crazy: and :wacko:

-Jamison

Posted

I wouldn't say that Bush is crazy, and he is definitely a better president than Al Gore or John Kerry would have been. Also, Vivi's problem has nothing to do with Bush because the law is only in her state, so it's the governor who is crazy if anyone.

Posted

ZuZu: >> I never really did. I just hate them more now.

Knuckle: .-. ...They wouldn't listen. They prolly get this everyday, and nothing's happening.

I say write a letter anyway. You never know until you try.

I'm all for gay marriages! I mean, how could it hurt anyone? Just because of someone's orientation they can't get married or be happy?! WTF?! I can't stand Hippocrates. I'm one myself sometimes in small problems but this, this is BIG. They contradict the constitution?!

Posted

And what state is this? I want to go there and bust the skulls of every person I see in a government building.