Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

hkqefihgvsdfhkbvsdfahigvldfdyifas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Every time I think of this it just makes me mash the keyboard!!! Okay, hopefully you'll read this...

Yesterday was my first day of 7th grade. Me and my friends were sitting down at a table at recess, and a group of 6 or 7 girls came up to us. I asked them what they wanted, and they asked if I would go out with their friend. I said "No", doing what most people would do in an immediate situation like that, and when I turned around, I saw a glimpse of a girl running off. Obviously that was their "Friend", and when I asked one of my friends what she looked like, he said she looked like a hideous freak. Well, later that day, I saw her again, and what my friend said was NOT TRUE. In the short time that I didn't see her, I'd gone along with what my friend said, and now I wish I hadn't. I've really come to like her. Now they expect me to go along with it permanently. What should I do? Lose my friends, or lose what could be one of the best friends I ever have? It just angers me!!! Somebody please help!!! What should I do...?

Posted

It really just depends on your view of things. My friends and I have fought over girls before.....I say go for the girl. Iunno why...It's just a gut feeling.

Posted

Simply put, your friends sound like douchebags, and if I were there, I wouldn't mind swinging a brick upside their heads.

But unfortunately I don't have that option available.

Dude, you're in Grade 7, and I understand how crappy and complicated relationships and friendships can get. But dude, if your friend is straight-up being a jerk to what clearly sounds like a girl who doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, and you're just letting it happen, you aren't solving any problem. In fact, that IS the problem.

You know why people say Jr. High and High School suck? It's because of moments like these, and they ended up doing the opposite of what they know they should have done.

You don't want to lose your friends, and dude, I totally understand that. But you're no better than they are (and from what I've just heard, it sounds like swamp water is worth more than they are) if you don't stand up for someone like that girl. Don't let them influence your decision to be her friend. They make a joke about her, tell 'em to back off. I don't mean turn into the Hulk or whatever. I mean straight-up tell 'em "You're being a douche. She's really cool, so knock it off". Unless they're absolute retards, they'll respect your decision. If they don't, just tell 'em to shut up.

Obviously, it sounds like you're really starting to value your friendship with this girl. If I were you, I'd tell her about your situation, and apologize for your idiotic friends. You didn't really know her, and you just kinda went along with your friends. But now that you know her, you realize you were being a jackass before, and that you're sorry. Tell her and chances are, she'll appreciate your honesty, and appreciate your integrity.

Posted

I'm apparently not one of those "most people". I would have at least asked to see the girl they were talking about. And if she didn't interest me, then I would have been a little more tactful than reply with a blunt, "No."

Posted

I'm apparently not one of those "most people". I would have at least asked to see the girl they were talking about. And if she didn't interest me, then I would have been a little more tactful than reply with a blunt, "No."

*Sigh*

"Most people" meaning 12 year old kids who've just come out of a school where it's wrong to have a relationship with a girl.

Posted

*Sigh*

"Most people" meaning 12 year old kids who've just come out of a school where it's wrong to have a relationship with a girl.

Look, you're not going to just go out with someone who don't even know. That's a solid defense for saying 'no'. Hell, you hadn't even seen her yet, let alone know what her personality is like at all.

And she may be a really nice girl (sounds like she is), but chances are, she didn't even know who you were. That's something she needs to learn. People who just randomly leave their phone number to a stranger are pretty stupid in my mind. You have no idea who this person is, and while I try to believe in the best of people, how do you know this guy/girl isn't a nutcase? Or super depressing? Or really boring? How do you know you'll get along with this person at all? At least talk a little bit first.

Posted

Look, you're not going to just go out with someone who don't even know. That's a solid defense for saying 'no'. Hell, you hadn't even seen her yet, let alone know what her personality is like at all.

And she may be a really nice girl (sounds like she is), but chances are, she didn't even know who you were. That's something she needs to learn. People who just randomly leave their phone number to a stranger are pretty stupid in my mind. You have no idea who this person is, and while I try to believe in the best of people, how do you know this guy/girl isn't a nutcase? Or super depressing? Or really boring?

That is SO TRUE. But, that last thing you said, I saw her with her friends today, and she seems fine.

PS: LP will find this strange: Her name is Melissa. O___________________________________________________________O

Posted

That is SO TRUE. But, that last thing you said, I saw her with her friends today, and she seems fine.

PS: LP will find this strange: Her name is Melissa. O___________________________________________________________O

Seems fine as in she's pretty cool, or as in she's not the "hideous freak" your friends previously described?

Posted

Both.

Posted

just go apologize, then spark up a conversation and see if your interested... or not i guess. . .

Posted

Ditto, a solid no just seems stupid from whatever point of view.

Although your friend may have said that to make you think you hadn't missed anything, there's probabbly nothing to worry about relating to your friends.

also @Heir_To_Hyrule

if you don't get their phone number/vica versa/similar, then there's little way of finding out what they're like, is there?

Posted

Thanks for the advice guys, it sort of helped... I've discussed this with my best friend, who I really trust, and he looked shocked at first, but now he's kind of helping me with this. If any of you have any idea how I should tell her I've changed my mind, please do...

Posted

Well, you've already been told how, don't ya think?