Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lack 'O relationship

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, as the topic states. The situation: There's a girl I like. Alot. However, talking to her isn't the problem. She's going out with my section leader in band. Us both being trumpet players, (him 1st chair, me second),we're known to be ego tastical, and very competitive. Advice as to what I should do?

Posted

Rofl. Is the topic title a reference to the lesser title of mine?

Anyways, I'm guessing this is a bit frustrating for you. I don't know what to tell you.

(And wow. Is the trumpet stereotype universal? I'm not competetive for the most part, or egotastical... HOWEVER, the first chair down to the sixth in our JAZZ band are. =D )

Perhaps you could befriend her a bit more and if she ever separates from him, you could try to woo her a bit?

I dunno.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I know this wouldn't be much help, but I'm the first chair trumpet in our band, and I'm a friendly rival with a french horn player. I CAN tell you, however, that I am somewhat egotastical. I really don't think you can get much better advice than what Saha gave you. Maybe challenge him for firs chair? IDK. Hope you get something worked out.