Mysteries of Sheik-Male or Female???

191 posts in this topic

Posted

Shiek IS male.

But is truly a female in disguise.

But if you were to count them as just charcters.

Then Shiek would be male.

If you were count them. As their ACTUAL person.

Then Shiek is female.

Thank you Chef! That's what I'm getting at! Sheik is indeed Zelda in disguise; a female in disguise, dressed up as a man. That doesn't mean that her gender has changed, I'm sayin that Sheik's character is male. As Chef said, if you count them as the actual person, then Sheik is a female.

But I meant character-wise. Not actual person-wise.

Posted

Zelda=Female

Zelda=Sheik

Sheik=Female.

I already tried that lodic some where in this topic.

Posted

YAY!!! Now we can forget about this rediculus topic! Plus, the whole topic is idiotic, considering that it would almost never be fully resolved--- opinions are opinions.

Posted

Hmm... where, in-game, has it been stated that Sheik is male? We don't know for sure that the character Sheik is supposed to be a man.

Also, the Sheikah appears to be quite muscular. Example: Impa (OoT).

Ruto said she was saved by a young man. Why do you think Nintendo made her say that? To surprise us. Like, "WOAH! It was Zelda all along!"

Oh, and since we know that Sheik = Zelda, it makes no sense to call Sheik male.

Posted

:huhwhat:

i'm positive we already have a topic like this.

but yes, i believe sheik is male.

submarinequill's topic convinced me. :mellow:

Yes, Sahaqiel did indeed make quite a long and oober topic about this.

Scientifically, yes, Sheik is male. As I read a while ago in Sahaqiel's topic and now put into my words: In females, the hips are generally the same width as the shoulders. In males, however, the shoulders are wider than the hips. See the picture of Sheik in the first post. He obviously fits the latter description. Video game character designers do take these facts into consideration when designing a character model. They purposely made Sheik's shoulders wider than his hips because HE IS MALE. Therefore, Sheik is a dude. And this debate must be centered on Sheik's bodily structure being male or female, because he is obviously Zelda on the inside.

Sheik is a male, as confirmed in Ocarina of Time when Ruto refers to Sheik as "he"

THAR is my other point. :o Sir Josh brings up some convincing evidence. Why ever would they have one of the other characters say something meant to be understood to lie? Oh wait; they wouldn't. :o

Sheik is supposed to be MALE, but is actually Female because he's Zelda in disguise.

...You said he. :P

Posted

For me, she is a magic-disguised female. With that she can look how she wants and that's all there's no more to say.

Posted

...You said he. :P

Posted (edited)

This is a stupid topic, you guys do realize that everyone will keep posting their opinions over and over and it will never be resolved. Besides, the dark one is correct, zelda is sheik, she is simply in diguise, and there are numerous ways to disguise someone's appearance. the character sheik is male because it is a trick, but the person is female, now can we end this itiocracy?

Edited by quazy1 (see edit history)

Posted

This is a stupid topic, you guys do realize that everyone will keep posting their opinions over and over and it will never be resolved. Besides, the dark one is correct, zelda is sheik, she is simply in diguise, and there are numerous ways to disguise someone's appearance. the character sheik is male because it is a trick, but the person is female, now can we end this itiocracy?

That's what a DEBATE is about! I agree with dark.

Posted

Zelda is Female, and she tricked everyone into believing Sheik is Male, even though it was her. and Since Sheik is a completely different person, sheik is a HE!!!!

...So you agree with me? :mellow: I'm somewhat confused on where you stand here.

Sheik the person is male. Zelda changed her bodily structure to become Sheik (Not a simple change of clothes). And the topic is asking whether Sheik is male or female. Not Zelda. And how do we figure out whether someone is a man or a woman? By certain body characteristics. Sheik shares those of a man; ergo, Sheik is a dude.

Posted

...So you agree with me? :mellow: I'm somewhat confused on where you stand here.

Sheik the person is male. Zelda changed her bodily structure to become Sheik (Not a simple change of clothes). And the topic is asking whether Sheik is male or female. Not Zelda. And how do we figure out whether someone is a man or a woman? By certain body characteristics. Sheik shares those of a man; ergo, Sheik is a dude.

Ok then, personaly I would never ever ever do this but let's say I want to, say I want to be a new girl at school and I were a bra and girl clothes. Yet even though I changed my apperance I'm still a boy either way. Even if we weren't talking about Zelda she is still the key of shiek.

Posted

Wow, YLA. That's just...wow. Lovely example. :P

I personally think that Sheik is a male, but having never played the game, I can't really have a fully factual say in this. But the body structure screams "male" to me. A while ago, Sahaqiel had an extremely good point: his shoulders are far wider than his hips. Women have bigger hips because it's supposedly better for childbirth. Men have narrower hips because they're not going to actually have kids. The hair doesn't support the theory though, it looks like it should be on a girl's head with the wrap and all. :unsure: But if Shigeru Miyamoto said he's a guy, then he's a guy. Trust the game creator. :joy: (Oh, and the whole "because Zelda is Shiek, Shiek is a girl" argument is fairly good too, but I don't think it's plausible. For one, Zelda could use magic to alter her gender. And then again, Nintendo could be creating a conspiracy. I hate things like this.)

Posted

Exactly. No one knows if Zelda alters her anatomy when she transforms. Exept for Shiggy of course. Someone needs to go to Japan and have a word with him about this. xD

Posted

Sheik is a girl posing as a guy, so sheik is a he she..

You mean Sheik is a She-Male.

Posted (edited)

You mean Sheik is a She-Male.

I think your right!...WAIT Sheik is Zelda in disguise right? So if Sheik is a She-Male then Zelda is...LINK!!! WATCH OUT!!!

____ :sheik: = :unsure: _______ :sheik: = :zelda: ___________________ :zelda: = ...@#$%!!!

Edited by Odin (see edit history)