Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney demo

6 posts in this topic

Posted

This is a mock trial demo for Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, which came out yesterday 021908. It's the fourth installment of Capcom's Ace Attorney series, and is the first to be designed specifically for Nintendo DS (the first three were originally only released in Japan for Gameboy Advance, then localized and ported to the DS).

It follows a new defense attorney, Apollo Justice, and revolves around him trying to solve the mysteries behind the protagonist of the first three games, Phoenix Wright, who somehow abandoned his profession as a lawyer in the seven-year timegap between AJ and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations, the series' third game.

If you have a DS, I highly recommend getting this game (I'm through the first trial and halfway through the second), and especially the first three games to get the most out of it.

Posted

Ought to be being imported to me now, although the battery on my DS lite is in tatters, so I might need to retrieve my old DS from home while I wait to get the battery replaced.

Need to finish the 3rd one first too, on the 4th case at the moment (which I would be right in believing that's the final one?)

O and to anyone else, I've played this demo before and if you've never played Phoenix Wright before, I wouldn't base your opinions of the actual gameplay on the demo, this is basically just a teaser on how good the writing is in these games, you barely have to do anything in the demo

Posted

Yeah, I have it. On the second case right now. I was playing it in alg. 2 and lunch. The Perceive/Minuku system works really well in trial, I have to say. At first I wasn't sure about how it would play out, but it's better than the Psyche-Lock feature in the second and third games, in my opinion.

Turnabout Beginnings on the third game? No, there's one more case after that (Bridge to the Turnabout). Bridge to the Turnabout is in my opinion the best case in the series; it's long, the plot twists and turns nicely, it perfectly ties all the games together (even the second, which seemed kind of displaced in the series up until Bridge to the Turnabout), and you even

get to play as Edgeworth

!. Which is the way it should be, since it's Phoenix's last case before Apollo Justice. It was a very nice close to the series' Phoenix arc.

Trials and Tribulations is the only game that originally had five cases. The first two only had four; Rise From the Ashes in the first one was only done for the Japanese rerelease (Yomigaeru Gyakuten), and carried over in the localized versions.

Posted

yeah, I knew about the 5th on the first one being added, which is why I'd assumed there were 4 cases on the 4th as well, as it is, yay! :joy:

Now I just gotta finish those 2 first...

Posted

Why, where did you last stop on the fourth case (out of curiosity)?

Posted

I can't remember where I was when I posted that, but I've just started the 5th case now.